Robbo Moving On...

SMEE

21 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Charlie twiddling his thumbs after not being asked about the job...

He could apply but he has said before he does not want it.

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, IBM said:

I would rather just wait and find out when the club makes the announcement which is the way it should be.

Aye but how boring is that - nowt wrong with a good bit of idle gossip, rumour and banter to brighten up the summer months.

• Agree 1

Here are the latest odds from McBookie. Dodds remains their hot favourite, but I’d be surprised if it was him given the public advertising of the post. Hughes only appeared on the list yesterday morning, many hours before it was announced he was leaving County, so somebody clearly knew that was about to happen. 

FAD32092-2EBA-4D23-9FB7-BF56879A465A.jpeg

Just the usual list of folk kicking about Scottish football at the moment. Some of the names aren't feasible. Darren Young just signed a two year extension to his contract at East Fife so he's not coming in and Liam Fox has gone to Hibs only in the last few days as a coach. Unless we fork out cash for these guys they aren't a starter.

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

Here are the latest odds from McBookie. Dodds remains their hot favourite, but I’d be surprised if it was him given the public advertising of the post. Hughes only appeared on the list yesterday morning, many hours before it was announced he was leaving County, so somebody clearly knew that was about to happen. 

FAD32092-2EBA-4D23-9FB7-BF56879A465A.jpeg

Out of that list, I'd be more than happy to get Robinson in as the new coach, did pretty well at Motherwell and knows how to work on a tight budget as well

Any appointment has to be within our budget, work with Robbo and want to relocate working in the championship.

Lots of unrealistic names on that list IMO and quite a few duds that will offer nothing new or progressive.

Surprised Barry Ferguson isn't being considered or likes of Steven Naismith as a young ambitious guy who can learn from Robbo

20 hours ago, CaleyCanary said:

No thank you, once was enough! Cannot see his ego working well alongside Robbo...

No need to worry on that front. John Hughes didnt even wait until he parted company with the club before burning those bridges.

He did that by picking a public argument with the board and the then chairman by arguing through his friends in the football media at a time when he had just been given a new contract making him the highest paid manager in our history armed with a player budget, by a considerable margin, the largest in our history, that he should be given yet more money that we didnt have.

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 2

2 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Any appointment has to be within our budget, work with Robbo and want to relocate working in the championship.

Lots of unrealistic names on that list IMO and quite a few duds that will offer nothing new or progressive.

Surprised Barry Ferguson isn't being considered or likes of Steven Naismith as a young ambitious guy who can learn from Robbo

He's going to Alloa.

29 minutes ago, Pele_Is_God said:

Don Cowie linked with us. No thanks

I have seen a lot of Tweets from our fans saying basically the same thing but worded a bit stronger.

can i I ask why its a resounding no from you, is it because he's a coach at Loss County or are there other reasons? It sounds like he is a "well respected coach" plus he's an ex player so tbh, he's a better shout than most linked bar 2 (Dodds and Robson).

My preference is still Barry Robson but I would be happy with Billy or Don too.

1 hour ago, CaleyTennis said:

I plus he's an ex player so tbh,

Never understood this logic by so many fans in football, many of the most successful managers in history never have any affiliation to the clubs they join. Just because someone played their doesn't mean they will do a good job, much better to find out philosophy, desire and that their direction aligns with the club hierarchy.

4 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Apparently C*unty are trying their damndest to bring Neil McCann on board. 

Scratch that, they've gone for the *ahem* questionable, Malky Mackay. Absolute miles from who I would've chosen, but I suppose being socially controversial goes hand in hand...

Malky Mackay over the bridge would be absolute class and the latest in a long line of abysmal appointments made by Uncle Roy at both his vanity project and day job.  Talk about tone deaf. RCFC - the living embodiment of all the gear no idea. 

• Well Said 1

I have a feeling that John Kennedy will be the new County manager.

I have no idea who we will appoint but hoping to be enlightened by the end of this week.

Important to get someone in place sooner rather than later to prepare for next season.

13 hours ago, TheMantis said:

A lot of County fans dreading that Uncle Roy might appoint Cowie. Could be the new Foran.

Why go for the ‘new Foran’ when they could get the original? Please? 😀

• Funny 3

5 hours ago, ymip said:

Malky Mackay over the bridge would be absolute class and the latest in a long line of abysmal appointments made by Uncle Roy at both his vanity project and day job.  Talk about tone deaf. RCFC - the living embodiment of all the gear no idea. 

Unbelievably they have appointed MM. Absolutely mind boggling.

Pure class. C*unty have appointed Alky Malky McKay as their boss. We were the dominate and respected club in the Highlands before but now we are untouchable as far as county are concerned. We would have to appoint Fred West as our new manager to out do C%unty!!!

malky.jpeg

• Funny 1

38 minutes ago, RiG said:

Unbelievably they have appointed MM. Absolutely mind boggling.

Wow. Just wow. 

Who's going to be his Assistant? 

Rolf Harris? 

Edited by aaroncoganshogun

• tm4tj unpinned this topic