Buckie - GAME OFF Preview Streaming & Matchday

tm4tj

Ball 8 v Ball 27

Coronavirus trumps all. 

Scottish Cup games on hold until February at the earliest

***A pitch inspection is planned for Saturday morning after the recent cold spell has left a lot of pitches frozen,***

InkedBuckie Cup_LI.jpgFollowing a pitch inspection this morning at Victoria Park, today’s Scottish Cup Second Round tie against Buckie Thistle has been postponed. The match will now be played on Tuesday 12 January 2021, Victoria Park, 8.00pm kick-off

That draw means that The Caley Jags will head to Victoria Park Buckie to take on olde Highland League adversaries Buckie Thistle in the second round of the William Hill Scottish Cup on Saturday January 9th, a draw predicted by one of our resident seers Gringo. Unfortunately the game will be covid restricted meaning that no fans will be allowed into the ground to witness the first full competitive match between the sides. The game is scheduled to kick-off at 3:00pm.

It's not the worst draw to be honest as we have a decent record of putting green and white hooped sides out of the Scottish Cup. A cold winters afternoon, potential banana skin fixture with the possibility of a scalp for the Highland League side. What's not to enjoy about the early rounds of the Scottish Cup.

+++++++++++++++ Buckie Jags +++++++++++++++++

Streaming? (waiting for confirmation)

Official Preview

+++++++++++++++ Caley Jags +++++++++++++++++

Graeme Stewart's Buckie Thistle made their way to the second round of the Cup after an excellent away win at Albion Rovers, beating the Cliftonhill side 3-0. Two goals from Andrew MacAskill, one direct from a corner kick, and a Scott Adams strike were enough to inflict a sixth defeat in seven games for Brian Reid's side. Boss Stewart had played under John Robertson for the Caley Jags from season 1999 to 2003 making 38 appearances, scoring twice. Former Inverness youngsters Kevin Fraser and Andrew MacAskill are at Buckie along with keeper Martin MacKinnon who is on loan at present. Stewart's assistant manager Lewis MacKinnon is also on the books as a player, so great incentive for these guys to do well against their former club.

John Robertson has lost the services of Kai Kennedy to covid. The exciting prospect has returned to parent club Rangers as he has signed a new contract and it is believed he will be loaned out to Raith Rovers. More detail can be found at ICTFC. It is believed "he found the pandemic restrictions and the fact he was so far away from his family particularly difficult and became increasingly, and understandably, homesick". Awwww, you OK hun? He will be a massive miss at the Caledonian Stadium for the rest of this season especially on top of the news that Aaron Doran will likely miss out for a couple of weeks after suffering concussion in the game against Dunfermline Athletic just before the bells. This should open the door for Daniel Mackay to return to the starting XI as a wide forward.

Maybe we would have seen the likes of David Carson if he wasn't suspended, as his energy is missed in midfield and there's no guarantee that Sean Welsh will stay injury free for a run of games. Kevin McHattie is another we have yet to see re-appear after pre-season injury.

***Latest Team News from the ICT camp***

David Carson and Brad Mckay are suspended for this Cup game. Aaron Doran is out after suffering concussion against the Pars and Kevin McHattie and Lewis Toshney are at least a month away from making a comeback. I expect that will smooth the way for Wallace Duffy to return with possibly Daniel Mackay replacing Kennedy/Doran.

Scottish Cup Flashback.... Some strike by Duthie. Boom!

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

• tm4tj pinned and featured this topic

Charlie Christie will be in the dug out on Saturday as two coaches and a senior member of staff are isolating. No details as to who they are but they must include some of Kellacher, Wilson and Esson. Hopefully none of them have the virus.

No players affected. Christie has been helping Robbo with the training.

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/three-self-isolating-at-ict-223973/

Edited by Robert

This match brings home to me the full effect of not being able to attend.

I have missed not being able to attend league matches but, going back to pre merger days, being able to watch an early round in the cup played out on a Highland League ground would have been very special indeed.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Queens Park v Queen of the South on BBC Scotland now. Kick-Off at 7:45pm.

I never spotted this before but:  A reminder that should tonight’s game finish a draw, it will go to extra-time and penalties if needed. There are no replays in this years cup.

12 hours ago, Robert said:

Not surprisingly there is a pitch inspection in the morning.

I'm guessing this is why there is no information on streaming the match. Perhaps holding off until confirmed if the match is on?

• tm4tj changed the title to Buckie - GAME OFF Preview Streaming & Matchday

❌ Game off ❌

Following a pitch inspection this morning at Victoria Park, today’s Scottish Cup Second Round tie against Buckie Thistle has been postponed.

The match will now be played on Tuesday 12 January 2021, Victoria Park, 8.00pm kick-off

👉 https://t.co/olVYSJrlYx https://t.co/1xVXWNuLkQ

18 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

This match brings home to me the full effect of not being able to attend.

I have missed not being able to attend league matches but, going back to pre merger days, being able to watch an early round in the cup played out on a Highland League ground would have been very special 

Recalling the Thistle v Flalkirk tie which ended up being postponed 29 times due to a frozen pitch, even this brings a sense of nostalgia.

That tie ended up being played at 2pm on a weekday despite Kingsmills having floodlights. I bunked off school in the afternoon to attend and, twenty minutes into the match with Falkirk already 3 up, I was wishing that I was in the warm a few hundred yards away in Midmills enduring double geography with Mr Preece instead.

Look who it is.........

Goal! Kelty Hearts 1, Stranraer 0. Nathan Austin (Kelty Hearts) left footed shot from outside the box to the top left corner. Assisted by James Stevenson.

Kallum Higginbotham makes it 2-0.

Dundee’s game tonight should be used to ensure we are not complacent on Tuesday (if it goes ahead then) as they only got to extra time with a stoppage time equaliser and Bonnyrigg led again in extra time.

I didn’t watch it but was hoping when I checked the scores that Dundee would have lost. 

• Agree 1

Watched the 2nd half and extra time.  Bonnyrigg played very well and might even have snatched an equaliser with the last kick of the game.  There are decent players at the lower levels and they are increasingly well organised.  And, of course, the players will always give their all when there is a chance of being part of a cup upset.  I am sure it will be drilled into the players that they will need to be on their game.

• Agree 1

Over the next few years the pyramid system could see some decent teams join the league, such as Kelty and Bonnyrigg. Add that to Cove emerging and Queens Park investing to progress, some established teams will suffer.

We need to ensure we are not one of those teams that drops down as a result. 

• Agree 1

covid.jpgWe can put this to one side for now as covid restrictions have stopped all Scottish Cup games from midnight tonight until February at the earliest.

Buckie & County can wait, the virus won't.

Championship games to continue, but this will be reviewed daily.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
  • tm4tj locked this topic