4 seasons down, how many more to go?

4 years ago today we were officially relegated because results elsewhere didn't go to plan despite winning 3-2 against Motherwell on the final day.

As it's going we are on level terms with our first spell in the First Division where we also spent 5 seasons before promotion to the top flight. Is this our year, or are we chained to the Championship?

The answer to that may well become clearer in the next week or so with the appointment of our new head coach.

Get it right and there is no reason why we can't regain our place in the Premiership.

Get it wrong and we could well find ourselves unchained from the Championship in a very different and much less palatable direction.

A big and very important decision to be made very soon.

• Agree 3

The main thing about the Championship, is that it's a lot better than being in League 1!

It does strike me that there tends to be one really strong front runner most seasons, with nearly everyone below fairly even.

Had we retained Dan Mackay for next season and if we Todorov, I would have felt quite confident we could be the front runner, especially if we could sort the wing position, as midfiel, defence and goalkeeping all look strong, or strong enough. Not too much for the next manager to resolve hopefully if there are any funds

2 hours ago, caleyboy said:

Difficult to get out of but will depend on any new signings and who gets the head coach job.

What is the likelihood that the new head coach, very possibly in his first manager role, will immediately be better than Robbo/McCann were?

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

What is the likelihood that the new head coach, very possibly in his first manager role, will immediately be better than Robbo/McCann were?

I think it will depend on his playing style, how current players respond to him and the new signings he makes

3 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Who knows?

They could even be as good as Robertson/Park were...

9 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Calum Davidson hasn't done badly in his first season!

• Agree 2

Honest truth, and I'm happy to be utterly wrong. I think we've found our level and I think we'll be here for some time. 

Edited by Fraz
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Honest truth, and I'm happy to be utterly wrong. I think we've found our level and I think we'll be here for some time. 

I know what you mean Fraz but we are always hoping :smile:

11 hours ago, IBM said:

I know what you mean Fraz but we are always hoping :smile:

A team with no bigger a fan base that ours from a city no longer than ours has comfortably remained in the Premiership and won both domestic cup tournaments.

There is no reason to accept mid table Championship mediocrity.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1