2021/22 Season

Robert

3 hours ago, ymip said:

Just beat me to it.  First match since Hibs at Easter Road in February 2020.  Can't really count the recent Cormack Park debacle.....

Great news. 7th march is etched in my memory. 2-0 defeat at Alloa. Then we had QoS in midweek at home and it was all stopped on Fri 13th...

5 hours ago, RiG said:

As mentioned above Arbroath have confirmed that the opening league fixture can be attended by home and away fans.

And I see there is a livestream too mentioned in their post.

I’ve had a look but our game is not there yet, just their Saturday game against Kelty:

https://arbroathfc.tv/payperview/

Edited by Robert

As long as it's better than the last time we had an away support there 🤮
If the league hadn't been suspended in March 2020, Arbroath away would have been our game the next day.

On 7/26/2021 at 3:53 PM, snorbens_caleyman said:

What time would you be passing through Hertfordshire?  :lol:

The 12th of never lol

Though I may be speaking out of turn as my days running buses are in the past! 😄

• Funny 1

4 hours ago, TheMantis said:

As long as it's better than the last time we had an away support there 🤮

We drew 1-1 on our last visit on what was very windy if my recollection of the livestream is correct.

The last time our fans visited Arbroath, we got hammered 3-0.

It will be a tough start but hopefully we can scrape a win.

1 hour ago, Robert said:

The last time our fans visited Arbroath, we got hammered 3-0.

Yeah thanks for the reminder. That one was a shocker.

So many poor performances against part time sides in recent years. This season could be no different based on the League Cup. 

As from Monday, there will be no restrictions on outdoor gatherings up to 5,000 people which, even in the unlikely event that remained the limit, would be more than sufficient for almost all our home games this season.

Additional incentive, if any were needed, for a successful and entertaining product on the park.

The more fans the greater the income and the greater the ability to add to the squad in January if it appears we need to to boost what will hopefully be a challenge for the title and automatic promotion.

• Agree 2

17 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

As from Monday, there will be no restrictions on outdoor gatherings up to 5,000 people which, even in the unlikely event that remained the limit, would be more than sufficient for almost all our home games this season.

Additional incentive, if any were needed, for a successful and entertaining product on the park.

The more fans the greater the income and the greater the ability to add to the squad in January if it appears we need to to boost what will hopefully be a challenge for the title and automatic promotion.

Are we allowed away fans in? 

Every club seems to be different and even with nicola announcing that I still have no idea whats going on 

2 hours ago, WYNESS101 said:

Are we allowed away fans in? 

Every club seems to be different and even with nicola announcing that I still have no idea whats going on 

There is no legal prohibition on away fans as from Monday.

It will be at the discretion of the home club.

Edited by Kingsmills

Our first home game after restrictions are (almost) fully lifted is against Ayr on the 21st.

This gives us time. I hope that the club use it to launch a huge 'Welcome Back, We've Missed You' campaign in the local press and social media.

Although no great fan of it myself, I would be inclined to ramp up the pre match entertainment and have a 'pay what you think it's worth' day.

Many fans, especially walk up supporters, have got out of the habit of attending matches for the best part of two years now and we need to pull out all of the stops to entice them back.

Of course, the best way of doing that in the medium and longer term is to have a successful and entertaining product on the park but a good start would be a noisy and enthusiastic crowd of three thousand plus against the Honest Men.

• Agree 2

I see that our neighbours in Dingwall have been given authority by Highland council, as the relevant authority, for capacity crowds.

Not really an issue for us in the Championship where the general limit of 5,000 is likely to apply but we may as well make the application too as the cost is minimal.

If the same regulations apply season long we will at least be ready to welcome the 6,000 plus crowds for the final two league games of our run in to the title and promotion or, failing that, our home play off legs.

9 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

If the same regulations apply season long we will at least be ready to welcome the 6,000 plus crowds for the final two league games of our run in to the title and promotion or, failing that, our home play off legs.

What size of crowd could be expected for a home cup tie against an Old Firm club early next year?

16 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

What size of crowd could be expected for a home cup tie against an Old Firm club early next year?

I would hope that a home tie against either of the Ugly Sisters or Aberdeen would generate a crowd in excess of the general limit of 5,000 which may well be abolished by then but there is no guarantee.

Another reason to make the application just now just in case.