Inverness CT -V- Arbroath - Preview - Matchday

tm4tj

Pity that Raith and QotS got wins today, but all we can do is keep winning our own matches.

That’s 1-0, 1-0, 1-0 in the last 3 and long may that continue even if it isn’t particularly exciting to watch.

Another good win for us. At this stage of the season I couldn't care less about performances. All that matters is grinding out 3 points. I'd gladly take scrappy 1 nil wins every game until the end of the season.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Gowans said:

Match centre wont even let me log in. The game is on hesgoal with no commentary though. 

You would have missed Andy Bannerman signing off then, when he said: "The final score here at the Caledonian Stadium in the SPFL Championship: Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0, Arbroath 1."

• Funny 4

This was a huge win for us today.  At the start of the season the number 1 objective must simply have been survival as a club and then maintaining our position in the Championship.  It has been a difficult season in so many ways, but this run of 10 points from 4 games means that a win away at Morton in the next league game should dispel any lingering concerns of relegation.  

We've looked pretty nervy at times in these last few games, but the hard graft has taken us to a position where we've really nothing to lose. It's been a great effort.  Time now to do our neighbours OTB a good turn and knock them out of the cup so that they can focus on their relegation battle. 

• Agree 6

1 hour ago, ilpadrino said:

You would have missed Andy Bannerman signing off then, when he said: "The final score here at the Caledonian Stadium in the SPFL Championship: Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0, Arbroath 1."

I'm sure he also said at one point that our away game at Morton is this coming Tuesday (30 Mar), when it is actually the following week, 6 Apr.

• Agree 2

I missed today’s livestream, the only one I’ve missed apart from the Hearts away game and the home game with Dundee as I was in the crowd that day.

I was driving from just before full time until Sportsound finished at 1800, and am disgusted with the BBC coverage. All we got was a few seconds of headlines around the news at 1700, then an interview with Neil McCann was broadcast at 1750 (he came across well and praised the guys for getting the win whilst dead on their feet after nine games in March), but absolutely no report on the game and no reference to us being fourth (at that time) after the good run. In fact, they gave the impression we were sixth as they listed us last of the teams on 30 points.

And why? They spent nearly an hour talking about Hearts and how they should sack their Manager. Well seeing there were no games in the top flight: it would hardly have rated a mention normally. They said they would have build up to tomorrow’s Scotland game, but that got two minutes at the very end.

Anyway, rant over, and credit the guys for grinding out a vital win. Whilst not mathematically safe, it would take a collapse and remarkable run of results to get us down to 9th, whilst we have a fighting chance of the top four. It won’t be easy, but we have momentum for probably the first time this season.

If we can get a result in Greenock, then what seemed unlikely just a few weeks ago may become possible.

Thanks for the comments on the match. It sounds that it was a pretty poor game but, as others have said, results are more important than performances. Earlier in the season we were drawing or losing when  we should have won, so it is good we are now able to win. Four clean sheets in the league is a great achievement.

The signing of Scott Allan is hopefully a sign that the Board have ambitions to see the club progress.

Well done to one and all involved!

Edited by Robert
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

I'm sure he also said at one point that our away game at Morton is this coming Tuesday (30 Mar), when it is actually the following week, 6 Apr.

He did because I checked after the game :lol:

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, ilpadrino said:

He also said at the start Falkirk is in Fife!!

• Funny 1

Ground out a really decent result against an Arbroath team that were very well organised and put us under lots of pressure all over the park. However aside from one header just before half time that needed a good save from Ridgers, and a hilarious scramble in the second half we weren't under much threat from them, and yet another clean sheet from a defence that had been getting some stick. Personally I think Devine is having a decent season, and Deas rarely lets us down. What a great goal from Toddy from a terrific free kick from Harper. Again Todorov is doing much better this season than I expected, and is being just a makeweight, the run of games has done him a world of good, and although he was less effective tioday, the way he got his goal is almost Harry Kane-like (steady on!). All the youngsters did well, Daniel Mackay is surprisingly strong, MacGregor went on some good runs and Harper solid again.

Securing Scott Allan in the morning, who I knew little about (but seems to have excited people) and seeing how he played, is a real bonus...full credit to the management team and Board for securing this loan, which could be crucial in the run in. Another sign for me that the club is better run than some people give credit for. Amazing to think that just two weeks or so ago we were really worried about a relegation scrap, now we are still in the hunt for a promotion play-off place....although probably it's a tall order, we would need to win 4 out of the last 5, including Dundee, although 3 wins and  draw might do it. If we fail, but we retain key players, next season looks promising

15 hours ago, ilpadrino said:

Yes that was hilarious...but on the whole I enjoyed the livestream, and using a pair of commentators works well for me....I know Andy Bannerman isn't everyones favourite, but he compares well to one of the main Sky EPL presenters (can't remember his name) who spends most of every match rambling away in a soft voice, so you can't hear him properly and just becomes annoying

One game tonight in the Championship, Raith Rovers -V- Dunfermline 7:05pm kick-off. A two goal win for Raith would put us fourth. Might be on BBC Scotland channel.

Pld W D L F A +/- Pts
1. Hearts 22 14 4 4 50 24 26 46
2. Raith Rovers 21 9 6 6 34 26 8 33
3. Dundee 21 9 6 6 40 37 3 33
4. Dunfermline 20 8 6 6 29 23 6 30
5. Inverness CT 22 7 9 6 28 23 5 30
6. Queen of the South 22 9 3 10 36 44 -8 30
7. Ayr United 22 6 8 8 28 27 1 26
8. Morton 22 6 7 9 19 27 -8 25
9. Arbroath 22 5 7 10 17 27 -10 22
10. Alloa Athletic 22 4 6 12 26 49 -23 18

• tm4tj unpinned this topic