Inverness CT -V- Raith Rovers - Preview

tm4tj

The draw is the fair result to be fair. Luck wasn't on our side tonight up front again. Still not enough though but can't doubt the work rate tonight. Mackay should have been subbed 20 mins before the end he was wrecked and hardly moved the last few mins 

1 minute ago, Balistic said:

Thought big Shane put in a good bit of graft. 

Need to keep that commitment going even when the TV cameras aren't there tho. 

Agreed on both. Sutherland doesn’t lose the ball and tries to get a pass away. Maybe the centre of the three off the striker is his best position. 

2 minutes ago, forresjags said:

Carson good,the rest for FFS ,devoid of any confidence.

What's with Keatings he's still a Caley player who pay his wages, no excuse for him not being involved tonight. 

Really start to worry now. Pretty threadbare squad.

We didn’t miss Keatings tonight in my opinion.

I think the rest grew in confidence after the first 20. 

1 minute ago, Robert said:

We didn’t miss Keatings tonight in my opinion.

I think the rest grew in confidence after the first 20. 

Keatings can jump on the Raith bus tonight as far as I am concerned. Don't need him. 

McCann came across well in his interview. Clear we are struggling for fit players and there is little training taking place.

Hopefully we have some back on Tuesday and get at least as good a performance and maybe even a win!

Really,  you think Keatings wouldnt have brought anything to the game tonight.

If he's not injured he should have been involved regardless who he has signed a pre contract with.

Will it be the same next week, FFS we can hardly afford to keep a good player on the bench.

John McGlynn’s Raith are a good side. We grew into the game I thought. Jittery for the first 20 but we were the better team in the second half although the last 10 were a bit fraught. Defended as if our lives depended on it apart from the opening 20.
Fitba is 80% between the lugs and we need a win to inspire confidence.
Carson is one of the few players to handle Kennedy this season. Dan Mackay doesn’t have the temperament to be a top player IMO though wide left may not be his best position. That’s twice in a week he’s been booked because he’s too lazy to track back and put in a proper challenge.
Looking for Ayr/Arbroath to lose tomorrow but yours truly predicted Arbroath to drop like a stone a few days ago and after tomorrow we’ll have a game in hand (again 😉). 

14 minutes ago, GoliathGrunt said:

Faith restored after seeing a great battling performance. 

Although it's going to be tough they need to play like that for the rest of the season one match is not enough.  

Good performance and probably should have scored at least one of the chances we had and took the points. Would have liked some players off the bench for the last 5-10 mins and maybe get the win. Let's hope for a similar performance Tuesday with us scoring...

4 minutes ago, jed5697 said:

On the Tuesday game will they go down Monday and stay overnight ? Raith stayed in Inverness last night and probably fresher for it.  

Do you know they stayed? Jack mentioned it but they could have travelled up today and used the hotel to relax. 

7 minutes ago, jed5697 said:

On the Tuesday game will they go down Monday and stay overnight ? Raith stayed in Inverness last night and probably fresher for it.  

I can tell you from experience that a night in Kirkcaldy makes nobody feel fresher.

Definitely can’t fault the effort. Draw was fair.  Raith are a better team than QOS and Morton. Unsure why Doran & Toshney can’t make the bench. I wouldn’t play keatings either. Would have given Hyde & Harkness last 2 mins as might need them. Don’t think D Mackay is fully fit either. Is there any free agents we can get to bolster the squad to help us??

• tm4tj unpinned this topic