The Rangers

Kingsmills

Kingsmills iv been waiting for this day for a long time .you disguise yourself as a ict man but everybody on this forum knows fine well where your bitter allegiance lies and yet again your the 1st to comment on a magnificent achievement I hope you are suffering along with all your other mates from that celtic hovel the Glenalbyn bar . Glasgow Rangers Champions 55 titles & still going strong but if you want to use the 1st title nonsense as a wee comfort blanket then that's all good but you no what GIRFUY Kingsmills you lord it up on here thinking you are some sort of super fan well I hope your hurting today along with the rest if your manky support from the green & grey . (Ps I fully expect a ban before you reply as that's the sort of guy you are)  But beautiful Sunday enjoy your day fella.

4 hours ago, fox83 said:

Kingsmills iv been waiting for this day for a long time .you disguise yourself as a ict man but everybody on this forum knows fine well where your bitter allegiance lies and yet again your the 1st to comment on a magnificent achievement I hope you are suffering along with all your other mates from that celtic hovel the Glenalbyn bar . Glasgow Rangers Champions 55 titles & still going strong but if you want to use the 1st title nonsense as a wee comfort blanket then that's all good but you no what GIRFUY Kingsmills you lord it up on here thinking you are some sort of super fan well I hope your hurting today along with the rest if your manky support from the green & grey . (Ps I fully expect a ban before you reply as that's the sort of guy you are)  But beautiful Sunday enjoy your day fella.

Not that it is any of your business but I did once support one of the Old Firm teams. That team was Glasgow Rangers who I formed an attachment for in the primary school playground in the late 1960s when, with the Highlands having no senior clubs, it was almost de rigueur to support either Celtic or Rangers and I opted for the latter as the underdogs at a time when Celtic were dominating both domestically and in Europe.

It took me maybe five years to come to my senses when I came to appreciate the vile baggage with openly accompanied the club then and,only slightly more discreetly still does now. Since then the only Scottish clubs I have supported are Inverness Thistle then subsequently and now ICT although I do have a soft spot for Clach who were my late Dad's team.

Your assumption that in posting something you perceive to be critical of the team you follow follow I must be a supporter of your principal rivals is typical of the paranoia infesting many supporters and some officials of both main Glasgow clubs and is one of the many reasons why Scottish football would be better without either.

As a footnote, are you prepared to acknowledge that the conduct of the red, white and blue hoards in congregating in such numbers without social distancing in the part of the country that still has the highest infection rate in the country is outrageous and disgraceful as is, as far as I can see, the failure of anyone connected to the club to condemn it in the strongest of terms and call for it to stop?

• Thank You 1

I'd like to state that anyone breaking rules is wrong ,however weather it was Rangers ,Aberdeen or hearts this would have happened.  Infact While we are at it  Kingsmills where were you when the parkhead hoards were chasing the team buses down London Road? Or chucking sharks at police officers? Or better stil BLM marches?  I never heard you criticise your fellow fans ! but before I go further I'd like to state I am an original shareholder in ICT probably invested more in one investment than you have in 10 years so I am fully entitled to my say on this forum . But look at your history ! Every new comment on "the Rangers" is from yourself ( I advise lookers in to look at his history) you are Rangers daft mate & you speak like a true sevco holic, I'd imagine the night celtic were atrocious you were gutted mate 👍😉 you have your hangers on on this forum but I know what you are . You are nothing but a bitter ex thistle man begging for past glories like thistle you will always be on the blue side of towns shadow.all the best fella oh & one more thing !!!! Uefa ,SFA ,FIFA , ALL state Rangers are the same club so you can spout your nonsense all you want but I hope you enjoy speaking into the  mirror you maddy  ....remember the best teams play in Blue 🇬🇧

• 2 weeks later...

On 3/7/2021 at 10:22 PM, fox83 said:

Or chucking sharks at police officers?

Any videos, would be (potentially even) better than even watching Caley fans pulling players down in the box at Hampden!!!! Glasgow = Smiles better and all that

In the interest of balance  I read that Celtic players will not be forming the conventional guard of honour to applaud the league winners on to the pitch.

Having been critical of the blue side of Glasgow, I think it's only right that I say that that shows the other mob in a very poor light indeed. Utterly devoid of any sort of class.

