Scottish Cup

Kingsmills

Wonder if there's any (albeit extremely small) chance that the Tier System will be reintroduced by the time the Buckie game goes ahead, and fans can return in small numbers, which could also mean there might be a very small amount of fans at the derby game too. What's the Tier 1 requirements this time? We were (If I remember right) at about 24 cases per 100,000 people, before Boxing Day.

Edited by Jack Waddington
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Wonder if there's any (albeit extremely small) chance that the Tier System will be reintroduced by the time the Buckie game goes ahead, and fans can return in small numbers, which could also mean there might be a very small amount of fans at the derby game too. What's the Tier 1 requirements this time? We were (If I remember right) at about 24 cases per 100,000 people, before Boxing Day.

In a word, no.

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1

Sad to say, but I think Buckie Thistle knocking us out of Scottish Cup would be better than facing an improving Ross County in the next round. 

Never been so disillusioned with ICT

Disastrous from the first whistle these days. 

Buckie will be well up for this cup tie exactly the same as we would have been back in our HL games. Taking on a higher placed team who are out form is on ideal chance to cause an upset.  At this point in time I wouldn't relish an away tie in Dingwall if I'm honest.

• Agree 1

Given the HL has been suspended and no game time, it'll really make a statement for the season and our attitude and capability if a bunch of part timers who have hardly had a chance to train or play together rock up out of the wilderness and punt us out of the cup (nothing against Buckie and I'm sure they will be motivated but given the circumstances this season more than any other we should be closing this out)!!!

• Agree 1

Yes, their lack of match fitness and game time could be an issue for them. On the other hand our heavy schedule leading up to this game will not do us any favours either I don't think. Back to back games against Raith Rovers and then Pars away all in 12 days leading up to this tie. Injuries, managerial turmoil, lack of confidence within the team give me concern that this banana skin is bigger than we think.

Maybe but we should consider defining game of our season IMO. Win and hopefully get a much needed confidence boost and a few goals that coupled with the chance to play local rivals might up the mood and allow to kick on. Loose and I think it'll show heads gone, morale done and confirms direction we are heading.

1 hour ago, tm4tj said:

The Scottish Cup is the least of our worries.

7 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Maybe but we should consider defining game of our season IMO. Win and hopefully get a much needed confidence boost and a few goals that coupled with the chance to play local rivals might up the mood and allow to kick on. Loose and I think it'll show heads gone, morale done and confirms direction we are heading.

Normally the Scottish Cup would be a nice little earner for the club if we had a run but not the case just now. 

On 3/10/2021 at 11:35 AM, IBM said:

Normally the Scottish Cup would be a nice little earner for the club if we had a run but not the case just now. 

Still potentially a decent amount to be earned from sponsors, TV rights and live streaming.

Right now, every penny counts and the confidence gained from a cup run could be priceless if it translates into league form.

Given the recent run of fixtures, we’re surely gonna have to rest some players for this tie and give some youngsters and fringe players more of a chance than they’ve had. Increases the risk of an embarrassing upset, but if you can’t rest some of the tired first teamers for this game then when can you?

7 hours ago, Satan said:

Balance that benefits of a cup run against having a patchwork team, some of whom can't train properly due to injury/fatigue...are the cup games played to a finish on the night?

Yes, no replays this season.