Season Ticket Update

Robert

6 minutes ago, Robert said:

Details of season tickets should be available soon:

https://ictfc.com/season-tickets-2021-22-update

Maybe someone should remind the CEO that we don't have and have never had tiers in Scotland.

More fundamentally if Hampden can operate in the next few days in Level 2 at 25% capacity, I would be very disappointed if the guidance doesn't allow us at least that proportion of fans if we are in Level 1 or below at the beginning of next season.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 2

I agree that there is a need to allow attendances of at least 25% of our capacity to watch matches at the stadium. That would help make it attractive for fans to renew season tickets. I for one would otherwise be reluctant to renew for this next season. I couldn't bear the prospect of having to resort to watching poor quality streamed matches ever again.

9 hours ago, Row S said:

I agree that there is a need to allow attendances of at least 25% of our capacity to watch matches at the stadium. That would help make it attractive for fans to renew season tickets. I for one would otherwise be reluctant to renew for this next season. I couldn't bear the prospect of having to resort to watching poor quality streamed matches ever again.

Must confess to feeling similar ahead of the new season. Having already given the club extra money at the end of the 2019/20 season and then paid more money per game than PPV purchasers last season I am extremely reluctant to part with any more money unless I can get to games. Even if the new ICTTV setup is better than Pixellot that's not enough for me. If I buy a season ticket I want to go to games. If there is any chance of not getting to games I don't see myself renewing.

• Agree 1

If they're going to do the same as they did last season, I reckon they should look to pressuring the Highland Council to clear the embankment a bit, so unsuccessful fans can actually catch a glimpse of the game. That, or making investments in improving the "stand" on that side of the park, to up the capacity to get those few extra fans in while adhering to the guidelines

16 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

More fundamentally if Hampden can operate in the next few days in Level 2 at 25% capacity, I would be very disappointed if the guidance doesn't allow us at least that proportion of fans if we are in Level 1 or below at the beginning of next season.

The 'guidance' doesn't allow for that proportion of fans in level 1 and below currently, but that's nowt to do with hampden, more like the current administration and their approach to low risk gateway events.

Apparently the fiasco with the Glasgow green fan park is also classed as low risk as well...

The guidance will therefore need to be changed sooner rather than later or the season ticket issue will remain a problem.

4 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

If they're going to do the same as they did last season, I reckon they should look to pressuring the Highland Council to clear the embankment a bit, so unsuccessful fans can actually catch a glimpse of the game. That, or making investments in improving the "stand" on that side of the park, to up the capacity to get those few extra fans in while adhering to the guidelines

do you really think that given the current financial status of the club (which is about to dramatically improve) we would waste money on increasing the capacity of the stadium when we haven't filled it since..... the first game back at caley park?

18 minutes ago, jamie ictfc said:

do you really think that given the current financial status of the club (which is about to dramatically improve) we would waste money on increasing the capacity of the stadium when we haven't filled it since..... the first game back at caley park?

The first game back was against Dunfermline and, although there was a very decent crowd, it was nowhere close to being 'filled'

He is not talking about spending money on permanently increasing the capacity but merely temporarily utilising the West side of the ground to get a few more in on a short term basis during these times of restricted numbers.

In my view, a very sensible suggestion.

7 hours ago, jamie ictfc said:

Wasn't really meaning going all out and building a mirroring stand, was more meaning tidy the stand up a bit and get the overall capacity to 8k, with say a terrace similar to what was had before we went to Shittodrie for a season. It doesn't have to be massive, but I think there'd be a fair few who'd rather be on an enclosed terrace than being blinded by the sun in the main stand, not to mention that we could get a fair chunk more fans through the turnstiles when we're allowed back. It doesn't have to be an expensive thing, just something to reduce the ST Holders being left out, as well as making it a bit less of a ghastly sight. Looking at it, it seems more like an overflow pen (cos that what it was at most games) and run down. And checking out this drone footage, there's more than enough space to build a carbon copy of the small stand on the home end. Which, all in all, shouldn't cost all too much considering the size of the one already in place

It's something beneficial in the short term, that could end up being even more beneficial in the long term.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Apart from the cost, the big problem doing anything on that stand is the presence of the high pressure gas line that runs along the side of the A9. 

I hope I’m not in the minority, but I will be renewing mine when the opportunity arises, even if I cannot attend all the games and need to watch some livestreams.

With 1000 allowed in, assuming we stay in Level 1 and 2000 if we get to Level 0, with 1500 or so season tickets, that means at worst getting to two games out of three, potentially all games.

I’ve missed being at live games so can’t wait. I was lucky to be at the Dundee game in December, and you could see how much the players enjoyed having only 300 fans there. 

