Scot Gardiner open interview

tm4tj

So in summary...

- Inexperienced head coach incoming with potential. 

- Relaying of pitch.

- Concerts lined up.

- Fans forum for dialogue with board.

- ICTV to be part of season ticket package.

- McCann was offered job and declined.

Probably missed a few bits, I'm sure someone will fill in the gaps.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Stirling Observer said:

So in summary...

- Inexperienced head coach incoming with potential. 

- Relaying of pitch.

- Concerts lined up.

- Fans forum for dialogue with board.

- ICTV to be part of season ticket package.

- McCann was offered job and declined.

Probably missed a few bits, I'm sure someone will fill in the gaps.

Didn't hear him say that the new head coach will be inexperienced. 

Pleased to read that we at least offered Neil McCann the job.

That shows ambition despite our constrained financial circumstances.

Proper, constructive and regular communication between the board and the fans is welcome and long overdue.

Let's hope that there is a sincere commitment to that and not something that they are merely paying lip service to.

• Agree 3

Exciting times ahead with a new head coach and developments within the club. This is more like it, good communications doesn't hurt anyone. I like the idea of sensible interviews with someone who seems to know what behind the scenes football is all about. 👏👏👍

• Agree 2

There’s also a reference to this structural change being brought about partly by circumstance. I can’t help wondering if it is the case that, for whatever reason, the manager role isn’t suitable for Robbo any more, so we’ve created this position because we were committed to pay him for another 2 years anyway.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, caleyboy said:

Exciting times ahead with a new head coach and developments within the club. This is more like it, good communications doesn't hurt anyone. I like the idea of sensible interviews with someone who seems to know what behind the scenes football is all about. 👏👏👍

The cynic in me thinks its ST renewal time. However any improved communication welcome 

• Agree 6

I’m not surprised Robbo doesn’t have it in him to carry on as manager. Not only for personal reasons , but last year we were 2nd in the league behind Dundee Utd with no prospects of improving or advancing through the play offs. That was a kick in the teeth virus or not. 

23 hours ago, caleyboy said:

Didn't hear him say that the new head coach will be inexperienced. 

Sorry I should have clearer. Reading between the lines he was hinting that the new 'head coach' will be inexperienced/cheap option.

Several times he mentioned it could be... An assistant manager who is ready to step up, or promising coach with potential and the board would be thinking outside the box etc etc.

6 minutes ago, Stirling Observer said:

Sorry I should have clearer. Reading between the lines he was hinting that the new 'head coach' will be inexperienced/cheap option.

Several times he mentioned it could be... An assistant manager who is ready to step up, or promising coach with potential and the board would be thinking outside the box etc etc.

Billy Dodds?  Although I don't think he would be a cheap option, whoever it is will have to work with the coaching team that we have and will not bring in their own people.  Even throughout the problems that Covid has brought the club have been working behind the scenes on the business side which is very important in our way forward and I hope the plan works.

17 hours ago, old caley girl said:

The cynic in me thinks its ST renewal time. However any improved communication welcome 

Just what I was thinking. Haven’t heard much since we paid for last years tickets 

1 hour ago, jagster said:

Just what I was thinking. Haven’t heard much since we paid for last years tickets 

I am sure that the fans will be watching closely to see whether this is indeed genuine rather than a cynical ploy to sell season tickets.

Mr Gardiner has not proved to be the best communicator so far in his tenure.

However, we know that John Robertson has genuine empathy for the fans and is an excellent communicator.

Given that he no longer has the burden of coaching responsibilities, perhaps this is a role he could perform as part of his new remit.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

39 minutes ago, ictbob said:

I've got a feeling they already know who will be the next manager and are going through the motions. No manager worth there salt would want to work under Robertson. 

Why?

Saying all the right things but I've heard such things before so we'll see what comes to fruition. 

Still no apology for our woeful streaming service this season though which ST holders paid through nose for. I get the impression SG doesn't like to admit when he gets things wrong. 

Edited by Fraz
  • Agree 1

On 5/20/2021 at 10:49 PM, Fraz said:

Saying all the right things but I've heard such things before so we'll see what comes to fruition. 

Still no apology for our woeful streaming service this season though which ST holders paid through nose for. I get the impression SG doesn't like to admit when he gets things wrong. 

Cheap plug but SG discusses the streaming issues on the latest Wyness Shuffle pod 😉

• Like 1
  • Agree 1