Hook the Fish!!

I see Alex Fisher is a free agent. 

Whilst not always for players returning, I would like to see him back. 

All round positive guy and was a fans favourite.

Thoughts? 

Edited by aaroncoganshogun
Typo

1 hour ago, aaroncoganshogun said:

I see Alex Fisher is a free agent. 

Whilst not always for players returning, I would like to see him back. 

All round positive guy and was a fans favourite.

Thoughts? 

I'd be all for that. Big question mark over Toddy staying so he would be ideal replacement 

I would have Alex Fisher back - goals there certainly.  He was here in the Foran era and Foran benched him for coming back from England late for training.   Maybe he was jealous Alex was more popular than Foran though he was!    Feed the Fish - oh yes please.  

• Well Said 1

I’d take Fisher back, even as back up for Toddy.

I assume Storey will depart so, with Sutherland, he would give us three front men, with Sutherland also able to play in the number 10 role.

He did well when given game time in our relegation season and seemed to have a good work ethic on the pitch. He has had little game time at Exeter this season but a move could well suit him and us. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I would have him back assuming he would be willing to return within our current pay structure.

He was badly treated the last time he was at the club and a return could well prove much more fruitful for both parties than his first spell.

• Agree 2

He’s also struggled for game time this season and, as you say, his wage demands will be almost certainly be well out of our reach.

Some second spells work well, others fail dismally, so any such move is a gamble, but if Fisher is affordable, I would take the chance.

As Satan says though, it is the club’s call. 

• Agree 1

It is enlightening from a psychological view that peeps routinely publicise names from the past who never really set the place on fire in the first place. And even more psycholgically interesting that Satan is usually the first poster to point out the faux-pas ?

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

It is enlightening from a psychological view that peeps routinely publicise names from the past who never really set the place on fire in the first place. And even more psycholgically interesting that Satan is usually the first poster to point out the faux-pas ?

I did say,  'Whilst not always for players returning'  

So I don't routinely follow the vibe you are highlighting.

Fisher was committed and did well enough for us in the Premiership. 

4 years later we are a mid table Championship team, who repeatedly haven't been able to escape that league up until now.

Alex Fisher is the standard/calibre of player we are likely to attract, at best. 

18 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Unlikely, but it appears the Welsh Beast, Marley Watkins, has been released by Bristol City...could only dream to take him back, can't see it going through due to wage demands tho...

He will have been earning ten times what we can currently afford 

Not a remotely realistic prospect.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

It gives us something to talk about given our season is over!

• Thoughtful 1

On 5/15/2021 at 7:35 PM, Robert said:

It gives us something to talk about given our season is over!

Given that we are searching for a new manager and half a squad for next season, I am anticipating there will be a fair bit to talk about over the next few weeks.

• Agree 1