Hearts: 26 February: virtual tickets

Robert

We are on course for a record home crowd in Inverness, albeit virtually.

A generous gesture from the Hearts fans for which everyone involved with the club is very grateful.

Bought mine today together with another for my virtual imaginary friend.

If you haven't done so already  please tell your friends, family and colleagues about this wonderful initiative and encourage them to participate.

Let's try to nudge these sales into five figures. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

Fantastic gesture from Hearts .Hopefully as many ICT fans as possible can support this . 
Huge appreciation to all Hearts supporters ..... Unbelievabe !! ..Thank You .

Hope they will be as kind to us on the night !!

Edited by izzy
  • Agree 1

Good to see that this has got on to the BBC sports website.....I reckon we could see a 5 digit virtual attendance come the matchday.

The highest club attendence I've been part of was 51,482 in 1979 when Palace got promoted..... I wonder?

• Like 2

Just got ours and the ticket site said last sale was 1 minute ago so still lots of mileage in this great effort - anybody know how many sold so far? Big thank you to all the Jambo fans for their support, it's spirit like this that is just what Scottish football needs!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Eagle4Caley said:

The highest club attendence I've been part of was 51,482 in 1979 when Palace got promoted..... I wonder?

For me, 132,870 at Hampden, 1969 Scottish Cup Final..... so maybe not  :lol:

(Celtic 4 Rangers 0.  Alex Ferguson's last game for Rangers.  ICT pre-history link - Andy Penman.)

40 minutes ago, CaleyCanary said:

Just got ours and the ticket site said last sale was 1 minute ago so still lots of mileage in this great effort - anybody know how many sold so far? Big thank you to all the Jambo fans for their support, it's spirit like this that is just what Scottish football needs!

7,400 (from Jambos Kickback) - still selling fast

• Like 5

2 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

For me, 132,870 at Hampden, 1969 Scottish Cup Final..... so maybe not  :lol:

(Celtic 4 Rangers 0.  Alex Ferguson's last game for Rangers.  ICT pre-history link - Andy Penman.)

I was at the 'Tam Forsyth" Final 4 years later. 122714 and the last ever 6-figure crowd for a Scottish club game I think. Also was at Scotland v England 119325 in 1972 and I think that was the last 6-figure crowd for an International in Scotland and probably the UK.

4 hours ago, CaleyCanary said:

From Hearts stadium announcer (a few minutes ago)

I’ve just spoken with Scot Gardiner & John Robertson & ICT have now sold more tickets than the ground can hold. Now within 51 tickets of becoming the biggest crowd ever breaking the record held by Rangers.

• Like 2
  • Thank You 1

58 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Also was at Scotland v England 119325 in 1972 and I think that was the last 6-figure crowd for an International in Scotland and probably the UK.

I thought I was there in 1970, but on checking the scores it must have been 1972 as well.   Alan Ball scored by nutmegging the keeper, and then spent the rest of the match making V-signs at the crowd.

Better stop now before the mods book us for being off-topic 😉

1 hour ago, TheMantis said:

I was at the 'Tam Forsyth" Final 4 years later. 122714 and the last ever 6-figure crowd for a Scottish club game I think. Also was at Scotland v England 119325 in 1972 and I think that was the last 6-figure crowd for an International in Scotland and probably the UK.

was there with a Rangers supporting schoolmate and in the Rangers end  - as a 'neutral' I impulsively clapped the first goal by Kenny Dalglish - the sound of one hand clapping - had to drop to the deck as 60,000 pairs of eyes swivelled round to find me

24 minutes ago, Scott Herbertson said:

was there with a Rangers supporting schoolmate and in the Rangers end  - as a 'neutral' I impulsively clapped the first goal by Kenny Dalglish - the sound of one hand clapping - had to drop to the deck as 60,000 pairs of eyes swivelled round to find me

I had a similar experience in 1971 when a 'neutral' at the Partick v Celtic league cup final - luckily we were sitting in 'posh' seats as me and my brother could hardly contain ourselves by the time Thistle were 4-0 up - my Celtic supporting cousin was in tears! Just checked the stats, only 62,000 there that day, was an experience I'd love to go through again 😃

Surely the fact that Hearts fans have packed out the stadium and are spilling into the car park means it would be worthwhile building up the West Stand (which is currently about 4 or 5 rows deep and occupied by training goals) to be a relatively decent sized stand to accommodate these extra fans willing to make the journey north.

I'm not suggesting we go from what we are now to an Ibrox sized place, but rounding it up to a healthy 10k would be beneficial against The Old Firm, Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts (clearly after their response) and obviously C*unty, and hell even European Games (on the assumption we will ever see those heights again while we're playing at the TCS, but with 5 teams qualifying from next season, it's not entirely impossible).

I'm aware, that the club isn't in the best places right now regarding money, especially at this time, but surely there must be some thought of expanding the A9 side of a ground that's been the same for about 23 years now...

7 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Surely the fact that Hearts fans have packed out the stadium and are spilling into the car park means it would be worthwhile building up the West Stand (which is currently about 4 or 5 rows deep and occupied by training goals) to be a relatively decent sized stand to accommodate these extra fans willing to make the journey north.

I'm not suggesting we go from what we are now to an Ibrox sized place, but rounding it up to a healthy 10k would be beneficial against The Old Firm, Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts (clearly after their response) and obviously C*unty, and hell even European Games (on the assumption we will ever see those heights again while we're playing at the TCS, but with 5 teams qualifying from next season, it's not entirely impossible).

I'm aware, that the club isn't in the best places right now regarding money, especially at this time, but surely there must be some thought of expanding the A9 side of a ground that's been the same for about 23 years now...

That sounds good Jack but remember we are talking virtually :smile:

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, IBM said:

That sounds good Jack but remember we are talking virtually :smile:

I know, but they also said they'd do it as a thanks for voting against them going down...and that was long before any thought of a virtual ticketing scheme was brought up, which was almost a year ago (jesus)