Morton -V- Inverness CT - Preview-Streaming-Matchday

tm4tj

If at first you don't succeed

It's the second time of trying to get this match played (postponed from Boxing Day) and that will be the same for another handful of games as a combination of snow, ice, Scottish Cup and covid19 have decimated our campaign. We will be playing catch-up for the foreseeable future with postponed Championship games against Arbroath, Queen of the South, Raith Rovers and Alloa to come, not to mention cup games against Buckie Thistle and possibly Ross County.

Our last game was a 1-1 draw with Dunfermline on 29th December. Almost one month ago. Morton drew at Ayr that day and the same 1-1 scoreline at Alloa four days later. They have drawn with the Pars since then and went down 2-1 at Dumfries last Saturday. Not the most profitable period for Morton, but at least they have been active.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Live Streaming from Ton TV £14

Kick Off 6:30 - Cappielow

Official Preview

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest Team News

Kai Kennedy is now at Raith Rovers and he will be a big miss. Lewis Toshney and Kevin McHattie are not ready for action after long term injuries. Robbo has hinted that there are a couple of new niggly injuries that may require rest with a busy schedule coming up. I wonder if Wallace Duffy, Aaron Doran and David Carson might have benefitted from the enforced lay off and will be looking to get involved with the squad

Morton

Morton team v QotS: McAdams, Ledger, Fjortoft, McGinty, Strapp (Oliver 78′), McAlister, Lyon, Salkeld, Colville, Nesbitt, Orsi

Given the amount of Previews wasted recently, that's all your getting. Meh!

After losing to Raith Rovers on Saturday, the Jambos gained ample revenge by pumping Raith 4-0 at Stark's Park tonight. Hendry of Rovers was sent off before the break.

• tm4tj changed the title to Morton -V- Inverness CT - Preview-Streaming-Matchday

I’ve paid Morton £14 for the game tonight. I hope the players make it worthwhile. 

After all the postponements, I’m really looking forward to it and, with it being an evening game, the beer is chilling already for kick off. 

• Well Said 1

3 hours ago, tm4tj said:

Good man Robert, you are on the report for tonight then...

You missed my reference to beer. I may make comments along the way but they may get less coherent so best that someone else tries to do the report!!

Edited by Robert
  • Facepalm 1

Date: 27/01/2001  Venue: Cappielow, Greenock Attendance: 000 Referee: Peter Stuart 

Morton: 0 

• Manager: Anton McElhone
  • Lineup:  McAdams; Ledger, Fjortoft, McGinty, Nesbitt, Oliver, McGuffie, Strapp, Blues, Colville, Omar
  • Subs (not used):  McLean, Millar, McAlister, Muirhead, Orsi, Salkeld, Lyon.

Inverness CT: 0

• Lineup:  Ridgers; Duffy, Deas, Devine, Harper, Doran, Welsh, Allardice, Vincent, Sutherland, D Mackay
  • Subs (not used): C Mackay; Nicolson, Hyde, Carson, MacGregor, Keatings, Todorov

We are actually playing a game!!

But 1 behind in third minute. We’ve not been out of our own half so far.

Shot inside the box after scrappy play in the box after a free kick. 

Edited by Robert

4 minutes ago, WYNESS101 said:

Doran Vincent Mackay

Sutherland

Is that how we are set up?

Looks that way. Sutherland up top and 5 in the middle when not in possession with Doran wide left and Mackay wide right. Welsh and Allardice sitting deeper in the main. 

Edited by Robert

Decent half of football with both teams trying to play football.

Our quick equaliser was very important as Morton started very quickly.

This game is not won, despite them being down to 10. We need to play the whole game tonight.

Vincent’s performance has been a pleasant surprise and good to see Sutherland playing centre forward.

MacKay’s goal the pick of the action so far. 

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic