Morton -V- Inverness CT - Preview-Streaming-Matchday

tm4tj

18 hours ago, FrontRow said:

... nor anyone driving the team on.

That came to me during the game.  No one on the pitch reading the game, assessing how it was going, reacting to the ebb and flow, influencing the team.  Just 11 players doing their own things, and not able or not having the vision to adapt when it was needed.

• Agree 2

I get that robbo is annoyed but I think he misses the point! The players have, and not just this season stopped playing for him. They can clearly see his coaching style and kellacher and Wilsons coaching style is ****, and they aren't accepting it any more. Right or wrong I'd say this is why we are where we are, and any bigger club would see that and sack the manager but we won't because we can't afford to so we'll keep rumbling on with the same **** and get worse and worse year on year until we finally end up in league 1 and then dissolve. It needs change now but change costs money I get that 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Donald1973 said:

I get that robbo is annoyed but I think he misses the point! The players have, and not just this season stopped playing for him. They can clearly see his coaching style and kellacher and Wilsons coaching style is ****, and they aren't accepting it any more. Right or wrong I'd say this is why we are where we are, and any bigger club would see that and sack the manager but we won't because we can't afford to so we'll keep rumbling on with the same **** and get worse and worse year on year until we finally end up in league 1 and then dissolve. It needs change now but change costs money I get that 

There is no doubt that we are all disappointed and that both coaches and players were at fault last night.

However, given all the challenges that we are facing right now, that is a ridiculously unfair and negative post.

• Agree 4
  • Well Said 1

Think back a week or two to Robbo’s comments about how the pandemic is affecting him personally and how he feels for the players, many of whom have not seen their families for months. Everyone on here showed support then, and we need to maintain that support, however the season turns out.

We should have seen last night out and won, but our away form is poor this season, with 4 points out of 15, and we don’t seem able to keep our momentum for the full 90 minutes.

We had a good first half, so if we can find a way of maintaining that level of performance for full games we will not be too far away. However, the challenge is achieving that.

The next week or two will make or break our season. If we can put a run together, we will be back in touch as all the other teams are also dropping points.

Roll on Saturday! Hopefully the pitch is covered, they have sorted the patch that caused the problem last Saturday, and we get a morale boosting win.

• Agree 3

• tm4tj unpinned this topic