League Cup draw

CaleyTennis

League Cup = pre season warm up this year. 

Get it out the way and on with the Championship. 

It's just ahead of the Challenge Cup but not by much in my book. 

1 hour ago, aaroncoganshogun said:

I agree the Championship is our priority, but I disagree with treating the League Cup as pre season warm ups.

We are often slow starters, so we should be ready for the cup, look to get good results, boost confidence, actually do enough to get into the last 16, and as a result be ready to start the league campaign well.

We all like a cup run and it can bring in extra revenue, which will be badly needed. 

1 hour ago, aaroncoganshogun said:

I didnt feel that way after losing to Aberdeen on penalties at Parkhead or when we won that amazing semi final with 9 men.

• Agree 1

The Challenge Cup only gets interesting when you get to the semis with the chance of a final.

The League Cup only gets interesting at the quarter finals, when you have the chance of a semi final at a neutral venue and you are only 2 games away from a national final.

The Scottish Cup is always interesting.

• Agree 1

Our season starts on Tuesday 13 July, 6 weeks time. We are at home to Peterhead then and to Stirling Albion on Tuesday 17, then we have Cove away on Tuesday 20 and Hearts away on Sunday 25, a tea time kick off and on Premier Sports. 

Edited by Robert

5 hours ago, Robert said:

Our season starts on Tuesday 13 July, 6 weeks time. We are at home to Peterhead then and to Stirling Albion on Tuesday 17, then we have Cove away on Tuesday 20 and Hearts away on Sunday 25, a tea time kick off and on Premier Sports. 

Moving to Level 1 this weekend should allow up to 1000 fans to attend the home games. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Robert said:

Tickets now on sale for the two home games, with socially distanced unallocated seating in the north and south stands. 1000 home fans allowed only. £10 adults.

https://ictfc.com/ticket-info-premier-sports-group-stage-home-matches

Not a big issue as we would be unlikely to top a thousand for these games anyway.

Hopefully, be at least twice that for the start of the league season and much closer to normal soon after that.

• Like 1

Got tickets for both games at lunchtime. In the North Stand for both. Ticket numbers 220 for the Peterhead game and 186 for the Stirling Albion game, so still plenty space left….,

• Like 2

On 7/8/2021 at 11:20 PM, Jack Waddington said:

C*unty losing 3-0 before a ball has even been kicked 😭😭😭

Three games off today. As well as County forfeiting their game against Forfar, Morton have forfeited theirs against Stranraer, as have Dumbarton against St Mirren. In each case they did not have enough players to fulfil the game.

That’s 3 out of 16 games in the cup disrupted by covid. Not a good sign for the early part of the season unless self isolation rules are relaxed due to the numbers vaccinated.

If it continues when the league starts, presumably the games will be rearranged rather than 3-0 results being awarded, given the SPFL had to roll back on the penalties they imposed on clubs last season. 

Edited by Robert

On 7/9/2021 at 8:48 PM, TheCaleyOne said:

Does anybody know if the supporters bus from the bus station will be running this season?

I have checked with someone I know at Stagecoach and they have confirmed the football bus will be running now that fans are allowed back in the ground.

It leaves the Bus Station 45 minutes before kick off, returning after the final whistle.

Hope that helps. 

• Thank You 1

On 7/9/2021 at 6:35 PM, old caley girl said:

Sadly no bar anymore. Being used as a dressing room due to social distancing 

Would you know if any of the serveries will be open for a drink. If not are we allowed to take in a drink of water/juice in a plastic bottle 

10 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Has anyone managed to get tickets for the Cove game, or are they adamant that it's only for home fans?

Closest to a home game for me and I could have got tickets through a Cove fan but am respecting the rule that only home fans should attend for now.

However, I am reasonably confident that that rule will ease at some point in the season.