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 2

12 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Wasn't really meaning going all out and building a mirroring stand, was more meaning tidy the stand up a bit and get the overall capacity to 8k, with say a terrace similar to what was had before we went to Shittodrie for a season. It doesn't have to be massive, but I think there'd be a fair few who'd rather be on an enclosed terrace than being blinded by the sun in the main stand, not to mention that we could get a fair chunk more fans through the turnstiles when we're allowed back. It doesn't have to be an expensive thing, just something to reduce the ST Holders being left out, as well as making it a bit less of a ghastly sight. Looking at it, it seems more like an overflow pen (cos that what it was at most games) and run down. And checking out this drone footage, there's more than enough space to build a carbon copy of the small stand on the home end. Which, all in all, shouldn't cost all too much considering the size of the one already in place

It's something beneficial in the short term, that could end up being even more beneficial in the long term.

Introducing terracing does us more harm than good I believe, someone more in the know will confirm what that means but I think we’re currently listed as  a gold stadium?  but if we introduce a terrace we become silver? Or something similar.  I don’t think you should be concerned with not getting all season ticket holders in…. 

13 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

It is?  How?

A new sponsorship deal coming in related to the new Hydro scheme at Loch Ness

Edited by jamie ictfc

15 minutes ago, jamie ictfc said:

Introducing terracing does us more harm than good I believe, someone more in the know will confirm what that means but I think we’re currently listed as  a gold stadium?  but if we introduce a terrace we become silver? Or something similar.  I don’t think you should be concerned with not getting all season ticket holders in…. 

A new sponsorship deal coming in related to the new Hydro scheme at Loch Ness

The suggestion is only to utilise the West side on a very temporary basis to get a few more fans in while restrictions remain.

That won't alter the status of the ground in any way.

43 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

The suggestion is only to utilise the West side on a very temporary basis to get a few more fans in while restrictions remain.

That won't alter the status of the ground in any way.

It absolutely does. If we add seats it’s a cost (not cheap at all) otherwise if we allow standing we have to alter our license with the SFA and as it’s standing would lower our stadiums ‘rank’

29 minutes ago, jamie ictfc said:

It absolutely does. If we add seats it’s a cost (not cheap at all) otherwise if we allow standing we have to alter our license with the SFA and as it’s standing would lower our stadiums ‘rank’

We will just have to agree to differ on the impact of introducing a little additional capacity for a short period of time.

7 hours ago, jamie ictfc said:

The ground is rated Silver along with Tynecastle and East End. Also Rugby Park and Hamilton since they will be joining us. All the other grounds in our league are Bronze. We were reviewed in November last year so I don’t think any changes would matter until the next review, although that’s due for 2021 anyway.

Edit- Nowhere in the guidelines does it mention standing/seating, apart from requiring 1000 covered seats at Silver. The other relevant part is that for Silver you must have a safety certificate.

Edited by TheMantis
  • Agree 1

If we were able to get away with a basic tidy-up and 'prettify' of that area and ask the SFA/SPFL to use this - temporarily - in the context of allowing more fans into the game whilst making sure physical distancing recommendations were adhered to then maybe that would work. No point shelling out loads of cash we dont have, or jeopardising stadium ratings for no good reason. 

I know there is a UEFA stadium criteria tied to club licensing and this wikipedia page makes it simple to see the criteria. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_stadium_categories . I also see the SFA awards are tied to that same UEFA criteria and we are Silver as Mantis mentioned. Page 34 of the document doesnt say we would drop to bronze if we have a standing area though so not sure on what basis opening up the west would cause that?

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/club-licensing/

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7460/scottish-fa-club-licensing-manual-2021.pdf

19 hours ago, Alan said:

I'll be renewing mine. I also was lucky to get to the Dundee match last season and enjoyed the experience

I will be renewing mine as ever.  I felt extremely safe (from Covid) at the Dundee game last season, very well organised by ICT staff.  Strange experience being in the away end but great atmosphere and seeing fans I hadn’t seen since the start of lockdown.  I’m just looking forward to seeing ICT this coming season.   Incidentally I was happy to see the games on my iPad, no matter how crappy, was much better than nothing.  (Ok I’m a happy clapper but pleased to admit it). 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, lizi said:

I will be renewing mine as ever.  I felt extremely safe (from Covid) at the Dundee game last season, very well organised by ICT staff.  Strange experience being in the away end but great atmosphere and seeing fans I hadn’t seen since the start of lockdown.  I’m just looking forward to seeing ICT this coming season.   Incidentally I was happy to see the games on my iPad, no matter how crappy, was much better than nothing.  (Ok I’m a happy clapper but pleased to admit it). 

That's 5 so far we will need a more than that I am sure many more will join us :smile:

• Funny 1