Official PotY

tm4tj

• tm4tj pinned this topic
12 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Goal of the Season is a rather easy choice...

The goal of the season was to survive to compete again next season and thankfully, after a bit of a goal mouth scramble, we just managed to force the ball over the line.

• Agree 1

A good goal, but not the one I picked!

I went with Duffy, closely ahead of Carson and Toddy, given he cut in and scored from distance into the corner with his weaker foot.

Whoever wins, I will have no complaints as they were all quality.

For the player awards, I went with Toddy and Mackay. Toddy had a good start to the season but missed some game time with injury and too time to get a starting place again, but once he did he was invaluable. Mackay grew as the season went on and only just pipped Deas for me.

Is the announcement live on ICTTV on Friday evening??

Edited by Robert

Toddy for me, as good as Benzema last night. Great control to bring it down from that height and hit it before it hit the ground whilst under pressure. Tremendous.

• Like 1

Difficult PotY choices this year. Carson, but also Dan and Toddy, only really came into contention in the 2nd half of the season. Other candidates like Allardyce, Ridgers and Deas were consistently pretty good for the whole season.

Incidentally I hadn’t actually realised that Deas qualified for the young player category, he plays with maturity beyond his years and will hopefully stay with us and keep improving.

9 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Difficult PotY choices this year. Carson, but also Dan and Toddy, only really came into contention in the 2nd half of the season. Other candidates like Allardyce, Ridgers and Deas were consistently pretty good for the whole season.

Incidentally I hadn’t actually realised that Deas qualified for the young player category, he plays with maturity beyond his years and will hopefully stay with us and keep improving.

Agree with most of this. Carson only played half the season because of injury so you would normally think it's a bit of a joke to have someone like that up for PoTY but he was excellent in the second half of the season when he featured especially considering the position he had to play in the team. Mackay and Toddy as you say only really hit a good run of form in the second part of the campaign. Allardice started strongly but I think he faded a bit as the season wore one, especially after McCann came in where he seemed to drop off a lot. I don't have him picking up too many MotM points for the last few months. We have a few players who had a strong first or second half of the campaign but none I would say were truly consistent throughout with the possible exception of Ridgers?

And people are more likely to remember the good run of form of recent weeks than the barren run where we secured one win in thirteen games a few months back which will almost certainly skew votes towards the likes of Carson.

Not to say he wouldn't be worthy winner of course, I'm hovering over the vote button for him as well, but I don't think it's a particularly straightforward choice.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, RiG said:

Agree with most of this. Carson only played half the season because of injury so you would normally think it's a bit of a joke to have someone like that up for PoTY but he was excellent in the second half of the season when he featured especially considering the position he had to play in the team. Mackay and Toddy as you say only really hit a good run of form in the second part of the campaign. Allardice started strongly but I think he faded a bit as the season wore one, especially after McCann came in where he seemed to drop off a lot. I don't have him picking up too many MotM points for the last few months. We have a few players who had a strong first or second half of the campaign but none I would say were truly consistent throughout with the possible exception of Ridgers?

And people are more likely to remember the good run of form of recent weeks than the barren run where we secured one win in thirteen games a few months back which will almost certainly skew votes towards the likes of Carson.

Not to say he wouldn't be worthy winner of course, I'm hovering over the vote button for him as well, but I don't think it's a particularly straightforward choice.

This reaslly was a season of two halves. You look at the goals of the season at the beginning and we were really hitting form and the performance against QofS on TV was superb. At that stage there's no Carson, Toddy or Dan in the mix atall. Few weeks later its all mixed up and some folk on here and socials are suggestign Dan is absoltuely woeful and should never be near the team. Roll on a few weeks and he's a world beater. Brad McKay went from donkey to stalwart. Really tough one this season. Where are we in the mix for MoM stats from this site? That might give us a better balance?  

I've ended up going for Ridgers for PotY simply because I think he was the most consistent over the entire season.

YPotY I've gone for MacKay because he rebounded from criticism from many (myself included) to be a standout most weeks recently. Deas perhaps a bit unlucky here but perhaps I've got the County goal sway it for me.

And GotY, as referenced above, was MacKay's "Kaka-esque" strike against Ro$$ County. A superb collection of goals to pick from but the initial control, run and dart in between two defenders before a decent finish swayed it over MacGregors superb controlled pass / shot against Queen of the South.

43 minutes ago, RiG said:

I've ended up going for Ridgers for PotY simply because I think he was the most consistent over the entire season.

YPotY I've gone for MacKay because he rebounded from criticism from many (myself included) to be a standout most weeks recently. Deas perhaps a bit unlucky here but perhaps I've got the County goal sway it for me.

And GotY, as referenced above, was MacKay's "Kaka-esque" strike against Ro$$ County. A superb collection of goals to pick from but the initial control, run and dart in between two defenders before a decent finish swayed it over MacGregors superb controlled pass / shot against Queen of the South.

Hard to disagree with any of that. However, when I voted earlier, I did disagree with one element.

I was torn between Ridgers and Carson for POY and, very narrowly, went for the latter.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic