Alloa Athletic -V- Inverness CT - Preview & Matchday

tm4tj

Penalty claim turned down. Sutherland played MacGregor in and he went down. Would have been soft.

Looking more promising in the second half. 

Edited by Robert

Just not good enough. Surely we deserve better than that. Five league games so far this season against part time teams with, even in these strange and constrained times, far fewer resources than us and we have one solitary victory to show for it.

Our players may not be the best paid in the land, or even the division, but they have the advantage and privilege of being, still relatively well remunerated, full time professional athletes with the advantage of full time training and coaching.

This season they have let themselves down, they have let the club giving them the opportunity to play full time down and, most sadly of all, they continue to let the fans down.

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

Full time.

Probanly a fair result. Alloa had the best of the first half, we looked more likely after the break.

A few good saves by Ridgers but credit Devine for keeping Cameron quiet after he came on.

I’m not sure about McCann’s tactics. A few times it looked like Ridgers’ instinct was to go long but he held back and played it short. If we are going to continue with that approach, we need to keep the ball better and give players options for passes.

We need to win on Tuesday against Morton now after today’s results. 

Edited by Robert

3 minutes ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Has anyone any idea what the red card was for?

From BBC Alan Trouten (Alloa Athletic) is shown the red card for violent conduct.

1 minute ago, IBM said:

From BBC Alan Trouten (Alloa Athletic) is shown the red card for violent conduct.

Must have been something off the ball. Looked like the linesman saw something as he had to tell the red where the feee kick should be taken. 

Better second half but still underwhelming, a bit embarrassing really shelling it up to Shane.
Also really annoying how they always go back to Ridgers even when there's a spare man. He's a decent shot stopper but inevitably his distribution is poor so it's just squandering possession. Have to say Alloa very rarely resorted to the long hoof, far less nervous looking in their own box than us.

11 minutes ago, Robert said:

I’m not sure about McCann’s tactics. A few times it looked like Ridgers’ instinct was to go long but he held back and played it short.

I would much prefer him to pass it out to someone than to hoof it aimlessly down the park, when we invariably lose it or it goes straight through to the other keeper.

Having said that, today was the worst performance I can remember seeing by Ridgers.  Good saves, yes, but, as you said, poor distribution.  It was almost as though his mind was elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, Satan said:

One win in eleven.

Ayr,Morton & ourselves for that playoff place.

I think Arbroath will be right back in there. Although you could argue that they faced a QoS team today who seem to have found some sort of miracle.

9 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

I would much prefer him to pass it out to someone than to hoof it aimlessly down the park, when we invariably lose it or it goes straight through to the other keeper.

Having said that, today was the worst performance I can remember seeing by Ridgers.  Good saves, yes, but, as you said, poor distribution.  It was almost as though his mind was elsewhere.

I don’t disagree but there were occasions quick distribution would have been effective or we just needed to clear our lines, but we dithered at the back, struggled to get up the park and lost the ball anyway.

Both Dundee and Alloa have pressed us hard early on and other teams will see we struggle when our under pressure. We either need to find a way of keeping the ball when playing it out, or mix things up more.

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic