Robbo's interim - Neil McCann

iwannabeadored

16 hours ago, the cat said:

Can only be a good appointment our strikes need all the coaching from someone as experienced  as BD 

Good evaluation Cat. I remember the days when you were between the sticks at Caley and Forres, keeping strikers at bay. A Kenny Mackenzie and "Romeo" student 😉

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

Our interim manager is on Sportscene this wknd as a pundit talking about some game in Glasgow...............

Patrick v Cove or Queen’s Park v Stranraer?

It is nice to see the BBC support the lower leagues...

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

Our interim manager is on Sportscene this wknd as a pundit talking about some game in Glasgow...............

That’s fair enough. It will not interfere with the preparations for Tuesday’s game as the players will be on a day off. 

11 minutes ago, Robert said:

That’s fair enough. It will not interfere with the preparations for Tuesday’s game as the players will be on a day off. 

Never said whether its 'fair enough' or otherwise - just advising for those who wish to see him on TV talking about football involving clubs from Scotlands largest provincial city where he may or may not mention ICT.

• Facepalm 1

23 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

It would be a welcomed return IMO,  like they did by showing the highlights of games from the 'lower' leagues during the period 2012-16.........

Remind me, was there any particular reason for this sudden interest in football outside the SPL (as was)?

Never said whether its 'fair enough' or otherwise - just advising for those who wish to see him on TV talking about football involving clubs from Scotlands largest provincial city where he may or may not mention ICT.

I was only voicing my opinion on it, not  implying anything about any opinion of it you have. 

Unsure if it is the smartest move with covid rules at present and we are all supposed to be keeping within bubbles.  Hope he doesn’t bring anything back to the squad. Fair enough if was working voluntarily for us (which I doubt) and needed the cash by working for bbc Scotland.

1 hour ago, iwannabeadored said:

Unsure if it is the smartest move with covid rules at present and we are all supposed to be keeping within bubbles.  Hope he doesn’t bring anything back to the squad. Fair enough if was working voluntarily for us (which I doubt) and needed the cash by working for bbc Scotland.

not our business whether he needs the cash or not. I've seen the day when we would relish our manager being a pundit on the box.

3 hours ago, iwannabeadored said:

Should probably get the Alloa and Arbroath players to drop their jobs as well actually. 

• Well Said 1

14 hours ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

Should probably get the Alloa and Arbroath players to drop their jobs as well actually. 

Fair point. just seems a bit of an unnecessary risk for 15 secs of fame, like BD last night. Hope the squad stay covid free and we don’t end up with another back log of fixtures.

On 3/20/2021 at 10:31 AM, iwannabeadored said:

Fair point. just seems a bit of an unnecessary risk for 15 secs of fame, like BD last night. Hope the squad stay covid free and we don’t end up with another back log of fixtures.

Work that cannot be done from home is perfectly permissible and so is travel to and from that place of work.

The man has done us a favour by stepping into the breach and, if the last week is anything to go by, is doing a decent job. Give him a break.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Work that cannot be done from home is perfectly permissible and so is travel to and from that place of work.

The man has done us a favour by stepping into the breach and, if the last week is anything to go by, is doing a decent job. Give him a break.

Can he no watch the game at home? He’ll no be at parkhead watching it in the flesh. Irish pundits on the rugby last night watching from home and managed fine.

28 minutes ago, iwannabeadored said:

Can he no watch the game at home? He’ll no be at parkhead watching it in the flesh. Irish pundits on the rugby last night watching from home and managed fine.

Why should he watch it from home. His employer will dictate where he watches from. Again, fek all to do with us so give the guy a break. From what I hear, his personality and knowledge is going down well so long may he continue his role with us.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...

Should he stay or should he go?

His stock will be higher now given what he has done here. 

Would he want to stay though, with all the considerations, stepping on Robbo's toes, cash, location, lack of budget, easier life as TV pundit? 

Interesting one.

1 hour ago, aaroncoganshogun said:

Should he stay or should he go?

His stock will be higher now given what he has done here. 

Would he want to stay though, with all the considerations, stepping on Robbo's toes, cash, location, lack of budget, easier life as TV pundit? 

Interesting one.

Dont know if he will stay or even get offer to stay but personally would love him to stick around. 

Neil and Billy seem to have brought a freshness to the club. Players seem fitter and motivated and looks like more modern systems now in place. Fingers crossed here. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

I think he is a man of integrity and will stick with the original plan/deal - can't see him stepping on Robbo's toes at all. A continuing cushy life as a TV pundit may be quite appealing but I'm sure he'd love a full time management opportunity somewhere. 

That said, if the situation with us changes and the opportunity arises, well you never know, a Neil and Billy double act feels quite appealing now...

Edited by CaleyCanary
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, CaleyCanary said:

I think he is a man of integrity and will stick with the original plan/deal - can't see him stepping on Robbo's toes at all. A continuing cushy life as a TV pundit may be quite appealing but I'm sure he'd love a full time management opportunity somewhere. 

That said, if the situation with us changes and the opportunity arises, well you never know, a Neil and Billy double act feels quite appealing now...

I agree with all of the above, and anticipate Robbo will have the final say on whether he returns or not.

If he decides not to and McCann is up for it, I will have no complaints.

We need to remember Kells’ situation too. 

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

I think there will be things happening within the club regarding the management team and as an employer the club has done the right thing supporting Robbo and Scott who both have had serious problems in the past year.  The directors will have to move forward with a plan and in-keeping with contracts will have to make a decision on the way forward for our club to ensure we can start the next season to push for promotion.

• Agree 1

I reckon we will find a bit more information out regarding the management and contract extension offers etc at the start of next week once we have finished the season. 

I also don't anticipate having to wait too long regarding management as our season starts again in July (league cup), I still have a gut feeling that JR may resign but I'm not always right (I'm famous up at Thurso Golf Club and got the nickname "squid" because I got every single prediction wrong at the 2016 world cup lol). 

I posted in the squad update thread that I believe we have the necleus of a decent squad and also posted my thoughts on who will stay and go etc so I won't post that here too.

• Like 1