New manager next season?

Caley_Daft

Obviously with Neil McCann being a stop gap until next season imo, and with JR possibly taking a break from football, how would everyone feel with Derek Mcinnes coming in as manager next season? I feel as though he would be the perfect manager for a run at the play-offs (at the right end this time!) next season as he would make us defensively much more solid and harder to beat!

With Scot Gardiner as CEO I reckon there is a distinct possibility of this what with both of them having strong connections to Rangers maybe he could be convinced through their 'Masonic Brotherhood'. 

How would everyone feel about this? I for one would be delighted!

(please redirect this post if it isn't appropriate)

16 minutes ago, Caley_Daft said:

There is a possibility he may not be next season so I was just mentioning it! 

Yes, we all realise that.  But as of this moment, he is our manager, and the last thing he needs is speculation about his job.  He needs and deserves our unqualified support at this dark time.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Yes, we all realise that.  But as of this moment, he is our manager, and the last thing he needs is speculation about his job.  He needs and deserves our unqualified support at this dark time.

Doubt he’s on Caleythistle Online 

• Facepalm 2

It's a fair question. I'd be pretty happy with him actually should Robbo step back. I very much we could afford him though lest he was willing to take a big wage drop. 

• Agree 1

If he'd left Pittodrie a couple of weeks ago it might have been a reasonable approach to ask him to fill in as the temp for Robbo but we couldn't afford him and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't even consider it, McInnes will have his sights set far higher than us.

Moreover, I agree with Snorbens, he's our manager going through a hard time and he should be left alone to recover and get back to his old self again.

Edited by CaleyCanary
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, GoliathGrunt said:

Paul Sheerin or Barry Robson more of a possibility in the future.

Ed Sheerin please. His music is p##h but he's minted

PS - About as likely as Derek McInnes lol

If or when it comes to the time Robbo departs, I do think it will give opportunity to refresh somewhat throughout and get a mixture of new ideas in and personnel in line with the aspirations of the club. This would be tailored to our position at the time and future aspirations whether that be full or part time and if the focus will be youth or otherwise.

If hypothetically (for the purposes of debate) Robbo did take extended time out, there is every chance McCann would be offered the option to stay providing the next few wks aren't a complete disaster. Given the financial status of the club it 1) wouldn't be able looking to pay compensation for management and 2) anyone coming in would have to work within the pay structure of Robbo's salary or less.

Edited by bdu98196

It's a no from me because I want either Sheerin or Stewart Petrie as our next permanent manager whenever that time comes :).

Anyway, it's Mr Gardiner that needs to go, what is his title anyway and what does he do because its not chairman, that's Ross Morrison's job. 

Whatever his role, he has failed DRAMATICALLY because we are a mess, something that wasn't the case until he came in! 

• Funny 1
  • Facepalm 1

Don’t rate as it Gardiner at all - Stewart Petrie is a shout but not sure he could be lured out of part-time football as he has a pretty good job out with football. 

I think we are definitely at a massive disadvantage to a lot of other Championship teams in regards to our location which makes the clubs job much harder in every respect.

Sorry if this post offended anyone regarding Robbo, just wanted to start a conversation as I don’t see Neil McCann as a long term option if Robbo isn’t able to manage us long term. 

• Funny 1

On 3/9/2021 at 11:19 PM, CaleyTennis said:

Anyway, it's Mr Gardiner that needs to go, what is his title anyway and what does he do because its not chairman, that's Ross Morrison's job. 

Whatever his role, he has failed DRAMATICALLY because we are a mess, something that wasn't the case until he came in! 

The question arises then, can a Gardiner be put on gardening leave. 

• Funny 1