tm4tj

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, ymip said:

Whilst I appreciate the team is lacking game time that was diabolical. Irrespective of games in hand we are in dire straits.

Compare and contrast tonight with the game in Dumfries back in December - night and day. 

Kai Kennedy and roddy starting the game was the difference in that game.

Has roddy fallen out with robbo or something for him to be on the bench?

We should not have lost that game, but we did.

4 points out of 18. That is why we are 9th, not the postponements.

We need to start converting some decent play into positive results or we are in trouble. Starting at Ayr on Saturday.

If we’d won tonight we’d have been 5th. What a difference a slack goal makes!

We've played worse than that and won.  I thought we had some decent build up play and put them under a lot of pressure, but too often we hadn't got the close control or inventiveness to create clear cut chances.  Then when we did shoot, the shooting was woeful. Maybe lacking a bit of confidence and match sharpness, but we don't have anybody who looks as though they could score goals on a regular basis and that's a worry.  

Pathetic. Same as always. We create very little, have plenty of rubbish shots from distance then take Todorov on and punt long aimless balls at him. Why not change tactics or tinker with the formation. Even when we make subs its usually like for like. We must be so easy to play against because we do the same thing every week. 

I'll give it the benefit of doubt and chalk that down to the lack of match practice recently.  Everything was just a bit flat.  If we're still seeing the same after the next 3 or 4 games then we're in a bit of trouble.

How the hell is Mr Robertson getting let off from the slack on here, he's as much to blame as the players themselves!!? 

It's totally unacceptable how far we've fallen, yes the players need to get their fingers out and start producing (it's as if they a) don't care or, b) are trying to get the manager sacked by not playing for him), but John picks the team and takes training and does team talks etc but nothing is working. 

I've said this since start of year, WE NEED a change before its to late, I know we ain't a sacking club but just now, needs must before we go down and lose more money!! 

1 hour ago, hislopsoffsideagain said:

And yet the club still chooses to pay for Pixellot instead of using skilled, experienced volunteers...even though they're filming the game anyway. Then they use the CaleyJagsTV highlights too, which just emphasizes the difference in quality. It is a really, really strange decision by the club.

Its not a new thing .... The club often seem to have had an issue listening to, acknowledging the capabilities of, or quality of service from, volunteers. Countless examples over the years of them going and doing something completely different, costing more money, because its 'professional' when they had a perfectly good or superior product in place already. The TV coverage is a prime example .. and there are plenty more.

Seems to be a couple of basic mindsets at play where it has to be a specific person's idea or its not getting any traction regardless of performance (the MyWay or Highway ideology) or it must cost an eye-opening amount to be any good - and still ends up sh*** anyway (the 'If its not expensive its crap' ideology).

AndyCAM does a great job and between various other folk around the club there are no shortage of characters who could provide a great commentary experience, yet we won't even consider it for some reason .... 

The stunning lack of creativity in this team was on full display tonight. We might have been missing players but so were QotS so I am not having that as an excuse. Storey and Mackay, whilst willing and hard working on the flanks did not create enough throughout the time they were on the pitch to have us in a more comfortable position. A good cross by Mackay in the first half which found Storey who saw his effort deflect over / wide was as good as it got. When MacGregor came on later on and popped up on the left side he was continuously looking to cut back in on his right and with no support down the left side he was easily nullified.  Keatings, despite a nice effort from a free kick in the second half, was largely anonymous and there was a huge gap between him as the 10 and the 6 and 8 at the base of the middle triangle. 

Defensively I thought we were mostly fine save for the moment that mattered. Grim defending and after that Queens sat back with 9 men behind the ball and challenged an insipid ICT, who had struggled to break them down for most of the game prior to the goal, to work their way through a superbly drilled defensive line. Needless to say it did not go well for us although Harper put in a nice ball for Toddy who probably should have scored.  Apart from that though...

