Robbo's interim - Neil McCann

iwannabeadored

4 hours ago, Jockdoonsouth said:

Well I don't know if you noticed but he has been working with Robbo for quite some time. He has experience at Elgin and Wick. Experience both good and bad is valid. Robbo has had successes and failures but look at the manager he is for us. He has the shared experience of Ryan and Charlie to draw upon. When you listen to him in interviews after games he is usually spot on in his assessment. I rate him and see his potential. Our club is great at bringing the best out of people who have been thrown on the scrap heap. We do it for players so why not for managerial staff? Or shall we say they are crap? Be all doom and gloom? Sometimes I think certain people on this forum want the club to fail because it suits their stupid 25 year old agenda's that they can't let go of.

Doesn't matter whether we rate him or not ... does he have his UEFA badges?

Club licensing requires the manager to have reached a certain level of licensing qualification and Neil McCann is licensed up to (the highest) UEFA PRO level which qualifies him to not only manage in the topflight of any country but also to be an international manager if that was his wish. I am not sure what badges Barry or Ryan have but if its UEFA B for example then they can't take charge of the club on a permanent or semi-permanent basis. An interim manager would be classed as semi-permanent due to there being no defined end date.   

• Like 1
  • Thank You 2

On 2/25/2021 at 4:13 PM, Naelifts said:

Fair dos all round. Prompt action/decent solution/great communication. Good luck all. Anyone grumbling about this needs to have a look at themselves in my opinion.

Some just seem to like to grumble no matter what the club does or doesn't do.

There has been legitimate cause for criticism, particularly with regard to communication which seems to be a perennial issue, but this was a welcome, swift and pragmatic decision which quickly solves a problem for which the decision makers at the club should be given due credit

• Agree 3

Neil McCann is taking a massive personal gamble and fair play to him for stepping in. Cannot be easy coming into manage a small established squad, some of whom he probably doesnt even rate. If it goes horribly wrong, his managerial reputation could take a right pasting.

Not that this is going to happen, pretty confident top four is achievable with the group of players he has to work with.

• Agree 2

There's a big old chat about the pros and cons of McCann in the latest episode of The Wyness Shuffle.

We also get the thoughts of Josh Meekings who played under McCann and Terrace Podcast Dee fan Garry Cocker.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Where's the im grabbing my coat and making a run for the hills before this goes completely to ****.

Is this the banter years in full swing now.......

I'm all for new coaches and ideas but none of this seems progressive and at best is just clutching at straws hooking anyone that is free, local and importantly acquainted with the current regime in the hope something works.

I'm assuming this a temporary position to help Neil while Robbo and Kells are away so I don't see this as a negative - anyone willing to chip in to help us get to the end of this season and keep us in the Championship is welcome.

• Agree 5

1 minute ago, CaleyCanary said:

I'm assuming this a temporary position to help Neil while Robbo and Kells are away so I don't see this as a negative - anyone willing to chip in to help us get to the end of this season and keep us in the Championship is welcome.

Charlie Christie? Once again the club have over looked him.

51 minutes ago, CaleyCanary said:

I agree. It refers to being for the time we are without Robbo and Kells. It gets our back room staff back to full strength, so I support the move. 

• Agree 3