Robbo's interim - Neil McCann

iwannabeadored

1 hour ago, CaleyTennis said:

because I got every single prediction wrong at the 2016 world cup lol). 

Don't worry, you are not alone.:cry:

I don't think JR will return as our manager. I wish him well of course but I feel he will want to step away from the pressures of management. Lots of things for the board to sort out in an effort to get a settled management team in place for 2021/22. I also think that Neil will not take the job on should JR not return. As mentioned above, money and location would probably make his mind up for him. It's going to be an interested close season.

51 minutes ago, Gringo said:

I don't think JR will return as our manager. I wish him well of course but I feel he will want to step away from the pressures of management. Lots of things for the board to sort out in an effort to get a settled management team in place for 2021/22. I also think that Neil will not take the job on should JR not return. As mentioned above, money and location would probably make his mind up for him. It's going to be an interested close season.

The bit I have bolded is interesting 😯. I do understand your reasoning though and also believe may be right regarding Neil McCann not wanting it, though I do think that Scot Gardiner and Ross Morrison would try their damn hardest to get him to change his mind and take ovwr over the hotseat, but probably to no avail.

if that were the case then I would be inclined to want us to go for a younger manager ( I am not alone, I read another poster on another thread saying exactly the same) looking to make their first foray into management, however I can't think of any specific candidate(s).

I would be certain that the usual names would be bandied about: Paul Sheerin, Maurice Malpas, Martin Canning, Stuart Kettlewell etc by media/newspaper journalists.

Hey its good to know I'm n ot alone lol, this prediction malarkey isn't easy though :L.

• Agree 2

Not sure if I would put my money on Yogi or not (assuming Robbo leaves and Neil doesn't want the job)...on one hand he's a legend at the club and has shown he's can do things that nobody could have foreseen, but on the other he's had (just about) back to back relegations with two different clubs...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Not sure if I would put my money on Yogi or not (assuming Robbo leaves and Neil doesn't want the job)...on one hand he's a legend at the club and has shown he's can do things that nobody could have foreseen, but on the other he's had (just about) back to back relegations with two different clubs...

Yogi?  Where did that come from? 

Thought I'd jumped into a Delorean and woke up in 2015 😆

3 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

John Hughes is the very last person I would want managing my club.

Thankfully, there is no prospect of it happening.

• Agree 3
  • Well Said 1

4 hours ago, aaroncoganshogun said:

Yogi?  Where did that come from? 

Thought I'd jumped into a Delorean and woke up in 2015 😆

Was a suggestion for if Robbo leaves and Neil doesn't want to take over. He's likely to be sacked by Uncle Roy come the end of the season anyway, and the we will probably take him back on board thinking he can take us to glory again.

Was simply throwing my hat in the ring with a possible contender, and wasn't suggesting we sign him right now this second.

A (soon to be, potentially) managerless club and a managerial legend for the same club, would be too good to turn down in the eyes of the board...

• Disagree 1

On 4/28/2021 at 6:57 AM, Gringo said:

It seems that our gut feeling may be wrong but I suppose we won't know for definite until its official.  According to Neil McCann in both the Courier and Press and Journal, JR will return, but he hasn't heard that from John himself I don't think. He did say that he has saw him and he's "looking well" which is a positive :).