Billy Dodds is the new ICT Manager

SMEE

21 hours ago, RiG said:

Positives - there was definitely an uptick in form when Dodds came on board towards the end of last season and the players poke highly of him during his time working with them. The club must have liked what they saw during his brief spell as a coach. At least it's more "progressive" than going for some of the donkeys on the list including some former managers that were being banded about.

Negatives - it seems like an appointment of convenience what with him living locally and being available for buttons and I just wonder how much that factors into our decision making at times. As a coach yes everything sounds good but as a manager I am less sure. 

He'll have a good bit of work to do in the transfer market over the summer and he only has a few weeks to get things ready before the League Cup group stages kick off. I guess Robbo will still largely handle player recruitment?

He's Head Coach not Manager. Hiring and Firing will more than likely be the territory of Robbo. Doddsy will be training, team selection, and on the park management. That's how it works with other clubs with Directors and Head Coaches. I can't see a negative as his appearence came about with a massive shift in form for us. I don't think that was a co-incidence ... our strikers couldn't hit a barn door before hea rrived and then all of a sudden we start scoring goals. He knows the team, he knows the club, and there is no expensive resettlement. It's a win win situation.

Final say will be Robertson's, as he will be responsible for football budget and how it's spent.

We're lucky with the two of them having good contacts, and I'm sure a healthy working relationship will involve plenty of player discussion...it'll be up to JR to get the players within our financial constraints.

On 6/2/2021 at 1:11 PM, bughtmaster said:

Actually I heard him say that he will be working with Gardener regarding player recruitment and that he himself will have the final say on who comes in and goes.

The BBC app article on his appointment quotes him as saying he will have the final say, but he’d be crazy not to ask Robbo his view, and they will be working together to identify targets. 

17 hours ago, Robert said:

The BBC app article on his appointment quotes him as saying he will have the final say, but he’d be crazy not to ask Robbo his view, and they will be working together to identify targets. 

That's the BBC. I would take anything they say with a pinch of salt. 

• Like 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic