Hearts: 26 February: virtual tickets

Robert

11 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Confirmation that £85k so far so most tickets must be the £10 option.

We can hopefully exceed £100k. 

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Milking fans (of both sides) for as much as they can whilst ignoring supporters comments about the poor quality of the match day stream is definitely going to go down well.

Its web design geekery but I think this may have originated with Hearts .... its their page and Curtis Sport have not changed the page title from a previous program that may have been on sale .... The HTML notes that it's from the following game:  <title>Heart of Midlothian v Queen of the South - 12/12/20</title>

image.png

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Its web design geekery but I think this may have originated with Hearts .... its their page and Curtis Sport have not changed the page title from a previous program that may have been on sale .... The HTML notes that it's from the following game:  <title>Heart of Midlothian v Queen of the South - 12/12/20</title>

image.png

I certainly hope that it's Hearts that has organised this rather than this.

Exploiting the goodwill of supporters whilst, at the same time, totally ignoring their legitimate concerns and queries is not a good look.

The club certainly seems to be "marketing" it as their idea. I have no issue with them milking as much money as possible from the event but they need to deal with the fallout from yet another poor streaming experience the other night.

7 hours ago, RiG said:

Milking fans (of both sides) for as much as they can whilst ignoring supporters comments about the poor quality of the match day stream is definitely going to go down well.

Totally agree. Just adding fuel to the growing view that we are only useful when handing over our cash. 

They seem to be ignoring the growing anger from supporters re the streaming issues. It needs addressed and quickly before more damage is done. 

Edited by old caley girl
  • Agree 3

I’ve reflected on this, and as Scotty has highlighted and the other programmes on the website show, Hearts have used this company for a number of match programmes during lockdown.

Given this match has captured the imagination and support of Hearts fans, it makes sense to have a programme and if we benefit financially from it, so much the better.

I’ve just bought one as a result. Note that the actual cost is £4.80 once shipping is added, rather than £3.

I agree that communication from the club needs to improve significantly. We do not even know if we have cracked the 10,000 barrier for virtual ticket sales.

However, we all knew that this season would be a financial battle, given we have been struggling financially for a couple of years even before the pandemic, and there have been signs the club is making an effort in some respects, with the virtual sponsorship and securing some new advertisers.

My ask is for regular updates from the Chairman and Chief Executive so fans are kept as informed as possible about developments and plans at the club. I am sure there is a lot going on behind the scenes but sadly we don’t know about much of it.

When the time comes, I will be renewing my season ticket and I’ve bought the PPV for this afternoon’s game as I love this club and yearn for more success supporting it in the future. 

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/19/2021 at 11:08 PM, old caley girl said:

Totally agree. Just adding fuel to the growing view that we are only useful when handing over our cash. 

They seem to be ignoring the growing anger from supporters re the streaming issues. It needs addressed and quickly before more damage is done. 

Not responding to anyone who is concerned about the issue does no good and damages the club's reputation not only with our own fans but more generally.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2021 at 11:55 AM, Robert said:

I’ve reflected on this, and as Scotty has highlighted and the other programmes on the website show, Hearts have used this company for a number of match programmes during lockdown.

Given this match has captured the imagination and support of Hearts fans, it makes sense to have a programme and if we benefit financially from it, so much the better.

I’ve just bought one as a result. Note that the actual cost is £4.80 once shipping is added, rather than £3.

I agree that communication from the club needs to improve significantly. We do not even know if we have cracked the 10,000 barrier for virtual ticket sales.

However, we all knew that this season would be a financial battle, given we have been struggling financially for a couple of years even before the pandemic, and there have been signs the club is making an effort in some respects, with the virtual sponsorship and securing some new advertisers.

My ask is for regular updates from the Chairman and Chief Executive so fans are kept as informed as possible about developments and plans at the club. I am sure there is a lot going on behind the scenes but sadly we don’t know about much of it.

When the time comes, I will be renewing my season ticket and I’ve bought the PPV for this afternoon’s game as I love this club and yearn for more success supporting it in the future. 

I agree. There are certainly very serious financial constraints but someone finding the time to sit down 2 or 3 times a week to respond to queries and concerns costs nothing and would restore a lot of the goodwill and support which the fans have demonstrated in abundance.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I appreciate that every penny is a prisoner right now but it now looks like this initiative will provide us with a windfall unexpected and not budgeted for in the region of £100,000

I wonder whether, in the circumstances  the club might want to consider donating a small portion of it, perhaps 10%, to maybe be split between a mental health charity in Inverness and a similar organisation in Edinburgh?

• Agree 1

I got my tickets yesterday, and letter, all signed by Robbo, and I have to say, in his current circumstances, I am rather in awe of the man, and a tad emotional about it too.

I hope he is getting the support he needs now and comes back when the time is right, because it's been such a difficult year.....it would be helpful if Hearts rolled over for us tomorrow as well, or at least share the points.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

6990 finally arrived in deepest darkest Midlothian this morning, just as well I hadn’t set off. Think I’m in section E beside @caley100 and @tm4tj.  I assume Robbo’s signature is printed on the ticket, I hope the poor soul didn’t sign them as well as the letters 😱

1 hour ago, Robert said:

11356 of us virtually there according to the announcement at the ground. 

Fantastic performance and all credit to the Hearts fan base who initiated this.

I wonder when we'll see them for sale on EBay?

I remember my wife and I managed to get tickets for the 2012 Olympics in London.  We could only get Diving and Water Polo  (on the same day I think).  A great experience, especially as we could get the train from our local station straight into London, one change onto the tube directly to Stratford, and into the complex.  Immediately afterwards I put our used tickets, (all 4 of them), on Ebay  and was amazed to see them snapped up for at least double what we paid for them.   So I immediately used the profits to buy tickets for the Paralympics (held at the same venue two or three weeks later) and we had another amazing day in the main athletics stadium watching the likes of Johnny Peacock win gold medals.  Happy days

I was down south in from 2008 until 2016 and in 2012 spent the summer working on the transport for the Olympics but never saw any events!

I got some nice anecdotes from drivers who had superstars on their buses: Usain Bolt had to run to catch his scheduled bus to one of his 100 metre rounds. Imagine if he had missed it!