Results / Table - Game 34 FINAL

Gringo

A disappointing end to a disappointing (and strange) season. 

It gives me great pleasure to hand over the NPL Trophy to caleycalum. After a slow start to the season he picked up the pace and finished ahead of MrCaleyjag by nine points.

We've had several players hitting the top spot:

CDN Girl 1 week
Mrs Gringo 2 weeks
MrCaleyjag 4 weeks
SOS 6 weeks
Robert 15 weeks
caleycalum 6 weeks

My attempts of retaining the title faded with a Caley Thistle like under performance. Despite having three Jokers to play it was a bridge too far.

So, lets here it for caleycalum - take a bow that man. The bragging rights are yours to have until next season. :notworthy::ictscarf:

Game 34

Stats

Correct H/T    5
Correct F/T    1
Correct ICT Scorer    2
Correct Opp Scorer    1 [Mrs Gringo]
Correct Crowd    0
Within 100 Crowd    0

Your Points

Mrs Gringo    16 :joker:+8  :banana:
SOS    14 :joker:+7
lilmissictbabe    12 :joker:+6
Caley Braveheart    10
DoofersDad    6
CaleyCanary    4 :joker:+2
caleycalum    4 :joker:+2
Caleyjag    4 :joker:+2
CDN Girl    4 :joker:+2
Gringo    4 :joker:+2
Ictross    4 :joker:+2
Jock Watt    4 :joker:+2
MrCaleyjag    4:joker:+2
old caley girl    4 :joker:+2
Scotty    4 :joker:+2
Doofer    3
JodieC95    2 :joker:+1
Robert    2 :joker:+1
Caley Mad in Berks    1

:cry:
bughtmaster    0
Joonya    0
Kingsmills    0

Table 34 - FINAL

01 - 171 -     caleycalum  :party:
02 - 162 -     MrCaleyjag 
03 - 158 -     old caley girl
04 - 156 -     Robert
05 - 153 -     Mrs Gringo
06 - 151 -     Gringo
07 - 147 -     Ictross
08 - 141 -     Caleyjag
09 - 140 -     DoofersDad
10 - 139 -     CaleyCanary

11 - 135 -     Scotty
12 - 134 -     Caley Braveheart
13 - 129 -     SOS
14 - 128 -     Caley Mad in Berks
15 - 122 -     CDN Girl
16 - 112 -     Doofer
17 - 111 -     JodieC95
18 - 107 -     Joonya
19 - 106 -     bughtmaster
20 - 105 -     lilmissictbabe
21 - 101 -     Kingsmills
22 - 59 -     Jock Watt
23 - 18 -     RedCard
24 - 3 -     Tichy_Blacks_Back
25 - 2 -     Cal's Thistle

• Well Said 1

Well done caleycalum!

Thanks to Gringo for continuing this. A welcome bit of light relief and an enjoyable contest.

Here’s to next season!

Edited by Robert
  • Thank You 1

I'll echo those thanks to Gringo for the NPL and also for the less popular but equally enjoyable Prediction League. This year, everybody in the Prediction  League had a top 10 finish so it would be great if more joined in next season to make it more competitive.

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Where on the site is the Prediction League? I’ve searched but cannot locate it. Possibly me being dense!

Top of page. Hover mouse over Features and move across to Prediction League. :twothumbsup: Be good to have you and others on board next season.

cto.jpg

It would be great if a few more joined but I guess CTO is being taking over by other social media outlets. Numbers have gradually decreased in recent years in the NPL and NAPS contests. 

Well done Calum, that was a tight run contest this year so a very worthy win, well deserved bragging rights in the household! Have to echo the thanks to Gringo for the running of all 3 comps - that takes some effort so cheers pal, you done good!

Can understand the drop in numbers for the prediction league as per Robert's  post, for any new members it's hard to find if you don't know where to look or even that it's there in the first place. My favourite comp (and the most frustrating coz we all get so many wrong!) is the NAPS contest - great fun! 

Looking forward to next season already - what you gonna do with all the spare time on your hands now Gringo?   😀

• Like 1
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, CaleyCanary said:

Well done Calum, that was a tight run contest this year so a very worthy win, well deserved bragging rights in the household! Have to echo the thanks to Gringo for the running of all 3 comps - that takes some effort so cheers pal, you done good!

Can understand the drop in numbers for the prediction league as per Robert's  post, for any new members it's hard to find if you don't know where to look or even that it's there in the first place. My favourite comp (and the most frustrating coz we all get so many wrong!) is the NAPS contest - great fun! 

Looking forward to next season already - what you gonna do with all the spare time on your hands now Gringo?   😀

Yes, the PL is well hidden maybe @Scotty could make it more prominent?

Also agree that the NAPS is very frustrating but can be fun.

All the competitions have been a tough call this season. Dates and kick off times being the most annoying and trying to keep them up to date. Competitors in the NAPS dwindled away when the offer of prize money was withdrawn and me not wanting to go down the route of having a entry fee. Yes, that would have given us a prize pot but I wasn't in my comfort zone of taking money off folk.

Even the NPL lost it's trophy a few seasons back. The trophy was always purchased in Inverness but I wasn't getting up there as often in recent years to arrange. Looking back through the NPL achieve, season 2003/04 had 87 contestants. 

As for all the spare time on my hands now....are the pubs open yet? I will be giving some thought to continuing the NAPS Comp and how to attract more punters and/or a prize.

Thanks all for your kind support 

• Like 2

I started the season late so might as well post on here late:    Just a big thank you Gringo for all your hard work,     please  keep it going mate, keeps us oldies fantasising about the old days when we could play.  :twothumbsup:

• Thank You 1

• Gringo unpinned this topic