Hearts: 26 February: virtual tickets

Robert

9 hours ago, Satan said:

Attendance record.

The clue is in the first word. 

All very jolly, but no one is attending.

🤔

If you want to be pedantic  then it is recent ticket sales for a home match in Inverness. In fact, for any sporting fixture in the Highlands and a magnificent effort from Hearts fans, our fans and neutrals alike.

The next target is to surpass our record ever home attractive of 9,530 against the Dons when the Hill of Dung was our temporary home.

Continue to spread the word, with over a fortnight to go  I am sure that we can do it and generate more much needed income at such a difficult time.

• Agree 2

19 hours ago, Eagle4Caley said:

Good to see that this has got on to the BBC sports website.....I reckon we could see a 5 digit virtual attendance come the matchday.

The highest club attendence I've been part of was 51,482 in 1979 when Palace got promoted..... I wonder?

Blimey, lot's of people trumping my crowd figure! However I wasn't referring to finals (I've seen Palace at Wembley a few times) or Internationals!

This match could end up being the highlight of our season, can we beat Hearts in front of a virtual crowd of 16,000, more than double our actual capacity...it could happen

Now if we see the 2019/20 Challenge Cup Final played finally before this season is out maybe we can do the same thing, and set a record for that match!

44 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

The next target is to surpass our record ever home attractive of 9,530 against the Dons when the Hill of Dung was our temporary home.

Surely our record "home" crowd is the 11,000 odd that packed into Tannadice for the Scottish Cup tie with Rangers?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Surely our record "home" crowd is the 11,000 odd that packed into Tannadice for the Scottish Cup tie with Rangers?

As one of those who was there, of course you are right.

Another target to aim for before then going after what the Mannie points out is the record ticket sales for the stadium.😁

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Way to go to beat the Stadium record of 18000 for visit of Elton John.

Given that old Reg is a football man, someone should bring this game to his attention and suggest that he buys a ticket.

If 18,000 people paid to see him, then he could return the compliment :lol:

He'd get Robbo's autograph if he could stretch to a £10 one!

• Funny 1

Not knowing what they cost, but I'd  imagine they were a lot more than a fiver, I'd say Elton's ticket income won't be surpassed - certainly not for a virtually ticketed football match at the stadium - for sometime.

Edited by Satan

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Imagine how many they could get for a Taylor Swift gig! 

spacer.png

Unfortunately, Clach have beaten us to it and she is booked to appear at Grant Street in the Autumn with a contingency to move the gig to upstairs at the Gellions if the weather is bad.

• Funny 4

That’s me bought two with signed letter. It was showing the numbers in the booking process, but I can’t remember whether they were 8256 and 8257 or 8526 and 8527 as they didn’t appear later in the booking process.

Either way the number sold is rising nicely. 

• Like 2

Hearts fan in peace.  I'm personally awaiting 5 signed letters from Robbo.  My monthly pension comes through next week, so I may very well up that to 10 letters.  I'm more than happy to throw a bit of my money to ICT, if any of you check out Hearts forums, you'll know that I'm not alone.

Your club is regarded by Hearts fans as being one of the good guys, the fact that your manager is a Hearts legend just adds to that feeling.  My ideal scenario for this season is that we carry on and win the league, and you guys can also win promotion through the play-offs, you have a lot of games in hand so that's not a crazy idea.  I think your current league position is a bit false because of the games you have in hand.

I'd love nothing more than both our clubs starting next season in the top flight, and being able to make a trip to Inverness, which is a wonderful city and a great day out.  Obviously, Hearts would win, but only narrowly.  To compensate for your narrow loss, we would have Ross County at home the following week and stick 6 goals past them. The Staggies are very much on the bad guys list with Hearts fans.

• Like 7
  • Thank You 1

9 hours ago, RobNox said:

Hearts fan in peace.  I'm personally awaiting 5 signed letters from Robbo.  My monthly pension comes through next week, so I may very well up that to 10 letters.  I'm more than happy to throw a bit of my money to ICT, if any of you check out Hearts forums, you'll know that I'm not alone.

Your club is regarded by Hearts fans as being one of the good guys, the fact that your manager is a Hearts legend just adds to that feeling.  My ideal scenario for this season is that we carry on and win the league, and you guys can also win promotion through the play-offs, you have a lot of games in hand so that's not a crazy idea.  I think your current league position is a bit false because of the games you have in hand.

I'd love nothing more than both our clubs starting next season in the top flight, and being able to make a trip to Inverness, which is a wonderful city and a great day out.  Obviously, Hearts would win, but only narrowly.  To compensate for your narrow loss, we would have Ross County at home the following week and stick 6 goals past them. The Staggies are very much on the bad guys list with Hearts fans.

I'm a South London based ICT fan and I've twice unsuccessfully tried to come up to watch Caley play at your ground, last autumn because of Covid [I was a bit optimistic] and in December 2015 when the match was called off due to high winds [when we landed the night before I don't think the plane was horizontal until we touched down!] Edinburgh is one of my favourite places in the World [after Inverness of course] so I will still keep trying. Interestingly I am also a Crystal Palace fan and we both shared a manager in Craig Burley, who experienced torrid times at both clubs..Palace virtually ended his career, although I think he had personal problems. Palace have been in Administration three times and nearly disappeared in 2010, so I have empathy with Hearts own recent troubles. This has been a brilliant initiative fantastically supported by the Hearts fans, and shows the better side of football and fans in particular. I think you guys might get promoted this season, maybe with a good run and momentum from all our postponed games we can attach ourselves to your coattails and come up via the play-offs.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Robert said:

Over 9000!

A windfall of something between £45k and £90k with two weeks to go.

https://ictfc.com/virtual-ticket-sales-go-over-9000

A vital and most welcome boost to our coffers at this most difficult of times.

Once again. Thanks to the Hearts fans who came up with this wonderful gesture and everyone, Hearts fan, ICT fan or no fan at all who has contributed in their own modest way.

There is much to criticise in Scottish football but it is also important to give full praise and credit where it's due and it is most certainly due here.

• Agree 8

15 hours ago, Row S said:

It got a mention on A View from the Terrace last night. The guys were not very complimentary and two of them are Jambos.

Yes I watched that was a little bit disappointed how they didn’t say more about the fact that it’s fans helping other teams and paying with the hard earned cash  thought the wee numpty who sits on the left was the worst can’t mind his name tbh though I quite like the other three 

Apparently the second coming of Christ has happened, don't worry though, it was just to buy a souvenir ticket, so no apocalypse yet...though I'm not sure if Robbo would agree on that front with about 8000 letters to go...

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/alan-pattullo-great-highlands-ticket-rush-showing-no-signs-abating-rudolf-skacel-gets-involved-3133920?amp