Morton -V- Inverness CT - Preview

tm4tj

10 hours ago, Robert said:

One for the statisticians: when did we last win 6 in a row?

And, looking forward to Saturday, when did we last win 7 in a row?

From what I can see March 2010 we won the last 9 games of the season in the league. I wasn't able to see any other time in between 2010 and 2021 where we've won more than 6 games in a row (not including friendlies). 

• Thank You 1

With apologies for the double post but given how derided they have been during the ICT careers I think it's only fair that (Brad) Mckay and Devine get some acknowledgement for their performances at the back. We have looked a lot better defensively in recent weeks and if people are going to criticise players when it's going wrong it's only fair to praise them when things are going well. Whilst players like Todorov and MacKay are, rightly, getting a lot of applause the likes of Devine and Mckay should also be included.

• Agree 3
  • Well Said 6

There have been various times in our history when you could watch our team and be proud that we had a really solid defence, usually with a great central pairing. This season has not been one of those times for me - and yet, here we are with the joint best goals against record in the league, and rarely conceding more than one per game even in our poor run of form, so the team is definitely doing something right and as RiG says, the defence deserves more credit than it has been given.

Defenders are defending, strikers are striking, midfield doing both, management managing, it is all happening with ICT.

The squad must be elated and looking forward to every game knowing that their capabilities are now being capitalised on.

What lieas ahead? an exciting cup run? Promotion?.......que sera sera........we have got the song title now we have to change the words in our favour.

Come on ICT you can do it :ictscarf:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Looking at the run in, those around us have:

Raith:

Arbroath: H

Queen of the South: A

Alloa: A

Dundee: A

Hearts: H

Dundee:

Morton: H

Dunfermline: A

ICT: A

Raith: H

ICT:

Dundee: H

Hearts: A

Ayr: H

Dunfermline:

Ayr: A

Queen of the South: H

Arbroath: H

Alloa: A

Queen of the South:

ICT: H

Raith: H

Dunfermline: A

Ayr: A

Our rivals will all drop points so still plenty opportunity for us to be in the top four if we can stay consistent.

Interesting, Robert. As we know from this league, there will plenty of ups and downs to come yet, so I wouldn't get too despondent if we slip up here and there, because so will the others. But no doubt we are in a very good position with our current form. Should be a fun ride.

We don't really have enough time left for a slip up here and there. We only have four games left, no scope for slip-ups. In truth it's almost out of our own hands even if we win every game. Defeat at Palmerston will possibly end our chances with Dunfermline playing Arbroath and Alloa in their final two games and Queens also having a game in hand. 

All ifs and buts at the moment...

Next Tuesday could be an important night for us, even although we are not playing, as Dunfermline face Dundee and Queen of the South face Raith, with all teams then having three to play, the same as we will have by then.

Saturday is critical. We really need to win and absolutely cannot afford to lose.

Dunfermline on paper have the easiest run in, but their form has been poor recently. We could do with Ayr, Morton and Arbroath taking points on Saturday when they play Dunfermline, Dundee and Raith.

It is good to be talking about the right end of the table again after the worries we had a month or so back. 

Well, it's all speculation obviously, but if you factor in Hearts away as being a possible defeat, then the other three games are massive, but particularly the Dundee game which could be decisive. I am convinced, though, that the others will drop points so there will be a window we can squeeze through if we play to our best. Whatever happens, I will be happy with the way we have finished the season, in view of what most of it has been like. So it is all a bonus as far as I am concerned. But if we make the play offs then I think we have as good a chance as any of the others.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, RiG said:

From what I can see March 2010 we won the last 9 games of the season in the league. I wasn't able to see any other time in between 2010 and 2021 where we've won more than 6 games in a row (not including friendlies). 

Robbo’s first season back in charge after relegation. We started poorly had an amazing 2nd half of the season with a lot of midweek games and just missed the playoffs finishing 5th?? From memory we had a point in the season where we had a lot of victories and longest stretch of clean sheets????

8 hours ago, iwannabeadored said:

Robbo’s first season back in charge after relegation. We started poorly had an amazing 2nd half of the season with a lot of midweek games and just missed the playoffs finishing 5th?? From memory we had a point in the season where we had a lot of victories and longest stretch of clean sheets????

At the end of 2017/18 we won 9 of the last 11 games but the draws meant the winning run never went past 5.

• Thank You 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic