Scottish Cup 4th round draw

Yngwie

Big hurdle in St Mirren. But if achieved excellent draw in Kilmarnock or Montrose. Bet every one of the 4 teams is happy with those draws lol. 

Away in every round of the competition but with the 4th and 5th round draws now complete, whilst we are in no position to be complacent there is a realistic route to the semi finals.

Even without the income from gate money, the TV and sponsorship money from that would be a very welcome boost indeed in these troubled financial times as would the boost to morale and confidence which might well translate into the continuing improvement of our league form.

This season is now shaping up to have some real potential with some wind billowing in our sails after spending the first three quarters of it very much in the doldrums.

• Like 1

I had a gut feeling we'd get St Mirren away 😇
Very tough draw - on the positive side, another club like C(o)unty who have never beaten us in the Cup. Remember the scenes in 2004 when they murdered us and Darran Thompson stole it. Seemingly our squad was hit badly with flu.

• Thank You 1

I agree this will be a tough game and we are definitely underdogs.

St Mirren’s form is mixed. Before beating Hamilton 3-0 in the cup yesterday, they had won 2, drawn 5 and lost 3 of their previous 10 league games, with the wins being at home to County and Kilmarnock. Their defeats have been to the top three, Rangers, Celtic and Hibs.

We can go there looking for a result and, if we get one, it will be a bonus in my opinion.

We have 6 games to come in April, 7 if we win the cup tie, and other than Morton all our league rivals are out of the cup.

But we need to focus on this week and getting good results on Tuesday at Morton and on Saturday at Queen of the South.

Despite our recent run, we are only 5 points ahead of 9th so we can’t lose focus.

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

Teams I wouldn't mind us getting drawn to play: Montrose, Clyde, Stranraer, Aberdeen, St Mirren or Forfar 

Teams to avoid: Celtic, Rangers, Dundee Utd and Hibs. 

I want a winnable match so we can continue our remarkable record in the cup (how many years since we didn't go far in the competition?) but I also want a tie that is likely to be picked by BBC or Premier Sports hence why I put Aberdeen and St M in the teams I would not mind list. St J are another option but they are on a good run of form at the minute and I have one friend that is so Anti ICT that he would rip me big style if we lost or would greet about refs if we won. He said last night that we "didn't deserve to win" "had a biases ref in our favour" and "won't get promoted this season and play in Mickey Mouse league". 

Don’t think our game will be picked, get ready to pay for st mirrren tv I reckon.

Turns out the Cup Winner (assuming they haven't qualified for the Champions League) gets dropped into the Europa League Playoffs, or, simply speaking, two legs behind the Group Stage. Absolutely mental for anyone who ends up winning it.

The potential thought of ICT fighting it out in the Europa League Group Stages is something else, especially when there's a high chance of being put in with the European big boys, or hell, even a Premier League side (despite us inevitably being pumped) in the Play Offs would be a dream come true.

21 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

If we had to choose, I’d rather reach the promotion playoffs than advance another round in the cup.

I agree but this week will give us a good indication as to whether the play offs are achievable. We need two good results against Morton and Queen of the South. We lost to both last time out, in games we should have done better in, so time to right two wrongs!

• Agree 3
  • Well Said 1

Our game with St Mirren is at 1500 on Saturday 17 April and is not on BBC or Premier Sports. The Dundee league game that day is now 1900 on Tuesday 20th.

The last league game with Ayr on 30 April is now a 1945 kick off. 

• Thank You 1

3 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Dont you love this forum - a bit like real life itself - a short while ago we were preparing to meet our maker and now after two jabs in the arm we are world beaters again - Its a funny old game :groovy:

No jabs here yet. Good that old codgers are feeling safer though. 

Albeit I fell out with an old wifie whilst queuing in a shop the other day. I asked her to keep 2 metres away. Reply 'It's alright son, I've had both vaccines'. I said, 'Lucky you, I've had none. Now get 2 metres away'

Shopping queue rage, worse than road rage!!

Edited by aaroncoganshogun
Swear word removed lol

On Sportsound that discussions are taking place about the Saturday games with an announcement to follow at some point.

At the very least the time will change, but quite possibly the day too. 

1 hour ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

So is the DofE's funeral.  I predict a shift - hopefully just the time, not the date.

The teams all had a minute silence today as a mark of respect so why should they need to shift the time of the game as there will not be anyone from the clubs going to the funeral.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

11 minutes ago, IBM said:

The teams all had a minute silence today as a mark of respect so why should they need to shift the time of the game as there will not be anyone from the clubs going to the funeral.

I can just about see the justification for not playing at the same time as the funeral, but moving all those fixtures is going to inconvenience loads of people. So the ideal solution would be to play the funeral under the lights.

• Funny 5
  • Facepalm 1

On 4/5/2021 at 4:17 AM, Jack Waddington said:

Turns out the Cup Winner (assuming they haven't qualified for the Champions League) gets dropped into the Europa League Playoffs, or, simply speaking, two legs behind the Group Stage. Absolutely mental for anyone who ends up winning it.

The potential thought of ICT fighting it out in the Europa League Group Stages is something else, especially when there's a high chance of being put in with the European big boys, or hell, even a Premier League side (despite us inevitably being pumped) in the Play Offs would be a dream come true.

so is the cup now the only way to get Europa league football? do hibs and Aberdeen play in the conference?