Play Offs

Robert

It looks unlikely that Brora will make the play off decider against Brechin after losing the first leg against Kelty 2-0 at home.

What about Falkirk? They have totally imploded, losing 5 of their last 6, and missed the League 1 play offs, being pipped for fourth by Montrose, who join Airdrie and Cove in the race for the Championship.

Elgin are still in the running after beating Queens Park to squeeze into the League 2 play offs. 

Edited by Robert

What a remarkable collapse by Falkirk. Two weeks ago they lost top spot, sacked the management team, Gary Holt takes over and things go from bad to worse. Glad they aren’t coming up though.

I find these play offs so confusing (it's my age). Queens Park crowned champions and in the play off's..go figure. I also find Falkirk's collapse astonishing. And, yes, looks like the Brora challenge has come to an end. They've had a remarkable season though. I'm sure the other teams in league 2 aren't too upset about not having to travel up there though.

Earlier this century there was a lower league team who collapsed far more spectacularly than Falkirk. Can’t remember who it was but they were well clear at the top of the league at one point. There were rumours on football forums that at that point some of the players put bets on them NOT winning the league but that was probably just speculation to explain their subsequent collapse, I don’t think there was any evidence.

5 hours ago, Gringo said:

I find these play offs so confusing (it's my age). Queens Park crowned champions and in the play off's.

Queens Park are promoted as Champions. The bottom team in League 1 is relegated also, this being Forfar.

Tbe teams in the play offs are those finishing 2nd, 3rd and 4th (Edinburgh City, Elgin City and Stranraer) along with the team finishing 9th in League 1 (either Clyde or Dumbarton: Clyde need to beat East Fife tomorrow to avoid dropping into the play offs).

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Robert said:

Queens Park are promoted as Champions. The bottom team in League 1 is relegated also, this being Forfar.

Tbe teams in the play offs are those finishing 2nd, 3rd and 4th (Edinburgh City, Elgin City and Stranraer) along with the team finishing 9th in League 1 (either Clyde or Dumbarton: Clyde need to beat East Fife tomorrow to avoid dropping into the play offs).

Hope that helps!

As clear as a foggy day in Blackpool :rotflmao::twothumbsup:

20 hours ago, RiG said:

Delighted that Falkirk won't have a chance to come up. Hands down one of the worst away day experiences in Scotland.

I could agree to that in their current location. However, the Highland Marchers will always have a respect for the club / fans after the welcome we received on that inaugural event.

• Agree 1

Late drama. Elgin staying down as Edinburgh City score a late equaliser to face Dumbarton in the final.

Rory scores late for Cove but Airdrie score even later. So no nearer to seeing who’s joining us as Morton, Montrose, Airdrie and Cove all face extra time.

Edit - Morton and Airdrie score late in extra time to put out Montrose and Cove. Final next Tuesday and Friday.

Edited by TheMantis
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2021 at 7:31 AM, Gringo said:

I could agree to that in their current location. However, the Highland Marchers will always have a respect for the club / fans after the welcome we received on that inaugural event.

Aye, Brockville was always a good away day. Even had a beer tent.

Brechin 0 Kelty 1. A dour game means Brechin becomes a good day out in the HFL.

Hard to believe now that we were playing Brechin only four seasons ago in our first season back in the Championship.

There fall since has been absolutely spectacular.

Shame about Brora but good to see some new blood in the league in the shape of Kelty Hearts.

• 2 months later...
On 5/23/2021 at 9:05 PM, Kingsmills said:

Derek Adams leads Morecambe to the final of the English League 2 play off.

An excellent incentive to support Newport County in that final.

Boo!