Inverness CT -V- Dundee - Preview

tm4tj

3 hours ago, hislopsoffsideagain said:

The club have had the ability to broadcast the game live with the cameras they use for highlights and with replays too since December (presumably with no added expense). However whoever it is that makes the decisions has decided that the Pixellot system, which the club is paying for, is the better option. Presumably they know best.

It beggars belief why they choose to do so. AndyCam has consistently shown he can provide a better product, one that was good enough when we were in the premiership and which many people have agreed is superior. Does someone have shares in Pixxelot, a relative working for them or did we sign a bad contract without any get out clause?  

31 minutes ago, Scotty said:

did we sign a bad contract without any get out clause?  

That's where I'd put my money!

The technical quality of the system has been dire.  We first of all had the AI which couldn't tell the difference between the ball and a bald man.  That, incidentally, made the pages of "New Scientist" magazine and of a global forum on computer-based risks which I read, and probably much more besides. 

The quality of the picture is dire.  I was watching on a 55 inch TV last night - admittedly from a fair distance away - and I simply didn't see the two sending-off offences clearly enough to judge them.  

One of the first questions at installation time should have been "where does the Sun move in relation to the pitch?".  Absolutely basic.  So we have had the lens flare that we saw at the start of the season, and the fog over the north end last night.

I am sure that a system like this must have a replay facility built in, at no extra cost.  Again, absolutely basic.  I know that some of the other teams' systems require a producer as well as the commentators, and that the whole point of the Pixellot system is that it is fully automatic.  But a simple function to replay the last five seconds, or to hold the last five seconds for replay when the action permits, would require no more than a keystroke or two from an operator.  If we had someone manually controlling the "camera", then they could have done replays as well.

The commentary cannot be blamed on Pixellot, of course, but we have all heard what other clubs can do.

Having said all that, as an exile I have seen much more of ICT, good and bad, this season than in any other season.  I'll miss that if there is no streaming when crowds are allowed back in.

12 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

When was the last time we were reduced to 9 men?

Must have been 0-5 v Arabs just after the Hearts game, did we not have THREE sent off?

Edit - just checked - maybe just Tansey and Watkins. March 2014.

3 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

The quality of the picture is dire.  I was watching on a 55 inch TV last night - admittedly from a fair distance away - and I simply didn't see the two sending-off offences clearly enough to judge them.  

I was the same but what excuse will the referee use :lol:

24 hours after we drop out of the play off places, Ross County drop into the play off place.

Still a chance we could play them in the play off final, but looking less likely.

Looks like we could have Highland derbies to look forward to, as whoever does get to the play off final will fancy their chances against them. That is, if Hamilton have not pulled off their normal survival trick and got above them, leaving County bottom. 

Prediction: We get Brad back only.

It has been noted by a few after the match that Allardice seemed to be a straight red - I dont know I was working so not watching - if that's the case they might drop it from a red to a yellow, and with him already being carded then it's a second yellow so still a red. Big difference being a one game suspension instead of more. With Brad, the debate on here is some saying it was a red and others saying not ... so I dont know but they appease us and give us one player back to show 'fairness' ....  

Given our 'special relationship' with Hearts, we should send them half a dozen crates of beer to celebrate their league title making sure it arrives tomorrow in the hope that they will use it straight away to wash down a couple of kebabs each.

We more than likely need to win both matches to get into the play offs but the key thing from the weekend for me is that we make sure we have chance on the final day. If that means draw then thats fine too but the fact is we have beaten better Hearts teams at Tynecastle in the past and they have been gunk for a lot of this season so why shouldn't we win. I still think Arbroath may help us as they seem in good form and still need the results so sneak a win and we draw and we go into the final game ahead of GD. Of course though lets get 3 points and make sure Friday will be a cracker. Im still hopeful that Dundee miss out as they are gunk and deserve to reap what they sow from last April 

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

Prediction: We get Brad back only.

It has been noted by a few after the match that Allardice seemed to be a straight red - I dont know I was working so not watching - if that's the case they might drop it from a red to a yellow, and with him already being carded then it's a second yellow so still a red. Big difference being a one game suspension instead of more. With Brad, the debate on here is some saying it was a red and others saying not ... so I dont know but they appease us and give us one player back to show 'fairness' ....  

I think you are right Scotty, there is no way we will get 2 out of 2 although I couldn't say if either was a red or not I am sure they will have better camera coverage from our own TV and they will not appeal unless the have a good case.  I hope we get something!

• tm4tj unpinned this topic

Not too surprising, could have been worse. Had more than an inkling Allardyce’s red was a wrong decision based purely on so many of our players protesting angrily to the ref. I think 2 of them got yellows for doing so - maybe they should get overturned too, as they were simply trying to help the ref avoid making an error.

Sadly bookings cannot be appealed.

However, had Allardice stayed on, there is every chance we could have won the match, so a bad decision could have had a big impact on how successful our season turns out to be. 

If we had won the previous,easier game then all the pressure would not have been on us to make rash tackles and pester the ref. Perhaps Dundee would have been the team losing their cool.

Another season in the abyss perhaps?

16 hours ago, Satan said:

If we had won the previous,easier game then all the pressure would not have been on us to make rash tackles and pester the ref. Perhaps Dundee would have been the team losing their cool.

Another season in the abyss perhaps?

I agree and maybe we should be realistic and prepare ourselves for another season in what is probably the hardest league to get out of.