Honest assessment

CaleyTennis

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/allardice-caley-thistle-have-been-embarrassing-and-should-f-230963/

Here is an honest assessment of our "embarrassing" run of form this season, from Scott Allardice, it is worth reading.

i didn't know if I should post it in the Morton matchday thread so I thought I'd start a separate thread for discussion but feel free to move it to wherever :ictscarf:

Edited by CaleyTennis
Link to article
  • Like 1

The defeat against Morton wasn't a shock to me if I'm honest. I'd also given up on a play off place ages ago as our form wasn't (still isn't) good enough and certainly nowhere near SPL standards. In our current state I'd go as far as to say it being a blessing that we're not going up this season. We need to survive this season though but until we have a leader and creativeness on the field of play that is going to be a tough ask.

Duffy also criticising the team.

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/duffy-caley-thistle-fight-against-drop-is-all-players-fault-230964/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

As a friend has said talk is cheap. All well and good saying this stuff but it needs to show on the pitch for it to really mean anything.

Somewhat disappointing it's taken two freshmen in the team to issue these kinds of calls.

• Like 1

Reading these and watching the games it's blatantly obvious that we lack leadership on the park. That's not just about a captain who I think Ridgers is personality wise quite suited to but I'm not a fan of goalkeepers having that role as I don't think that they can affect the team past the defence. 

All the more senior players should be taking some responsibility here and leading by example but that's not happening on the pitch and apparently not in the dressing room either. Think many are just seeing their time out. I can't think of a stong leader on the park since Carl left.

Now is the time for unity and positive defiance in the dressing room but we're seeing the opposite. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Bin McCann and get Charlie Christie in. Rather have someone with previous experience, and someone who actually cares for the club, than some guy who's done absolutely nothing for anyone.

If the quotes in the papers were correct before Neil McCann came in said Charlie didn't want the job. 

This quote from the Duffy article is very worrying and must be angering the coaches.

"He made it clear at half time that we were just doing our own thing"

Thats the second time this season that this has been mentioned, there was something similar said by John Robertson, I think it was after QOS 1-0 defeat.  What's the point of managers/coaches giving instructions to the team if they just don't listen, does that suggest that they, as have been accuse of a few times in recent weeks, really don't care about the club or Robertson/Kellacher because if so, then we really will see a mass clear out in the summer,  of that I have ni doubt.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, IBM said:

If the quotes in the papers were correct before Neil McCann came in said Charlie didn't want the job. 

Charlie wasn't offered the job and if he was he would have stepped in to help.  Rumours of Charlie not wanting to help out are totally false.

• Thank You 1

18 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

then we really will see a mass clear out in the summer,  of that I have ni doubt.

Only if their contract are already expiring - or they get better offers and are told to go for free, we certainly wont be paying off players and giving compensation for terminations. And none are performing to the level where the board can use negative spin and bully boy tactics to move them on like Draper or Warren!!!!