Buzzing for County game

Balistic

2 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I can't remember Ridgers having to make one save, all night.

Looking at the BBC stats, that appears to be right. 9 shots, 2 on target. Which are Snakey McKay's opener and the goalmouth scramble at the end. 

10 hours ago, The Long Man said:

he slunk off without doing the customary required post match interview. Must have gone into hiding, such were his atrocious tactics.  Oh well, that's another manager on the skids at Dingwall 🙄

Last seen sitting on a Tinkers Cairt been consoled by bdu98196

• Funny 1

Well, the morning after such a classic is always sweet. Much to replay in the mind, and savour. Overall, you have to say it was a team performance, where everybody knew their jobs and passed to each other with confidence. What a contrast to a few months ago. Confidence and a well drilled shape has transformed us, let's hope it last for the rest of the season. Lots of highlights, particularly MacKay's solo, but I also really enjoyed Allardyce's long ball, MacGregor's wizardry, only to be foiled by a block, but it was a sweet move worthy of any top level game.

If we can retain that standard we may well be in for an exciting finish to the season. What are the chances of meeting County in the play-offs? 😋

Quote from the County forum on their performance: "It was like farmers playing with wellies on"  - I couldn't have said it better myself 

😂🤣😊

• Well Said 1

9 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

I have evidently expressed my disinterest in this season as a whole, probably related to my work experience. But I was keeping an eye on the scores as I drove through the streets of Preston - and when I saw the final score that olde beautiful buzz restarted the footballing heartbeat. It felt like we had actually won the Scottish Cup again.

You'll recognise that as a great example of intermittent reinforcement - the most powerful conditioning method in psychology 🤩

• Funny 1

It's amazing how, over the years  when we are a lower division club playing a top division team away in the cup we come away with a 1-3 victory.

That said, if County continue to defend like that they won't be a top division club for too much longer and, if we continue to play like that, we might not be a lower division club for too much longer either.

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

Just skipped through the whole match again, and thoroughly enjoyed all three goals again.  They were all top quality, especially Daniel's  Good after match interviews with Dan, Toddy and Neil. Thought the two pundits, Shelly Kerr and Gary Caldwell were excellent too.

As has been said by many of us, that was a real team performance last night. Can't ask for more than that. Let's hope we can keep it going.

• Agree 3

33 minutes ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Just skipped through the whole match again, and thoroughly enjoyed all three goals again.  They were all top quality, especially Daniel's  Good after match interviews with Dan, Toddy and Neil. Thought the two pundits, Shelly Kerr and Gary Caldwell were excellent too.

As has been said by many of us, that was a real team performance last night. Can't ask for more than that. Let's hope we can keep it going.

Brilliant performance which MUST take forward to the Morton and QoS games. They are more important. 👏👏

• Agree 2

That was the most enjoyable performance and result that I can remember for some time.  Great to feel that ICT buzz again.  All of a sudden we have hit form at just the right time and it should be well within the team's ability to get into the play-offs.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

17 hours ago, Robert said:

I see the BBC are giving Mckay the assist for Toddy’s goal. I thought it was Deas that headed it across to him. 

Definitely Deas, great header back across the box, great finish.

• Like 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
On 4/3/2021 at 12:00 AM, Yngwie said:

Disappointed that there doesn’t seem to have been any post-match comment from John Hughes yet! Are they all still in their changing room?

On 4/3/2021 at 12:21 AM, The Long Man said:

he slunk off without doing the customary required post match interview. Must have gone into hiding, such were his atrocious tactics.  Oh well, that's another manager on the skids at Dingwall 🙄

Has Hughes made any public comment yet?

I see he has made 5 changes for County’s game today which perhaps says a lot, including Donaldson dropping out. 

3 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Has Hughes made any public comment yet?

I see he has made 5 changes for County’s game today which perhaps says a lot, including Donaldson dropping out. 

Couldn't give two flyers who he changes or leaves out - we have the bragging rights so nite nite Yogi.

• Like 4