Robbo Moving On...

SMEE

1 hour ago, CaleyThistle98 said:

Hearing that Michael Beale the rangers first team coach has put his name in the hat. 

If true, that's probably a ploy for the Rangers to give him a substantial pay rise.  I've heard it said that their success this year is due more to Beale than Gerrard, and they won't want to lose him.  Having said that, he is somebody who may well want to have a managerial career. Taking a head coach role at an ambitious smaller club with the support of someone like Robbo may well be the perfect stepping stone for him, even it it means taking a pay cut.  I imagine many of the more established managers would not want to work under a sporting director so I would expect a younger, relatively unknown person to be appointed.

• tm4tj pinned and featured this topic

The closing date for applications is Friday 21st to not far away, which could imply a desire to get someone in quite quickly.

Like others, I don’t think McCann is interested in it full time. Whether Dodds is remains to be seen.

Are there any up and coming Managers in the Highland League who could develop under Robbo’s guidance  and fancy a full time role? Stephen MacKay of Brora (ignoring that he used to play for County)?

Edited by Robert

16 minutes ago, Robert said:

The closing date for applications is Friday 21st to not far away, which could imply a desire to get someone in quite quickly.

Or that they already know who they want and are just testing the water to see if anyone else bites .... 

Completely forgot about these guys when I was mentioning the names likely to be mentioned, especially seeing as both are ex and current Hearts staff members: Jon Daly (he's not there anymore) and John Rankin (think he's reserve coach). 

Not saying either are ones I'd consider though. 

Guys like Garry Warren, Carl Tremarco, David Raven or Ross Draper may show an interest.  However, there will be a lot of players coming up Just look at  to retirement with coaching badges  who are likely to apply. Just look at St Johnston's success this year.  Ardiles will no doubt apply as usual but Zidane may struggle with the Scottish accent.  Billy Dodds would seek to bring back a strong attacking philosophy if he applies. Derek MacInnes .....was a good manager.

All sounds bonkers to me. Great to see JR fit and healthy and he is welcome back but........has someone on the board got lucky on the lottery? We are constantly going told about financial hardship.....and now this! As for a manager (or head coach) there will obviously be less money in the pot to attract anything approaching a name. Bazza may be it........What would our commentator have to say about that?

Unimpressed but good luck as usual

• Well Said 1

https://mcbookie.com/event/512477/next-permanent-inverness-ct-manager.

Strangely enough, no employees of the club are on this list of odds and Mr Beale is 10/1 so he seems unlikely.

Jim McIntyre odds seem pretty high for someone that I imagine will be firmly in the running.

Imho, any of the top 5 (though Petrie and Young are unlikely due to compensation due) would be fine with me, I'd probably plump for Barry Robson though as he is young and probably wouldn't be much compensation wise. 

On Billy Dodds though, would he give up his punditry and media work? He's a regular on BBC Scotland as summariser and also appears regularly on Sportsound etc. 

15 hours ago, Naelifts said:

All sounds bonkers to me. Great to see JR fit and healthy and he is welcome back but........has someone on the board got lucky on the lottery? We are constantly going told about financial hardship.....and now this! As for a manager (or head coach) there will obviously be less money in the pot to attract anything approaching a name. Bazza may be it........What would our commentator have to say about that?

Unimpressed but good luck as usual

Jeez mun - Can you not guess the name of a specific individual who would dosh out a sponsorship deal in gratitude or a wee bit of a power play ?

On 5/13/2021 at 9:22 PM, Jack Waddington said:

Actually, have they talked to the lad who offered to manage the team in exchange for homework help the other year?

Good shout - If ICT provided the wee man with home schooling over the last 12 months he should be doing it fer feckin free ?!!

Like others I wonder how we can afford a sporting director on top of a chief executive when we had the begging bowl out 2 years ago. Glad Robbo is fit to come back. I did think some ambassador role would suit him to a tee. With a sporting director I assume we are bringing in an inexperienced first team coach. Whoever we get needs imho a good contacts book for young loan deals. That was the one area McCann definitely outshone Robbo.

Edited by iwannabeadored
  • Agree 3

37 minutes ago, Jockdoonsouth said:

Stevie Crawford resigns from the Pars. Could it be linked with our vacancy?

I'd imagine it's highly unlikely. He's been well backed and not delivered so time for him to move on and for them to try someone new.

On 5/14/2021 at 10:27 AM, gingerjaggy said:

I wouldnt return to Terry Butcher in fact if he was to return i would rather in the role Robbo is in. He is currently a coach with Keiron Dyer with the Ipswich Town u23s so i doubt he will return

Terry Butcher was the right man for the right time and raised the profile of the club and laid the foundations for the success that followed.

However, even in the unlikely event he would return, he is no longer the right person and the time is not right for such an appointment quite apart from the disrespectful manner in which he engineered and conducted his disastrous move to Easter Road.

An important part of our past but time to move on.

• Agree 1

I would think that most candidates applying to ICT will also be applying to Dunfermline, and probably Falkirk too. It’s maybe a bit unfortunate for us that there are now vacancies at 2 similar sized clubs who have the advantage over us of not requiring relocation to the Highlands.

8 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

I would think that most candidates applying to ICT will also be applying to Dunfermline, and probably Falkirk too. It’s maybe a bit unfortunate for us that there are now vacancies at 2 similar sized clubs who have the advantage over us of not requiring relocation to the Highlands.

I daresay uncle Roy might be sniffing around for a new manager as well...PL club/wage vs championship club/wage...No contest really. Until Hughes gets an extension or the boot several possibles will be sitting tight.

3 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Terry Butcher was the right man for the right time and raised the profile of the club and laid the foundations for the success that followed.

However, even in the unlikely event he would return, he is no longer the right person and the time is not right for such an appointment quite apart from the disrespectful manner in which he engineered and conducted his disastrous move to Easter Road.

An important part of our past but time to move on.

I was just making a reply to what someone said about Terry Butcher earlier in the thread. I don't think he will come back and I wouldnt want him back at ICT now so we agree haha

• tm4tj unpinned this topic