Todorov Club Statement

tm4tj

What we know:

- Raith Rovers' Iain Davidson got sent off against us on 16 March for a foul on Todorov.

- There was a bit of a melee afterward in which Davidson grabbed Sean Welsh by the throat. The referee showed a second red card for that.

- On 24 March Davidson was served a notice of complaint by the SFA for Excessive Misconduct. The hearing is on 15 April. It was reported in the press that this was related to "discriminatory comments made towards an Inverness player".

- Today Nikolay Todorov was served a notice of complaint by the SFA for Excessive Misconduct. The hearing is on 29 April.

- Aamar Anwar is the solicitor acting for Todorov. Anwar is representing Glen Kamara in the case of Kamara being allegedly racially abused by a Sparta Prague player.

According to the ICT statement:

- "it is alleged that Nikolay was subjected to racial abuse which left him shaken and upset. The alleged abuse was witnessed by others"

- "Nikolay chose to follow SFA procedures and immediately reported the matter to the match referee and accordingly a tribunal hearing into these allegations is to take place on the 15th April 2021."

- "The present allegations are viewed as cynical, in that it has taken nearly one month for them to appear after an original complaint was made by Nikolay"

What we don't know:

- What has Todorov allegedly done that constitutes Excessive Misconduct?

According to the SFA, Excessive Misconduct "Means the commission of an offence listed in the Schedule of Offences in Annex C where there is an aggravation of that offence. Such aggravation may include, but is not limited to, (i) prolongation of the incident involving the commission of the offence and/or (ii) where a combination of different offences listed in the Schedule of Offences in Annex C have been committed and/or (iii) the continued use of offensive, abusing and/or insulting language and/or behaviour and/or (iv) calling a match official a cheat and/or implying that a match official is a cheat and/or calling a match official’s integrity into question and/or implying that a match official’s integrity should be brought into question and/or (v) failing to comply with a match official’s request and/or (vi) adopting aggressive behaviour towards a match official and/or (vii) the existence of any racist, sexist, sectarian and/or otherwise discriminatory element to the offence and/or (viii) the degree of any physical violence (ix) committing Unacceptable Conduct"

- Why has it taken nearly a month for them to cite Todorov?

Let's see how this pans out...

• Agree 3

Something does not smell right here. Why would it game four weeks for a complaint to be made? It must be something that was missed by the referee, presumably. Allardice and Welsh were booked that evening but not Toddy.

Hopefully Toddy is cleared of whatever he is accused of and those at Raith who allegedly racially abused him get appropriate sanctions.

If the finding goes against him on 29 April we could lose him at a critical stage of the season depending on when any sanction applies from, particularly if we make the play offs. 

Edited by Robert

Four weeks ago we were more concerned with avoiding relegation than the promotion race.

Now we are right in the playoff promotion mix and Todorov is scoring regularly and suddenly this comes up. 

Something stinks - 4 weeks to raise a citation? 

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

One thing missed out is that Raith Rovers submitted a letter of defence of Iain Davidson last month.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56499950

Whether something contained in that has had any effect on the charges we don't know.

Why would it take the SFA 2 weeks to act though if the letter was submitted last month?

Davidson’s hearing isn’t til Thursday, so it’s not like something has come out of that. 

It is worrying and it stinks, but it is really encouraging to see such a robust defence of Toddy from the club.  "We will robustly defend our player from this allegation.  Nikolay’s conduct on the 16th March was entirely exemplary despite the extreme provocation, racist abuse and violence he was subjected to. We are unable at this stage to comment further.”  

4 hours ago, HawkeyeTheGnu said:

Why would it take the SFA 2 weeks to act though if the letter was submitted last month?

Davidson’s hearing isn’t til Thursday, so it’s not like something has come out of that. 

I have no idea. I am just adding another factual point to the timeline which is Raith have already submitted a "defence" of Davidson. That's all.

