ICT -V- Hearts - Preview & Matchday

tm4tj

Decent performance and decent point.  2md half was a non event but we should view that as a point gained.  Pretty ballsy line up and subs by Mccann with 4 forwards on the pitch so I can't fault that.  There will be easier games to come so time to get up the table.  We need to start turning draws into wins though.

• Agree 2

Well that was my first sight of ICT this season. So nice to see the Dump again. Point was a bonus against a stronger Hearts team. BBC commentary came from BBC Gorgie. Great comeback from McCann after the game. All strength to him and hope that the point gives Robbo a wee boost. As I said before let ICT climb up the Championship, get this damn season over and done with, keep us all safe and enjoy the terrace craic and camaraderie next season.

• Like 5
  • Agree 2

I'm a lot happier with that point than Tuesday's one. If we'd had more penetration going forward and sharpness in front of goal we might have sneaked a winner. 3 points at Dundee in midweek will make things rosier.

• Like 2

Interesting switch up of formation by McCann who seemed to go with some kind of 4-1-3-2 or 4-4-2 diamond and it caught Hearts out for the first half hour or so but over time we seemed to become more and more cautious and became slower at moving the ball. Little support from either Duffy or Harper down the side which was perhaps down to McCann wanting to keep it tight at the back and it worked as Hearts weren't in it for most of the first half.

Good ball over the top from Keatings and excellent pace and strength b Storey to bench press that Jambo jobber to the floor and smash it past Gordon. Sloppy defending for the equaliser. Offside claims or not you cannot leave Boyce completely unmarked less than 6 yards out. Very poor to have three defenders all sucked towards the ball.

Second half was very niggly and due to the number of fouls no one could get any momentum going. Any time we did get a chance to launch an attack we were crowded out or the attempts at crosses were barely lifted off the ground. Some pretty iffy defending and keeping towards the end made things pretty nervous.

Walsh was atrocious. Whilst I am not sure about the second penalty claim for Carson the first was a clear spot kick as Carson was blatantly impeded. Leanne Crichton tried to excuse it saying Carson wouldn't get the ball anyway which seems a bizarre made up rule. The Kingsley challenge on MacGregor (I think) could easily have been a red as well. The only reason I think Walsh didn't show a red was because of his two overturned red cards from the other week.

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, Yngwie said:

Very satisfactory end to a turbulent week at ICT

Yes it is and I am pleased with the way the club has communicated with the fans in an open and honest manner :clapping:

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Thinking back to our infamous relegation season when Boyce scored 10 against us in 4 games and, along with Foran of course, played a big part in our demise, does anyone know how many times he has played against us and how many goals he has scored in those games?

Yep, I'd say a draw was fair too and it's a very good point, in fact it could be crucial in the cont of the league. 

Danny Devine was good tonight and probably was worthy of his man of the match award, I really don't get the stick he gets from ICT fans! 

The only worry I have is, we miss a goal who can get us up the table, if that was Boyce etc that had the chance Shane had at 1-0, it would have been a goal. 

I agree with a post from page one of this thread, I would also be happy if Neil were to be appointed full time (hopefully not though but I'd certainly like him as a future manager), he likes to play good football (or was this the style that JR plays too) and, imho he got the starting line up correct tonight so all in all, despite it being only a point tonight, I'm happy, and as you all know you well, I'm hard to please 😛

:ictscarf:

Quite enjoyed that. Balance of play I suppose Hearts might have won it on points but hey, it was a good end to a week of turmoil. I hope Robbo and Scott have taken some comfort from this result and performance. ICT are in good hands just now boys.

Even though I was watching on the box it was as if I was there. During the day I'd been building up to the game by posting updates on Facebook of my virtual trip up from Coventry 0 on the motorcycle. I left home at 0800 and got to the stadium around 1720. One or two thought I was actually travelling and they pointed out that I shouldn't be travelling from England to Scotland due to it being non essential travel and dear Nicola said it's against the law :rotflmao:

Anyway. I though we played well and deserved the point. The ref was whistle happy and stopped the flow of the game. Craig Gordon needs to grow a pair after his spat with Carson. And there really should have been an early red for whatshisface of Hearts. 

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

Ayr United 0-1 Arbroath

Morton 2-2 Dundee

Queen of the South 1-0 Dunfermline

Raith Rovers 3-1 Alloa Athletic

SPFL Championship League Table
    Pld W D L F A +/- Pts
1. Hearts 18 12 3 3 44 20 24 39
2. Raith Rovers 16 8 3 5 32 24 8 27
3. Dunfermline 17 7 6 4 26 19 7 27
4. Queen of the South 18 7 3 8 26 35 -9 24
5. Dundee 15 5 6 4 28 29 -1 21
6. Arbroath 18 5 6 7 15 20 -5 21
7. Inverness CT 15 4 7 4 23 19 4 19
8. Morton 17 4 7 6 16 22 -6 19
9. Ayr United 16 4 5 7 20 21 -1 17
10. Alloa Athletic 18 3 4 11 20 41 -21 13
  • Like 1

We did well agianst a strong side...first 25minutes most impressive

I was impressed with Duffy, and the entire back line, good to see Danny D get BBC's MOTM. Carson looked pretty busy, and Sorey had a good game

We did miss someone like Kennedy or a properly fit Doran though.

• Agree 3

• tm4tj unpinned this topic