Robbo Moving On...

SMEE

1 hour ago, Stirling Observer said:

However he has left with Livi's goalkeeping coach. Can't see Esson being punted. Rumours Fox/Caig will join Hearts coaching staff

Direct from Livi:

"Caigy leaves Livingston to focus on developing his existing role within the goalkeeping department at the Scottish FA whilst Foxy moves on to pastures new, with an opportunity to progress his coaching career elsewhere."

We may have our answer!?

Liam Fox joined Hibs from Livi.

He was never going to join us, our closing date for applications today with interviews next week and he wouldn’t quit have his job without having something concrete lined up.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Liam Fox joined Hibs from Livi.

He was never going to join us, our closing date for applications today with interviews next week and he wouldn’t quit have his job without having something concrete lined up.

Since he is not coming, is his Mum available - Sam? 

On 5/18/2021 at 12:34 PM, Jack Waddington said:

Roy Hodgson must've heard about the vacancy cos he's just left Palace...

Good grief no!

He's a lovely man and all that, but Palace have conceded more goals this season than virtually anyone bar the relegated, and our forward play has been pretty dire!

2 hours ago, Eagle4Caley said:

Good grief no!

He's a lovely man and all that, but Palace have conceded more goals this season than virtually anyone bar the relegated, and our forward play has been pretty dire!

But he has easily kept you in the EPL with one of the most limited budgets.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Pele_Is_God said:

Paul Sheerin is the new Falkirk boss so that rules him out. Still think it’s going to be Dodds, would be happy with that.

Peanut is an excellent coach. That is a good appointment for The Bairns 

24 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Peanut is an excellent coach. That is a good appointment for The Bairns 

Good move for Paul. Barry Robson will have a good shout for our job I think but I do agree Billy Dodds is probably favourite.

5 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

But he has easily kept you in the EPL with one of the most limited budgets.

Hmm..according to  https://www.spotrac.com/epl/payroll/   Palace have the 7th highest wage bill in the EPL ...only the 'Big 6' have a higher wage bill, it has certainly limited who we could bring in the past couple of years, but in theory, we are not a team of donkeys.

It certainly is interesting to see Caley assemble teams on a shoestring on a regular basis, that at least entertain [some days], and put the effort in [most days] and vie for the top places or play-offs.

He has. But wouldn’t stop him from applying or being spoken to. He’s probably the kind of young untried type that would fit the bill. Why are more names not been thrown in the hat? Surely there are scores of applicants and names interested?! 

I'm hoping a journalist leaks info on who's on the shortlist lol.

I reckon Barry Robson will be interviewed and possibly Paul Telfer again.

I reckon we will know by early to late Tuesday who's going to be manager, STV broke the news about Butcher and Robertson the night before both got appointed if I recall. 

I personally, hope its a young guy looking to take his first step into management instead of a first team coach or assistant such as Dodds or Fox etc. 

40 minutes ago, CaleyTennis said:

I reckon we will know by early to late Tuesday who's going to be manager, STV broke the news about Butcher and Robertson the night before both got appointed if I recall. 

I personally, hope its a young guy looking to take his first step into management instead of a first team coach or assistant such as Dodds or Fox etc. 

Paul Telfer? Maybe wrong but his last job in football was in 2015 in America. Surely there are better candidates out there than him.

Edited by SteveA

1 hour ago, CaleyTennis said:

I would rather just wait and find out when the club makes the announcement which is the way it should be.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic