Buzzing for County game

Balistic

We were hungry, up for it and wanted it, and by f**k we got it and deserved it!! Well done to all involved!! It just feels good tonight and has blown away the cobwebs of a year or so of crap. 90 minutes of escaping the real world which is the joy football and our club gives you every so often. Great night to be an ICT fan.

Must admit that C**nty seem like a team on a downward spiral. For all their extra money, resources and our ex-players who thought the grass was greener on the other side, all I have to say is GIRUY!!!!!

Last words before I keel over as I am absolutely knackered after a great night is, hope you are on the mend Robbo, and I hope that tonight helped you feel a wee bit better. Take care Robbo. 

59 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Billy Ferries, Gordon Connelly, Neale Cooper, Alex Smith, Owen Coyle, Liam Boyce, Stuart Kettlewell, Richie Brittain, Sandy Ross, Steven Ferguson, Chris Somerville, Deek Adams, Jamie MacPherson, Brian Grant, Steven Hutchison, Ian Maxwell, Don Cowie Sr, Don Cowie Jr, Kenny Gilbert, Brian Irvine, Iain Vigurs, Michael Gardyne, Mark Hateley, Alex Bone, Deek Adams, Dick Campbell, Julian Broddle, Billy Herd, Willie Furphy, Derek Holmes, Jimmy Calderwood, Deek Adams, Willie McStay, The Jailender, Scott Leitch, Uncle Roy, Coll Donaldson, Hector MacLennan, Deek Adams, Jim McIntyre, Darren Henderson, Tony Dingwall, Tony Bullock, Karim Boukkra, Conor Gethins, Mark Perry, David Winters, Brian Graham, Scott Morrison, Deek Adams, Ross Draper…

Your boys took one hell of a beating! 

The best one from tonight Mantis we are feeling great :ictscarf:I thought this would have even stirred up IHE :smile: 

• Agree 2

57 minutes ago, Alan said:

Only three shots on target but they all counted. Wonder how many we could have scored had the players had more efforts on goal!!

You are right Alan and I noticed the BBC stats had County with 61% possession which was all going sideways and backways which is the boring football we had for a while! 

• Agree 2

17 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Disappointed that there doesn’t seem to have been any post-match comment from John Hughes yet! Are they all still in their changing room?

Yes, I was rather looking forward to his interview.  He's not usually so camera shy.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

Never been as proud to support ICT as I am tonight, especially after getting told by County fan friends on Facebook and an idiot St Johnstone fan friend that we'd "get pumped". The idiot St J fan even said it was "undeserved" 🤔

I am always optimistic lol but I still believe we can get promoted this season especially if we play as excellent as tonight. 

It was a team effort so I'm not going to single out anyone as man of the match. 

:ictscarf: :ictscarf: :ictscarf:

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Brilliant result for us and one that keeps our brilliant form going in to two very important league games. David Carson brilliant once again aswell as welsh and toddy.

I cant believe how many people have over looked how much of a good signing danny devine has been for us this season he has played 18 leagues games losing just 3 out of 18, the 4 games that he hasnt played in  we have lost 3 out of 4. His experience has helped Carson settle in to right back and also a very young back line progress.

This perception that he is a bad player i just do not get at all, anyhow up the caley this is one happy fan tonight! Ps can we get Carson a new deal please👍

• Agree 7
  • Well Said 2

Really enjoyed the game tonight, it was great to see the team playing with confidence, feeling so much more positive. Credit to McCann for bringing something new to the team and a freshness we were needing.

John Hughes saying before the game he wants to win cup with county too, win the game tonight take the plaudits then on to the next round 😄oops. 

3 great goals for us too, come on ICT

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

2 hours ago, IBM said:

The best one from tonight Mantis we are feeling great :ictscarf:I thought this would have even stirred up IHE :smile: 

Well I have just got home from another busy night caring for the mentally ill of Lancashire. I now cant believe that - as I would always have done before - I did not look to swopping my shift. I have evidently expressed my disinterest in this season as a whole, probably related to my work experience. But I was keeping an eye on the scores as I drove through the streets of Preston - and when I saw the final score that olde beautiful buzz restarted the footballing heartbeat. It felt like we had actually won the Scottish Cup again. I could only picture a full, rejoicing Away End and taught by Health Care Assistant the words of A Bridge and a Castle although she did not wish to join in the next couple of ditties. So bragging rights restored and for the time being at least - THE HIGHLANDS ARE OURS  

• Like 6

Still feels great after the best night's sleep in a long time.  My only problem now is deciding who to put in my top 3 for Man of match. So many contenders, but a nice problem to have.

Confidence must now be riding high, and needs to continue for our final push for play off spot.   Well done again to all concerned.

• Agree 3

8 hours ago, IBM said:

You are right Alan and I noticed the BBC stats had County with 61% possession which was all going sideways and backways which is the boring football we had for a while! 

Correct me if I am wrong, but I can't remember Ridgers having to make one save, all night.  He cut out a cross or corner or two, but otherwise had a quiet night.

We are still a work in progress, but that was certainly the best I've seen them play this season.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Just woke up and heard the shower going in the next room...feared the worst - if Bobby Ewing had walked through the door I'd have chinned him...big time.

The wife did say I was looking tense as she opened the cupboard for the hairdryer...

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Satan said:

Just woke up and heard the shower going in the next room...feared the worst - if Bobby Ewing had walked through the door I'd have chinned him...big time.

The wife did say I was looking tense as she opened the cupboard for the hairdryer...

Were you worried you'd turned into Pam Ewing? 

The joy was even sweeter because we know what it feels like to watch our team play the John Hughes defensive style of play, and how depressing it is. Our Caley Pinks (sounds a bit like a variety of potato), were the complete opposite flying freely down the pitch like a flock of flamingos.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

11 hours ago, GoliathGrunt said:

Daniel Mackay - He scores when he wants !!!⚽

I can't believe he is only 19, he is the sort of gamechanger that every side needs [certainly at this level, and eventually at Premiership level], he'll have off-days of course, but he has been very influential this season.

As someone else said, Devine has done well this season, and has been under-rated.

Strong performances all round, but Toddy is surely becoming a bit of a cult figure.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

And that in a nutshell somes up why Hughes isn't a great manager, despite what some of our supporters think. The style of play he tries to play only works with good players, poor to average players just cannot make it work and Hughes is incapable of changing his system. 

• Agree 4

Twelve hours on from full time and still buzzing!

Such a shame we couldn’t be there to witness such a great team performance and a well deserved win.

Hopefully a home draw for the next round which is on the weekend of 17 April. Brora anyone?

• Like 3

Devine has been mentioned by one or two on this thread. I've always rated him as just the type of consistent, hard working player that we love here. I really felt for him when he fell out of favour in his last spell at the club and was delighted that he came back. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

The old heads a bit fragile this morning, a few celebratory drams after that amazing performance.

So chuffed with the troops last night, the whole team put in a shift and schooled County in how to fight and show some desire, and the goals weren't too bad either 😉

Well done boys, good job well done👍

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

What they don't seem to get up in Dingwall is, that when our ex players defect to the dark side, they can never quite shake off their ICT past and find it impossible to fully commit to a side that, deep down they do not rate. Once you find your niche in Inverness, no other club (but especially County), will quite do! And this theory works for managers too.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• tm4tj unpinned this topic