Summer rebuild thread

CaleyTennis

I didn't want to post this in the squad update thread because it is also one I want to be used for potential signings/rumours and even one where we can discuss pre season friendlies, basically just so that we have something to discuss until the Euros (I presume we'll all be watching that as patriotic Scots) or July 31st when we start the next season. 

I am going to start with a rumour I saw on P and B (even though I called the guy out as a liar): He says we are linked with Kane Hester and Toddy off to Dundee (Aye right!). 

Anyway, I think it's clear that we need to start turning draws into wins so we probably need to target strikers during the summer. I see on the Ayr matchday thread that we should look to loan young Aaron Lyall again, I actually would welcome that too. 

As for pre season friendlies, I hope we look at bigger opponents, I would like a friendly v Barrow perhaps. 

To get bigger challenges in pre-season games will probably need us to travel, so cost may be an issue.

We played Fleetwood, a club close to my heart as I lived near Blackpool for a number of years as they were climbing through the league structure, so possibly a mini tour playing the likes of Carlisle, Barrow, Morecambe, Fleetwood and Blackpool?

It would need sponsorship to cover the travel and accommodation costs, but could be good for building team spirit etc.

Sadly I doubt we could find a way of affording it. 

As has been said, I think that a mini tour of the north of England would be ideal but probably beyond us financially.

However, with foreign travel still being difficult, I wonder if their would be some potential for collaboration with the likes of County and Elgin to try to persuade two or three English Championship or League One clubs to prepare for their season with a mini tour of the Highlands ?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Relating to above, I think a game against Newcastle or Sunderland reserves would be a nice wee test for the team, and could get a decent attendance. Also need to mention that we're still waiting for this 25th Anniversary big game, so maybe some talks with Augsburg would be good.

5 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

County scramble to safely on the last day of the season

Pity, Highland derbies would have added some spice and, more importantly, much needed additional income to next season.

They still have two games to go...

Edited by RiG

Home to Hamilton on the 12th and away to Motherwell on the 16th. Hamilton play Kilmarnock, the other team in the mix, on the 16th. It could go down to the wire but if County beat Hamilton, Highland derbies sadly look unlikely next season.

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Home to Hamilton on the 12th and away to Motherwell on the 16th. Hamilton play Kilmarnock, the other team in the mix, on the 16th. It could go down to the wire but if County beat Hamilton, Highland derbies sadly look unlikely next season.

Come on Hamilton :lol:

• Agree 1