Dunfermline -V- Inverness CT - Preview

tm4tj

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst relegation remains an arithmetical possibility and I am not usually in the least complacent, I think we can safely say that a team playing with this level of heart and commitment is not going down.

Time to stop glancing over our shoulders and start concentrating on reeling in those ahead of us.

What a difference in the last 3 games. We have outplayed the teams in 2nd and 3rd, kept 3 clean sheets, taken 7 points out of 9 (and it could have been 9), moved from 9th to 5th and are in touching distance of the right play offs.

It is noticeable we have changed back to our normal formation and are no longer trying to play it out from the back all the time.

Through this, we have been missing up to 6 players and playing with no natural full backs.

Ridgers has not been overly challenged in these games. Carson and Deas have been revelations at full back. The much maligned Mckay and Devine have been strong at the back.

Welsh is back to how we know he can play, with Allardice a good foil for him.

Sutherland has slotted into the “Keatings role”, with Toddy always a menace to defences.

Playing wide, Mackay and MacGregor are getting valuable game time and are both getting plenty chances on goal. As they gain experience, their finishing will improve.

Tuesday is a chance to give players a break. I would assume Cammy MacKay, Duffy, McHattie and Storey will all start, and if any of our injured players are close to fitness, they may be ready for game time. It will be good if some of Fyffe, Nicolson, Hyde and Harkness get some game time too.

Hopefully we have turned the corner, can forget about relegation worries and focus on getting into the promotion play offs.

A shout out to Carson in particular for scoring his first goal for us, and what a goal it was!

I’m sat here with a beer absolutely delighted but equally baffled as to how we get our 2 best results of the season after a dismal run (1 win in 13?) including some truly some abysmal performances, with the depleted squad getting increasingly fatigued. 🤷‍♂️

22 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

I’m sat here with a beer absolutely delighted but equally baffled as to how we get our 2 best results of the season after a dismal run (1 win in 13?) including some truly some abysmal performances, with the depleted squad getting increasingly fatigued. 🤷‍♂️

I believe the problem is in the training facilities,  access to suitable weather protected areas and conditioning. 

If we ever get back to the premier league we will be the team with the worst facilities. 

Our injury record shows it . 

The impact of the postponed games was catastrophic for the team fitness and sharpness also implying it. 

Its been called out in interviews by Polworth, Yogi and  Christie .

And we are now playing to our matchfit level again. 

We are the second best team in the league let down by some of the worst full time facilities? 

1 hour ago, Moogthurso said:

I believe the problem is in the training facilities,  access to suitable weather protected areas and conditioning. 

If we ever get back to the premier league we will be the team with the worst facilities. 

Our injury record shows it . 

The impact of the postponed games was catastrophic for the team fitness and sharpness also implying it. 

Its been called out in interviews by Polworth, Yogi and  Christie .

And we are now playing to our matchfit level again. 

We are the second best team in the league let down by some of the worst full time facilities? 

I take it the Highland Soccer Academy is no longer an option. Who actually funded it and why was it built where it was and not in a area where more would benefit.

Good result today,but still a sore one to think of the points we have dropped against the bottom club.

Interesting words from McCann, particularly about Duffy needing a rest. Be interesting to see if Carson continues at right back in the next league game or whether Duffy comes back in. With Carson’s energy, could he do well in the right hand position of the three behind the striker?

https://ictfc.com/match-reaction-neil-mccann-dafc-0-1-ictfc

• tm4tj unpinned this topic