Football Unites against discrimination

Scotty

Governing and league bodies across both the men’s and women’s games join forces with clubs to cease activity on social media from 15:00 BST on Friday 30 April to 23:59 BST on Monday 3 May. Not sure if this was aimed at supporter sites and their social media channels, but in the interests of solidarity and because we wholeheartedly support the ethos, we will also cease any and all social media posts from tomorrow until Tuesday. The forum will operate as normal, we just wont be promoting anything to our FB/Twitter etc.  #FootballUnites

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scottish-football-unites-to-support-social-media-boycott/?rid=13929

football-unites-website-card.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thank You 1

Online abuse in all walks of life should not be accepted and I support the players and teams on this one.  I have posted here online my thoughts after a game where I thought a player had a bad game along with players who played well which I would regard as my personal view but would never go online on their twitter and give abuse which is the way it should be.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The ******* irony of that. "We need to unite against racism"...meanwhile a player that was racially abused ALMOST TWO MONTHS AGO is being left in the dark.

I fully back what they're getting at, but when they're taking the moral high ground on this but doing seemingly nothing when it actually happens is a joke

• Agree 2

42 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

The ******* irony of that. "We need to unite against racism"...meanwhile a player that was racially abused ALMOST TWO MONTHS AGO is being left in the dark.

I fully back what they're getting at, but when they're taking the moral high ground on this but doing seemingly nothing when it actually happens is a joke

Yes, that was not lost on me either, but the more clubs or people who participate the more they can be shamed into getting their own house in order and not just paying lip service to it. 

• Agree 2

• tm4tj unpinned this topic