Buckie Thistle -V- Inverness CT - Sc Cup - Preview - March 23rd

tm4tj

We got through and that’s all that matters. Fyffe and Nicolson got game time and looked ok to me.

Scoring in the first minute should have made it a formality but Buckie competed well and it was a good work out. Maybe we under rated them: if so, we nearly paid the penalty.

We need to focus on Saturday and getting three points.

On a light note, I grew to liking the partisan commentator.

And I wish Gringo well getting reliable corner and foul statistics. The BBC text is no guide on those, or on what happened for the first half goals!

Now we just need the BBC to pick the County game for tv.

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Well, that was as poor as I've seen us play, but a win is a win.  The conditions were a great leveller but Buckie showed far more desire than us across the park and more quality in the final third.  We will need to play far better to beat Arbroath on Saturday in what is a really important game if we want to keep clear of the relegation zone.

• Agree 1

Glad to hear we got through. I still never saw anything of the match just this image on my screen throughout the game despite setting up and paying 90 mins before kick off. I had decided to come back and look in on this game after recent results. Even more disgruntled than before now  but not with the team.

20210323_184822.jpg

Edited by Row S
  • Sad 1

• Thank You 1

11 hours ago, Row S said:

Glad to hear we got through. I still never saw anything of the match just this image on my screen throughout the game despite setting up and paying 90 mins before kick off. I had decided to come back and look in on this game after recent results. Even more disgruntled than before now  but not with the team.

20210323_184822.jpg

I assume you did try pressing the "Play" icon closer to kick off? There wouldn't have been anything to show at 6:47 pm.

57 minutes ago, Hearach said:

Apart from the fact that we won the commentator alone was worth the £10. Comedy gold.

I was in tears of laughter at the boy. 'Jings almechty' being my favourite. I loved the no nonsense approach to commentating he took and the complete disregard for the oppostion team, not in the slightest bit bothered by trying to be neutral. 

23 hours ago, WYNESS101 said:

GET IN....James Keatings

33 seconds that our quickest goal?

nope. 

According to "Milestones and Memories" the fastest goal was 31 seconds and it happened twice. Craig Dargo on 18/12/05 against Celtic and Dougie Imrie on 03/05/08 against Gretna.

12 hours ago, RiG said:

I assume you did try pressing the "Play" icon closer to kick off? There wouldn't have been anything to show at 6:47 pm.

Very funny. The first time I pressed the play icon was 7.45pm. Then I lost count of the number of times I refreshed and pressed play over in the next 45 minutes after that.

To add insult to injury I logged back on to the Buckie TV site tonight and was able to view the playback. This was before I was refunded by BTFC  but no explanation of what the problem was last night.

Edited by Row S

8 hours ago, tm4tj said:

Just for you Row S

Cheers. Not the same having missed the live action last night.

Is the camera position for the highlights on the opposite side of the pitch to the one used for the live stream, just like our system is to the CaleyJagsTV set up?

8 hours ago, Row S said:

Very funny. The first time I pressed the play icon was 7.45pm. Then I lost count of the number of times I refreshed and pressed play over in the next 45 minutes after that.

To add insult to injury I logged back on to the Buckie TV site tonight and was able to view the playback. This was before I was refunded by BTFC  but no explanation of what the problem was last night.

Who's being funny? I was being serious. You said "this is what I saw" and posted a screenshot clearly showing that the "play" option had not been selected. it's a perfectly valid question to ask given the circumstances.

Edited by RiG

• tm4tj unpinned this topic