Team for Alloa

CaleyTennis

Let's hope this goes ahead because we haven't played in at least a month and tbh, we can't afford another game needing rearranged! 

I'd imagine we will have a near full squad to choose from so, here goes lol. 

Ridgers 

Duffy, Devine, Deas, Harper 

Doran, McGregor, Vincent, Storey 

Sutherland and Keatings. 

Subs: Cam Mackay, Brad McKay, Welsh, Allardice, Carson, Dan Mackay and Todorov. 

Edited by CaleyTennis
Adding the subs.
  • Like 1

Don't see too much wrong with that team save for getting Allardice in there instead of Vincent. Allardice has probably been (one of) our best player(s) this season so he has to start if he is fit. Mckay hasn't done that badly at RB though Duffy seems more robust there despite also being a CB by trade. There really is a massive Kai Kennedy shaped hole in the wide areas though. Doran (is he fit?) and Storey as wide men? We need reinforcements in that area for sure.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Satan said:

Team selection shouldn't be an issue,  if fit it picks itself & regardless,  we should beat Alloa at home.

We should and if we do, it will be better than we did at home to them in the league last season when we drew 1-1 and 2-2.

The defeat to them before Christmas should be fresh in the players’ minds and should act as a spur to put things right.

In terms of the team, I’d like to see Daniel Mackay get game time in place of Kennedy and Carson feature if he is fit enough. 

• Agree 2

No Palace game this week (thankfully!), so would be nice for this one to go ahead and be streamed.... Looks fairly wet all the way until late Friday, although breezy, then the temperatures goes below freezing, but perhaps not long enough to affect the pitch (or might they run the under-soild heating for a period. Saturday itself looks OK, unless you we're sat in the stands getting chilled to the bone (which of course no one is)

Actually a lovely sunny morning down here in South London, so I have my optimistic hat on. I sooo miss my trips up North

Be good to see Carson back and see who goes in the wing in place of Kennedy.

• Like 1

Here's hoping it's on. The snow is thawing but surface water might be an issue. I'm so desperate to see them play that I'll even put up with the low quality streaming experience.

Ridgers in goal then I'd like to see 3 at the back - Devine, Mckay and Deas, with Duffy and Harper pushing up. We need the Welsh and Allardice partnership in the middle to develop. Give MacGregor a free role in front of them. Then two from Keatings, Storey, Sutherland or Doran to complete the line up.

• Agree 1