Scottish Cup 4th round draw

Yngwie

Having got past 2 teams from the north so far it would be nice to keep that theme going and see if we can get to the final by getting past the likes of Fraserburgh, Formartine and Brora.

No shocks today, except Clyde winning at Ayr. Only County and Hamilton from the top league are out, with the Old Firm and Hibs still to play their matches.

As a result, the chances are we will draw a team from the Premiership.

Edited by Robert

14 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

No Highland League ties next round.

Brora lost 3-1 to Stranraer

Fraserburgh lost 4-2 to Montrose

Indeed, although at one point 2 of them were winning and one drawing.

2 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Indeed, although at one point 2 of them were winning and one drawing.

The league sides edged them at the end.  That was probably due simply to lack of match fitness.  Similarly, Morton equalised in extra time against East Fife and went on to win in Extra Time whilst Dundee Utd got a winner against Partick Thistle in injury time.  Nearly lots of upsets, but in the end, not very many.

1 hour ago, DoofersDad said:

The league sides edged them at the end.  That was probably due simply to lack of match fitness.  Similarly, Morton equalised in extra time against East Fife and went on to win in Extra Time whilst Dundee Utd got a winner against Partick Thistle in injury time.  Nearly lots of upsets, but in the end, not very many.

Morton going to extra time today and us playing the night before will hopefully benefit us on Tuesday night. 🤞

Teams I wouldn't mind us getting drawn to play: Montrose, Clyde, Stranraer, Aberdeen, St Mirren or Forfar 

Teams to avoid: Celtic, Rangers, Dundee Utd and Hibs. 

I want a winnable match so we can continue our remarkable record in the cup (how many years since we didn't go far in the competition?) but I also want a tie that is likely to be picked by BBC or Premier Sports hence why I put Aberdeen and St M in the teams I would not mind list. St J are another option but they are on a good run of form at the minute and I have one friend that is so Anti ICT that he would rip me big style if we lost or would greet about refs if we won. He said last night that we "didn't deserve to win" "had a biases ref in our favour" and "won't get promoted this season and play in Mickey Mouse league". 

6 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Can someone explain why they're doing the Quarter Final draw too? Just going to be a bunch of "or"s

The 5th round/quarter final matches are 1 week after the 4th round.

St. Mirren, both us and them will be happy with that. Let battle commence. 

I'll take Cove Rangers if we make it to the quarter final. Lol. 

Edited by aaroncoganshogun