tm4tj

I thought that in the first half we showed a lot of good movement up front giving options for Welsh and Allan They won a lot of possession and rarely wasted it.  It was Welsh who played a peach of a pass to MacKay for the opener.  When MacKay and Sutherland were subbed we were a lot more static up front and we resorted to balls going square and back too often.  Young Lyall looked a talent and it is a shame he hasn't had a bit more game time in his spell here.

It was a game we should have won but I guess that with nothing particular at stake, it is inevitable there wasn't quite the edge to the motivation.  A draw was a fair result at the end of the day.

Just a word on Robbie Deas who put in another excellent performance today.  Robbie has been ever present in the team this season.  He only turned 21 earlier this year but has put in some  mature performances alongside the more experienced Danny Devine.  They have formed a solid partnership and it is worth noting that the final table shows that only Champions Hearts have conceded less goals than us.  Robbie, as a defender, may not get the accolades that the attacking players get, but he has been a real star for us this season.  Well done Robbie!

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

I’m sorry but I feel ever so let down.  ICT could have gone out on a high but, no, just again an uninspiring draw.   Now we have to wait nearly three months before another game and, even then will we be allowed to be actually there.   The lockdown is easing, I felt so safe at the Stadium last December when allowed to see the game, so why couldn’t we have been there tonight?  It could have made a difference to the performance.  The easing of lockdown seems to be aimed at pubs etc instead of fans wanting to see our teams.   Sorry, on hindsight, maybe I should be sending this to the Scottish Government and not this forum but I just wanted to vent my spleen as the saying goes.  Sorry again.  Don’t castigate this old fan.  

• Like 1
  • Well Said 2

• tm4tj unpinned this topic