2021/22 Season

Robert

4 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Hopefully we get a class kit next season. Not a massive fan of the kits this season, home one is nice, but the away one is a bit meh. Something on a different design front would be nice, something unique in terms of design, maybe a throwback kit would be nice.

I disagree. I love the away kit and hope we retain it.

I suspect that the season will start with a limited number of fans in grounds but, assuming things go well, back to something much closer to normal, including the ability to purchase a pie and a coffee, by the turn of the year.

Still an outside chance that we could be back in the Premiership if we can maintain and build on the current run of results if not necessarily form.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Love the strips this year and the pink away strip seems lucky unlike the black strip wasn’t lucky at all and made them look like eleven refs running around!  I know luck has nothing to do with football really but anything helps nowadays.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 2

On 3/28/2021 at 12:42 AM, Robert said:

Dates have been announced for next season, with the League Cup staying on 10 July and the leagues on 31 July.

Hopefully we are allowed to attend matches by then!

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/calendar-confirmed-for-2021-22-campaign-232830/

Is that the normal start? Always thought it was the first weekend in August

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jack Waddington said:

Bit disheartened reading this, considering we never got an away day across the border. Would've much preferred it if they'd scrapped the Colts.

Screenshot_20210520-125102_Twitter.jpg

A bit more detail here:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/3159760/spfl-trust-trophy-caley-thistle-to-begin-challenge-cup-defence-in-september/amp/

It’s not a surprise given the pandemic, but I’m pleased to see greater involvement for Highland and Lowland League clubs.

We enter at the second round.

• Agree 1

Apparently Lyndon Dykes was doing one on one training up here ahead of the Euros...despite living and playing in London. Have the club offered out facilities to members of the Scotland squad or something?

Also, judging by the fact Neil and Robbo are there, and it was posted an hour ago, which I doubt would've been left in drafts for so long, so taking a guess that something's changed since the interview, Neil's become the prime candidate for the hot seat...

Screenshot_20210520-211807_Instagram.jpg

1 hour ago, Jack Waddington said:

Apparently Lyndon Dykes was doing one on one training up here ahead of the Euros...despite living and playing in London. Have the club offered out facilities to members of the Scotland squad or something?

Also, judging by the fact Neil and Robbo are there, and it was posted an hour ago, which I doubt would've been left in drafts for so long, so taking a guess that something's changed since the interview, Neil's become the prime candidate for the hot seat...

Screenshot_20210520-211807_Instagram.jpg

Yes, must be true that McCann will be the new manager.

Plus we have signed Lyndon Dykes to replace Toddy. 

100% believable both scenarios.  

Looking forward to 21/22 season now for sure plus I'll buy 10 season tickets. 

5 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Interesting that just the home strips are on sale. Perhaps keeping the pink? Apparently one of our most popular strips ever. 

Next season Blue top, white shorts and red socks with a black stripe :wink:

• Funny 1

On 5/20/2021 at 12:53 PM, Jack Waddington said:

Bit disheartened reading this, considering we never got an away day across the border. Would've much preferred it if they'd scrapped the Colts.

Quite agree about the involvement of the Colts teams Jack but I was never a fan of including clubs from the other countries. It was a bit of a novelty but I thought it tended to devalue the tournament, despite the quality of the teams taking part. It is after all a Scottish tournament and think the addition of the Lowland and Highland league clubs is an improvement.

• Agree 3

6 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Dunno where you're pulling that one from. Never came close to mentioning him signing on

He's not on the dole. He's employed by QPR. 🤓

I can’t write in Korean, so this will need to do!

The Betfred Cup is now the Premier Sports Cup, with the draw next Friday.

Hopefully we are allowed into the games when the cup starts.

Just 7 weeks to go until competitive games start again.

https://ictfc.com/premier-sports-cup-draw-2021-22

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...