Alloa Athletic -V- Inverness CT - Preview & Matchday

tm4tj

At the Crossroads

With our season gradually disintegrating, we head to Recreation Park Alloa to face The Wasps @ the Indodrill Stadium. It's a 3:00pm kick-off on Saturday with both sides lingering at the wrong end of the table, games in hand or not. 

Our games in hand are dwindling away and there's little improvement in our league position. Four wins from sixteen games is not the form of a team challenging for a play-off slot to the premiership.

This is now a crucial game in our season which is at the crossroads. Which way do we turn?

Crossroads

We have found Alloa difficult to beat recently with no wins in our last four meetings, such is the demise of our club. Financial constraints have seen us unable to attract the quality of player required at this level to sustain a challenge at the top end of the table and we are having to blood youngsters in the Championship. The latest jumping ship is James Keatings who has reportedly signed a pre-contract agreement with Raith Rovers. With little leadership on the park, it's difficult to get any consistency and Premiership football looks unlikely with the prospects of league 1 closer to the mark. It's a tough league to get out of at the right end and there's a fine line between challenging at the top to falling into a relegation battle and that is something we have to get used to pretty quick. We have eleven games left to save our season, which way will we turn?

Last 10 Competitive Meetings
draw.png
2 - 2
(H)
loss.png
1 - 2
(A)
loss.png
0 - 2
(A)
draw.png
1 - 1
(H)
win.png
3 - 2
(A)
win.png
2 - 0
(A)
draw.png
2 - 2
(H)
win.png
3 - 0
(H)
win.png
2 - 1
(A)
win.png
3 - 2
(H)
    Pld W D L F A +/- Pts
1. Hearts 18 12 3 3 44 20 24 39
2. Raith Rovers 16 8 3 5 32 24 8 27
3. Dunfermline 17 7 6 4 26 19 7 27
4. Dundee 16 6 6 4 30 30 0 24
5. Queen of the South 18 7 3 8 26 35 -9 24
6. Arbroath 18 5 6 7 15 20 -5 21
7. Inverness CT 16 4 7 5 24 21 3 19
8. Morton 17 4 7 6 16 22 -6 19
9. Ayr United 16 4 5 7 20 21 -1 17
10. Alloa Athletic 18 3 4 11 20 41 -21 13

Club needs you.png

All Championship games this weekend

Raith v Dundee - Postponed - Covid

Alloa v Inverness CT

Arbroath v Queen of the South

Hearts v Dundee

Morton v Ayr United

Only eleven games left and we need to start picking up points starting with Alloa away at the weekend, so get behind the guys, for better or for worse.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

OFFICIAL PREVIEW

PPV STREAMING £12 FROM ALLOA TV

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Neil McCann pre-match with Alloa...

***Latest Team News***

Anthony McDonald has had an operation on his knee and with only a dozen games left in this season, it is unlikely we will see much, if anything at all from him this campaign. Roddy MacGregor is doubtful after the clattering he took against Hearts from Kingsley. The rest are back in training and will be needed as soon as they are ready for action before our season is beyond repair. It looks as though the best we can do this year is survive and get the youngsters some valuable game time ready for next season. This is not a drill!

Alloa will make it difficult and for the first time ever we will probably be regarded as underdogs in this fixture. Their mix of experience, young loanees and dogged journeymen have been good enough to hold the Indian sign over us recently and I see little evidence that will change this weekend. Loan signing Innes Cameron seems to be prospering with game time and Innes Murray likes a free kick, both scoring against us in the last couple of meetings. 

Here's a wee reminder that not all left feet are just for standing on....

View full article

• Like 1
  • Well Said 1

31 minutes ago, Robert said:

A positive thought. We have a 100% record in Saturday games in 2021.

Your glass is full tonight Robert :lol: However I am hoping for a win as I am sure we all are :smile:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, IBM said:

Your glass is full tonight Robert :lol: However I am hoping for a win as I am sure we all are :smile:

I can assure you, several glasses have been emptied!!

• Funny 2

6 hours ago, IBM said:

Yes, very much hoping for a win but my confidence is low. Only the players on the pitch can put that right. Only one point separates the teams over the last six games. This is going to be a very nervous afternoon. :crazy: 

• Agree 2

We have already been stung by the Wasps twice this season.

If we are to harbour any lingering Hopes of a play off place we can't afford to let it happen again.

Anything less than 3 points would be a near fatal blow to those ambitions.

• Agree 5

Anyone tried to buy the livestream? I have had issues on the website and, whilst I have paid £12, I am not confident everything has worked. I won’t know until closer to kick off. They have changed supplier since our game with them in December.

Just now, Robert said:

Anyone tried to buy the livestream? I have had issues on the website and, whilst I have paid £12, I am not confident everything has worked. I won’t know until closer to kick off. They have changed supplier since our game with them in December.

Looks OK to me Robert. Had to re-register but looks like I'm on the right screen for when it starts.

Thanks. Just fired the stream up and all good. I never got an e-mail when I asked for a new password, so registered with a different w-mail address. Got the PayPal receipt but nothing from Alloa. Anyway, all good and here’s to three points.

Interesting starting line up:

Ridgers

Duffy B Mckay Deas Harper

Welsh Carson

Sutherland MacGregor Storey

Todorov

Subs are C MacKay, Toshney, Devine, Vincent, Allardice, D Mackay and Keatings

Devine got a knock on Tuesday so that may be why he is on the bench. Good to see MacGregor back. Toddy up front I assume with Sutherland and Storey wide.

Would still like to see how Carson and Allardice pair up in the middle. 

Edited by Robert

17 minutes ago, Robert said:

It's the same company - Scottish Football Online - that does Dunfermline and QoS, and they say that Alloa have been with them since March last year.  (I missed the December game.) 

I used my login details from Dunfermline's Pars TV.  And you should have had an email receipt for your payment and confirming your access.

Live pictures now.

15 minutes ago, Robert said:

Thanks. Just fired the stream up and all good. I never got an e-mail when I asked for a new password, so registered with a different w-mail address. Got the PayPal receipt but nothing from Alloa. 

Ditto

Looks like 4 4 2 with MacGregor and Storey in wide midfield roles.

If we are going to play it out from the back we need to pass better than we have so far.

Looks like Alloa will press us like Dundee did so hopefully we can keep the ball today. 

Edited by Robert

Nice comments from the Alloa commentators about the last Wyness Shuffle.

Heart in mouth moment there in box but Alloa player booked for a dive.

Best from us the shot from Carson after good play by MacGregor but held by keeper at second attempt. 

Edited by Robert

1 minute ago, CaleyCiuin said:

Again....... a goal down to the team at the bottom of the table. What is going wrong here !

Shocking defending.  3 of them, tracking back, all followed the ball out to the right leaving Cameron in an ocean of space when the ball was crossed towards him.

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic