13 minutes ago, Robert said:

4-3 at Dunfermline. 

Looks like Arbroath had 5 attempts in stoppage time, but we can’t complain as we had let it be out of our hands.

At least we matched Hearts second half. In the first half, they were much better than both St Mirren and County, and played very good football. 

Well this time 6 weeks ago (or so) we were worried about relegation. There’s a good team spirit there. On reflection we’ve now had three of the youth academy embedded into the team, gained Allardice (ok not his best today) Deas and Duffy look like they can be decent at this level, Danny Devine looks like he could become a leader, and Toddy looks like he could be a target man. There’s times when you see neat pockets of play. More positives than negatives 

Edited by FrontRow
Spelling
  • Agree 6

7 minutes ago, Satan said:

Fighting for the title? 

Do you know something we don't?

Well, as things stand, we're the prime contender depending on who comes down. Us, Dundee and Raith are the top teams next season (assuming either of the latter don't go up). Not sure how much of a fight Patrick will put in, and Hamilton I don't think will be able to do a whole lot either.

Not saying were practically going to be champions from the get go, but there's a chance...

Well it's been a tough few weeks with such a busy schedule and we gave it a darn good go, they have done themselves proud to turnaround a very difficult situation - as Mantis said 5th place was the most realistic outcome. In hindsight (wonderful thing), the cup game at the Midden did us no favours but it was a brave attempt.

Looking forward to the derby victories next season now!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

We've got the core of a decent side, I'm more optimistic than a year ago. Don't forget Falkirk. Or maybe Cove are a bigger worry.

Yep it does feel as if we're in a stronger starting position for next season. Doesn't really matter who comes up or down into the Championship it will still be a very competitive and hard fought league - the Championship is my favourite league both north and south of the border.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Well, that's it all but over, in this strangest of seasons (unless the Challenge Cup is a goer), and it hasn't lacked excitement over the last few weeks. Disappointed, but definitely glad that we are not fighting relegation. I've really enjoyed the games recently and feel proud of the team.

On the plus side, who needs the biased refereeing, top six cut off and Ugly sisters in the SPL - looking forward to next season - maybe we'll even get to see a live game later this year!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Unless Arbroath snag a veeery late equaliser, we'll be looking at fighting for the title next season

Can I have some of what you are on?

2 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

League Cup starts 77 days from now.  Lots to sort out both on and off the field before then.

Hope our number 77 is still here in 77 days time. 

Hope we also have a number 9 next season!!

10 minutes ago, aaroncoganshogun said:

Hope we also have a number 9 next season!!

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read Mantis' comment on the other thread about the number of draws that we have had.

Lack of a reliable, prolific goalscorer has been our biggest problem since Billy Mckay left in 2015.

Though if we did have one, we'd still have to get the ball to him!

With the League Cup starting on 10 July, I wonder if we will furlough them players until late June. I think last year we made their wages up to 100%, so if we did the same they will not lose out, but the club will avoid the bulk of the wage costs for several weeks.

Regarding number 9, I’d imagine Storey will move on so any front player coming in to replace him could take the number.

Is Toddy out of contract this summer?

14 minutes ago, Robert said:

With the League Cup starting on 10 July, I wonder if we will furlough them players until late June. I think last year we made their wages up to 100%, so if we did the same they will not lose out, but the club will avoid the bulk of the wage costs for several weeks.

Regarding number 9, I’d imagine Storey will move on so any front player coming in to replace him could take the number.

Is Toddy out of contract this summer?

Just checked the squad thread which has slipped onto page 2. Seems Toddy is out of contract. Hope we can keep him but looking at the list, I’m not bothered about any of the rest.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic