Inverness CT -V- Arbroath - Preview - Matchday

tm4tj

13 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Arbroath at home in the league always puts me in mind of our very first league game at Telford Street all those years ago.

Who amongst us at that time would have predicted that, within two decades, we would go on to play in the finals of both the main knockout tournaments and win the most important of them as well as finishing the third best league team in the whole country.

We may have fallen back a bit, maybe more than a bit, from those heady days but a remarkable journey non the less.

Right now, I would happily take a repeat of the very first league result and scoreline.

Okay, forget about a repeat of the scoreline.

Right now, I'll settle for 3 points by whatever margin

We have reached the stage of the season where it's points not performance that count and that's another 3 in the bag to extend our winning run.

If we can keep grinding out results then a play off place remains an increasingly distinct possibility.

In past seasons a play off place other than finishing second in the league has been a bit of a poisoned chalice due to the fatigue involved in having to play the extra play off rounds after a long and full season.

However, this season could be different with a quarter fewer league fixtures and no Challenge Cup games.

Any of the play of places might represent a prospect of promotion this year. Still plenty to play for and we seem, at last, to be on a bit of a run with almost no lingering worries about falling into the play off position at the wrong end of the table.

This mediocre season could yet end well.

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

• tm4tj unpinned this topic