This seems to me a deliberate spoiling motion, aimed at the hearing on Thursday. IMHO it is designed to plant suspicion in the tribunal that there were two sides to the aggravation, with both guilty of abuse. That will be borne out if Davidson's defence on Thursday is that Todorov provoked him by saying unpleasant things, or something similar. Since there is no evidence that we know of for such a claim, the opposite of Todorov's case against him, it smacks of excessive opportunism and a very cynical ploy. I hope it increases his punishment. Maybe his lawyer cooked it up. Desperate, and very unpleasant, stuff. What of course we don't want is it to affect Toddy's form.  

9 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

I guess this all makes it less likely that the outstanding Challenge Cup Final will ever be played.

I think as it stands it's going to take place at the End of May/Start of June.

Late June would conflict with the Euros (on the unlikely circumstance that either side ends up with players being called up) and July would conflict with the League Cup, and would probably be too far away.

10 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

I think as it stands it's going to take place at the End of May/Start of June.

My reasoning was that ICT and Raith cannot both reach the playoff finals (19 & 23 May), so the season for one of them will end on the 15th at the very latest.  In fact the season could be over for both on the 9th.

I can't see either club wanting to keep its players hanging around for an essentially meaningless game two or three weeks later.  Especially if travel restrictions have been eased and some players could go and see families and friends for the first time in a long time.

Added to that, if there is now bad blood between the clubs, then it might be better not to play it.

I haven't looked at the contractual aspect of it, i.e. whether they might be forced to play it to satisfy the SPFL and Tunnocks.

• 2 weeks later...

Did Toddy’s hearing take place today?

I can’t find anything about it on line, so presumably it was postponed or adjourned given the delay to Raith’s Davidson’s case. 

Edited by Robert

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Did Toddy’s hearing take place today?

I can’t find anything about it on line, so presumably it was postponed or adjourned given the delay to Raith’s Davidson’s case. 

I am getting a bit deaf, what has Ruth Davidson got to do with it ?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Facepalm 1

Nothing about Todorov, Neil McCann on the other hand..........

Alleged Party in Breach: Neil McCann, Manager, Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC

Date: 24 April 2021

Competition: Scottish Championship

Match: Heart of Midlothian FC v Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 203 – No member of Team Staff shall commit Misconduct at a match

Principal hearing date: Thursday 20 May 2021

Fixed Suspension of 1 match offered

I'm not going to lie, but with the SPFL being more concerned about Neil kicking off and East Fife refusing to play due to COVID cases rather than racist, and recent ableist (I think it was anyway, in tonight's Stenny game) abuse is surely the biggest call to arms among fans across the country there can ever be.

They've gone out of their way to fine East Fife £11,000 because they, rightly, refused to play due to a positive Covid case in the Clyde squad, and clearly, in the reply above, punishing Neil for a touchline strop. 

The SPFL is corrupt to the core, and as we've seen down south, an army of fans can force change. I might sound delusional, but when we're talking about the integrity of the league, it's more than warranted to protest against Doncaster and his cronies.

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Nothing about Todorov, Neil McCann on the other hand..........

Alleged Party in Breach: Neil McCann, Manager, Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC

Date: 24 April 2021

Competition: Scottish Championship

Match: Heart of Midlothian FC v Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 203 – No member of Team Staff shall commit Misconduct at a match

Principal hearing date: Thursday 20 May 2021

Fixed Suspension of 1 match offered

I’m sure he’s not bothered in the slightest.

He admitted he over reacted, so that should be the end of it given he is owing out.

On Jack’s post, what happened in the Stenhousemuir game?

Edited by Robert

8 minutes ago, Robert said:

On Jack’s post, what happened in the Stenhousemuir game?

Don't know the fine details, but been seeing it a lot on Twitter that David Cox has retired from the game due to abuse about his mental illness, depression, I think, and that abuse in tonight's game was his final straw.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7040495/albion-rover-cox-retires-football-suicide-stenhousemuir/