For all our possession, as alluded to above, we did previous little with it and as such I cannot begrudge Queens the win. Maybe if we had created numerous great chances and Ferguson had pulled off a string of saves then I might feel aggrieved at being "robbed" but from the small number of really good chances we did have I cannot recall him being overly troubled.

The streaming though - josemourinho.jpg. From the mobile going off, to regularly getting ICT players wrong (I won't criticise him for not getting all the Queens players right as I wouldn't do much better in fairness), the garbage quality of the camera itself....it just reeks of doing stuff on the cheap as has been the case with us for some time now and, based on the reaction on social media, it's seeing a lot of fans turn on the club. They've had weeks to improve the offering. The camera used for highlights offers significantly better picture quality and has been tested for streaming yet it remains unused as the main match camera for seemingly no reason. 

Can't wait for the next tweet about setting a new attendance record in Inverness...

49 minutes ago, iwannabeadored said:

I think the commentator would do far better if he had a co-host and was at the game and not just watching the same camera we view from.

I think he would be as well staying at home and we could just watch it without!

Common theme.

Look comfortable and in control for large parts of the game. 

Inability to create clear cut chances.

Inability to score half chances we get.

Concede far too easily.

Positive me thinks there is a decent team there and it's down to a lack of match practice and sharpness due to the fragmented number of games over the last 2 months. I am hopeful it will click into place and we will hit a run of form and climb table.

Negative me thinks our central defence is worryingly soft, we have a lack of wingers to create anything, we have a lack of a goalscorer. We are in for a relegation battle or at best a low placed finish.

You can always turn the sound off. I kept it on, but in the second half it was getting tempting to turn the picture off.
It’s very rare that I shout at a screen but tonight I did, it was so frustrating to watch that pish.

Calling for Robbo's head will not fix things here and we can't afford it. I can't comment on the streaming as I've never bothered signing up. The feedback on the streaming was enough to put me off and I doubt my wi-fi would cope with it anyway...but that's another story.

This was always going to be a difficult game against the form team. They had 9 of their squad missing by the way (according to their Twitter feed) Yes we are devoid of match practice but I don't think that's an excuse. We lack a creative player(s), ideas, goalscorer and tactical awareness. Reading the comments about the game I can't see where our next win is coming from. Looking at our next three games I think we'd be lucky to get 3pts. 

As for the possession stats, they don't really tell the true story. I mean, you can keep the ball and play tippy tappy football for 90 mins for 100% possession but if you don't shoot on target you won't score. 

If it is a personal spat between the manager and the player(s) then it needs to be sorted pronto. It's a 'professional' football club not a local park outfit where you often get the 'I'm not picking him because he's a bell end' types. Time to grow up in the dressing room if that is the case here.

To be brutally honest I'm not overly concerned about where we are right now, as the only reason we're here is because of postponement after postponement. Like I said, we're still within a reach of the playoff spots, which hopefully will come soon...

Alternatively, I think we could focus our complaints elsewhere, i.e. the ICTFC Twitter, where what was for the longest time a family club, has become nothing more than a club that responds to only what they want to hear. Hearts fans (no offence) commenting they've got themselves a ticket get a like and a reply from the guy in charge of the Twitter, but any mention of the stream cocking up or anything else is met with radio silence. Enough complaints and cracks will start to show, and they'll have to release a statement regarding the stream and/or the commentator...

15 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Thought it was the smell of spring in the air...turns out it's the smell of relegation

There is no doubt that recent performances, including yesterday, have been disappointing and we have lost touch with the promotion race but I remain confident that we are good enough to avoid relegation.

However, that's not good enough. Robbo is the longest serving manager in the Championship and one of the longest in the whole SPFL.

Come the end of the season he will have been in post for 4 years and, more recently and has not improved our position. More recently, we seem to be going backwards if anything.

Robbo is a very decent person, he is working with increasingly limited resources. However, mid table mediocrity season after season with no cup success other than the caramel wafer, is not good enough.

If he can't turn things around and get us into a play off place by the end of the season then I am afraid he needs to go and someone else given an opportunity.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic