Optimist or Pessimist

Kingsmills

Alloa play Dundee in the live TV match this evening.

Interesting to view it in the context of being an ICT fan. Are you a pessimist, worried about relegation, hoping that Alloa get beaten to create some more breathing space between us and them ?

Alternatively, are you an optimist, hoping for an Alloa victory, to enable us to close the gap on Dundee in the race for a play off place ?

Personally, whilst I am aware that there is still the possibility of getting sucked into the relegation fight if we are not careful, I find myself very firmly in the latter camp.

Not watching it but I see Dundee are now 2 up. It is very unlikely Alloa will catch us. I’m more keen to see Arbroath not getting too many points, and we have them up here next weekend.

If we can get a result tomorrow, we can be optimistic. Even if we don’t win, with the inconsistency of all the teams, we can still make progress.

I’m in the optimistic category!

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

Dundee and Dunfermline play each other next Saturday, with Raith Rovers playing Dunfermline the following midweek. Saturday’s game is an evening kick off so if, and as always with us it is a big iff, we beat Arbroath we will be ahead of Dundee before that game starts.

However, we’ve not won three consecutive league games this season....

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Dundee and Dunfermline play each other next Saturday, with Raith Rovers playing Dunfermline the following midweek. Saturday’s game is an evening kick off so if, and as always with us it is a big iff, we beat Arbroath we will be ahead of Dundee before that game starts.

However, we’ve not won three consecutive league games this season....

No we haven't but what better time to start.