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

Back to the Rangers' behaviour, or rather alleged behaviour.  Following their exit from Europe at the hands of Slavia Prague, the Czech side have made the extraordinary allegation that one of their players was the victim of a "brutal attack" at Ibrox.  They claim cameras were covered over prior to the attack which was witnessed by various people including Gerrard and UEFA officials!  If true, goodness knows what sanction might be taken against them.  If not true and the UEFA officials named deny they witnessed such an attack, then presumably Slavia Prague would face pretty serious sanctions themselves.  No doubt we will be hearing more in the near future.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56464382

I just hope that fans of both clubs stay at home on Sunday.

Surely after recent events, and what seems to be a resulting increase in cases, the game should have been called off and a draw awarded.

I anticipate us seeing news coverage on Sunday of fans of both clubs at Celtic Park and Ibrox respectively, and in the centre of Glasgow, with the resulting likelihood of violence. 

Edited by Robert

I think the game should go ahead but with a very clear warning from the police that any violations of the Covid regulations will be dealt with seriously with people being fined, arrested or whatever it takes.  I don't see why the players should be stopped from playing by the idiot minority or why these idiots should cause the vast majority of law abiding fans should be denied the opportunity of watching the game safely in their own homes.  Too often these days, the law abiding majority are made to suffer for the antics of the idiotic or criminal few.  That needs to change.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...

The police, the public and politicians have rightly and vocally condemned the appalling scenes of 'celebration' witnessed in Glasgow yesterday.

As for a reaction from the club, the silence from Ibrox has been deafening.

• Agree 3

It's just a disgrace and I feel sorry for the decent folk in Glasgow that had to keep clear of the city centre yesterday. I am not surprised that the club has not responded!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Two more days have passed and still not a word of condemnation from the club.

The club knew that something like this was planned. They ought to have warned in advance that anyone gathering would be banned from attending matches at Ibrox for at least ten years.

The very least they can do now is is to state that such a ban will apply to anyone identified by the authorities as taking part in the gathering with anyone identified as taking part in the violence being banned for life.

I have no doubt that there are decent Rangers fans and many of them but this was not a small minority. Between fifteen and twenty thousand selfish morans gathered in a city that has a spike in infection that could yet translate to the rest of the country and Prejudice us all.

There is a thread that stretches through Barcelona, via Manchester and now, twice this year in the middle of a global pandemic to a devastated George Square which has to be broken and only strong words and even stronger actions from the club can do so.

A contuing silence is just not good enough.

• Like 1

A number of colleagues of my neighbour were going down for the “party”. That is from just one workplace, so I’m sure a lot travelled from this area, selfishly risking not just their safety but the safety of us all.

With what’s going on in Moray just now, we are not immune from the pandemic in this area and, if anything, more at risk given we were less affected earlier so we have lower immunity levels.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IBM said:

Och Kingsmills you are just stirring it up 😜 The club has made a statement and it was just a small number of fans that were causing trouble 🤣

In fact, it seems just a single individual who it turns out wasn't a Rangers fan at all.

As usual, the BBC have distorted the coverage of this great institution and those who support it as a result of which the club are fully justified in continuing to block any coverage by the BBC for at least another decade.

• 11 months later...

Congratulations again to The Rangers in reaching a European final so early in their existence and overcoming many challenging opponents on route.

The fans of the predecessor club have twice utterly disgraced themselves and brought shame on Scottish football on similar occasions in Manchester, which many will remember, and Manchester which we will all remember but probably not as much or with such bitterness as the poor citizens of Manchester and Barcelona which some of us are sufficiently 'mature' to recall.

Please this time support your club with heart and soul rather than heart and (red) hand.

I would genuinely like to see the team return with the trophy and the fans return with reputation enhanced.

Well done again for some remarkable results and performances on the way.

Edited by Kingsmills

• 1 year later...

After the debacle of the farcical and rightly withdrawn Conference League proposal (as an aside I’m not aware that Caley Thistle ever stated their view on it), Rangers have spat the dummy out and withdrawn their colts from the Lowland League:

https://www.rangers.co.uk/Article/club-statement-scottish-lowland-football-league/6jLBPpT4G4BgTju0QQfL7X

9 hours ago, Robert said:

After the debacle of the farcical and rightly withdrawn Conference League proposal (as an aside I’m not aware that Caley Thistle ever stated their view on it), Rangers have spat the dummy out and withdrawn their colts from the Lowland League:

https://www.rangers.co.uk/Article/club-statement-scottish-lowland-football-league/6jLBPpT4G4BgTju0QQfL7X

Brilliant. Hope the others follow suit. IMHO Colts should never have been allowed in anyway. 

• Agree 2