New manager next season?

Caley_Daft

On 3/11/2021 at 8:46 PM, Brigadadoo said:

The question arises then, can a Gardiner be put on gardening leave. 

SOUNDS LIKE A SOUR GRAPES SITUATION. SCOTT WAS NOT LIKED BY A LOT OF DUNDEE SUPPORTERS, BUT I BELIEVE HE IS DOING A VERY GOOD JOB WITH US. AS OUR CHAIRMAN WHO IS A BUSINESSMAN WITH OTHER INTERESTS LIVES NEAR DUNDEE HE CANNOT BE ON BECK AND CALL 24HRS PER DAY.WE HAVE TO HAVE SOMEONE ON SITE EVERY DAY. I BELIEVE WE HAVE THE RIGHT MAN IN SCOTT. BRIGADOO IT'S TIME TO WAKE UP!

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, finmack said:

SOUNDS LIKE A SOUR GRAPES SITUATION. SCOTT WAS NOT LIKED BY A LOT OF DUNDEE SUPPORTERS, BUT I BELIEVE HE IS DOING A VERY GOOD JOB WITH US. AS OUR CHAIRMAN WHO IS A BUSINESSMAN WITH OTHER INTERESTS LIVES NEAR DUNDEE HE CANNOT BE ON BECK AND CALL 24HRS PER DAY.WE HAVE TO HAVE SOMEONE ON SITE EVERY DAY. I BELIEVE WE HAVE THE RIGHT MAN IN SCOTT. BRIGADOO IT'S TIME TO WAKE UP!

Personally, I dont think a chairman living so far away is the ideal business model for our club which seems to be in serious trouble. Good on site leadership on and off the park and behind the scenes is essential to give us every chance of survival. If our chief exec cant lead us out  of this mess then the board should be appointing someone who can. Strong leadership is what we need NOW.

On 3/9/2021 at 11:19 PM, CaleyTennis said:

It's a no from me because I want either Sheerin or Stewart Petrie as our next permanent manager whenever that time comes :).

Anyway, it's Mr Gardiner that needs to go, what is his title anyway and what does he do because its not chairman, that's Ross Morrison's job. 

Whatever his role, he has failed DRAMATICALLY because we are a mess, something that wasn't the case until he came in! 

Strange I remember the previous incumbents getting a bit of stick in regards to recruitment, finances, communication, contracts, etc

I am not sure what the mess is that we are in, the club is still going, despite a very difficult Covid related period, our finances seem relatively stable, if not bloated, considering various factors, not least our income stream from attendences being on a downward track, TV and sponsorship money must be tiny. Even though we have had to cut player budgets due to our Championship status, we finished 2nd last season, and with a small squad that is constantly prone to having players picked off by other clubs, have held our own this season (despite extensive injury problems).  I would argue that we have yet again assembled a nucleus of a decent squad (if we could find a high scoring forward, our fortunes might be more certain). The issues around our managerial team have been well dealt with IMHO.

Is everything perfect? I don't know, (perhaps not the TV streaming service) but I don't see a mess.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 3/17/2021 at 5:19 PM, bigman said:

As far as I am concerned he is our manager and will be until he decidede has had had enough

As I alluded to earlier in this thread, I don't think it's appropriate to make any decisions now or probably until much closer to the end of the season and I give great credit to Robbo for his loyalty to the club which should, to a large extent, be reciprocated by the club and that fans.

However, the future direction of the club is more important than one individual and I don't think it's correct to say that the current manager should automatically stay in place until he decides he has had enough.

Depending on what happens between now and the end of the season, remember we are not entirely out of the woods regarding potential relegation yet, there may well have to be a conversation about who we want to be the manager for next season and beyond and whether or not that person should continue to be John Robertson.